Ryusoulger 13 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:16 pm

★★★★★
30%
★★★★
50%
★★★
10%
★★
10%
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 13 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.8 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Who wants to live forever?

For an episode where the bad guys don't do anything, I really enjoyed this one. I mean, half of what's going on is implied and feels like set up for something that'll happen later, but I kind of dig the world building.

Heck, I feel like we know more about Karino Mioko than we do about than the Ui family who we've been staying with since day one. What happened, did the Ryusoulger writer take some good writer juice or something this week?

How does Mioko know Gaisorg? How is she related to Bamba and how is she related to his master? What's that jeweled Ryusoulger necklace that she wears? Kind of an intriguing character, hope she shows up again.

Why is she prime minister?! Feels like that's important world building to just set up and not do anything with. To be fair, she seems pretty irresponsible though...
Spoiler
The sixth ranger is another dude? That's kind of boring. How many weirdos are you letting leave your weirdo immortal village?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 13 released

Post by Lunagel »

Bamba: You're the prime minister! You have responsibilities, so you shouldn't die!
PM: Mmkay, I'mma go and disappear then.

I'm confused by this. We've clearly seen that the Ryusoul Tribe members *can* die (see: Masters squish death) so I don't see why she can't just down a bottle of asprin or something. Although, once again, maybe this isn't a good topic for a children's show?!

Is it bad I'm wayyyyy more excited for the golf break next week than for the sixth ranger?

Oh, and I'd like to just mention that I didn't cut the Your Name and Cinderella CMs at all, that is literally how they appeared. Back to back. Just like that.

I would like to buy the person who cut those together like that a drink.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not really sure what the importance of making her the prime minister was. The rest of her story seemed irrelevant to that.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

It might not necessarily be a good thing that a character introduced in the latest episode is already more interesting and intriguing than our entire cast so far. Everything about how this episode went tells me that she will show up again down the line as a recurring character. Let's just hope she does so more frequently than Zamigo!

That said, I want to point out that I really liked the way Banba convinced our prime minister here. I think anyone else would have made a plea for her to cherish her life and to continue to find happiness, but he instead reminds her of their sacred duty and that they don't get to just quit when it gets tough. It's both surprisingly cold but completely in-character.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Banba keeps proving that he's the only good character on the main team.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 am Bamba: You're the prime minister! You have responsibilities, so you shouldn't die!
PM: Mmkay, I'mma go and disappear then.

I'm confused by this. We've clearly seen that the Ryusoul Tribe members *can* die (see: Masters squish death) so I don't see why she can't just down a bottle of asprin or something. Although, once again, maybe this isn't a good topic for a children's show?!
It is rather unclear. It seems like maybe she did want to die, but then changed her mind? But at the end of the episode on the rooftop he did say that she was using them so maybe that was all part of her plan?

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:16 pm How does Mioko know Gaisorg? How is she related to Bamba and how is she related to his master? What's that jeweled Ryusoulger necklace that she wears? Kind of an intriguing character, hope she shows up again.
Each of the ryusoulgers has a piece of jewelry with that symbol and a small crystal matching their color. Since hers was white this could be a sign that she'll show up as ryusoulwhite as some point down the line. But it also looks like she might have left the necklace with the flowers at the hospital since it doesn't appear that she's wearing it at the end of the episode when she was walking down the street.

Who knows where this show is going? We have a ton of episodes left so the story could go anywhere. I do appreciate the fact that they commented on the fact that the villains still don't have a permanent lair.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

So I have to ask, is Toei on some kind of anti-suicide theming this year with their Sentai? Or is this something the writer is just like slipping in?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Has this been the 3rd episode this season with someone wanting to die?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

It is. We had episode 3 with Ui, episode 10 with that boxer kid and now this one.

Opinion stuff:
Spoiler
Personally, I'd understand if they wanted to say something about the topic but Junpei Yamaoka feels so ill-equipped to bother with it because I really don't think he's ever heard of weight or stakes in his writing career (he probably slept through that class). So whenever he goes to that well here, it's dealt with the amazing subtlety and care of "Ui stepped on a landmine and exploded".

When I was watching this episode, I couldn't help but wonder how it'd be if Arakawa Naruhisa wrote this show. I know he wrote Abaranger but at least I'd have more of a tangible connection to what's going on. I guess he's too busy with Space Sheriff movies, though.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:16 pm
Spoiler
The sixth ranger is another dude? That's kind of boring. How many weirdos are you letting leave your weirdo immortal village?
By Dude, do you meant why the the sixth ranger is male and not female?

I do admit that since we have no yellow, four males, only Asuna being the female fighter in the team is rather boring and a little sad. But then again, most sixth rangers are males rather than female because it gives a deeper and long lasting impression for being initially stronger than the main cast. Of course, they are selling lego
theme toys anyway so female cast is not a good idea. Sutou Miu is so far the official sixth ranger that is a female in Go-Onger. Then again, Go-Onger had two sixth rangers
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

perhaps, the jewel being white is what every NON-Ryusoulger has. we dont know for sure if everyone had a jewelery piece or just the chosen, since she said she wasnt chosen, and has the necklace. its entirely possible she left to seek out something as that ending sounded pretty determined.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva

Post by windfall »

midorininger wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm perhaps, the jewel being white is what every NON-Ryusoulger has. we dont know for sure if everyone had a jewelery piece or just the chosen, since she said she wasnt chosen, and has the necklace. its entirely possible she left to seek out something as that ending sounded pretty determined.
Unfortunately we haven't met enough of them to know. Premium bandai is also unhelpful in this regard as they're only selling the ryusoulger's accessories at the moment.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I keep questioning myself why I'm watching this show. Hell... I feel like nothing happens and a majority of characters do nothing.
Spoiler
I feel like they are trying to emulate all the same beats the last Dino Sentai had. Same color team. Starts with Red/Blue/Pink working together. Then Green joins in, then Black. Episode 14 has the six ranger pop up. Soon we'll see Cyan and Granite.. am I the only one missing the team actually beat the monster before it grows big?
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

If the PM IS gonna show up later as ryusoulwhite or whatever, calling it now
Magiranger
she only shows up and transforms in the final episode like magimother.

Also, classic toei, "First female prime minister abandons responsibilities cause she's selfish, ignores pleas from man who is clearly her junior".
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

According to my posting history, I stopped watching Ryusoulger around episode 5, so I dropped into this week's episode not really knowing what to expect from the story at this point and, if I may be blunt, this year's Sentai is the most magic satchel-The U.S.S. Make Sh*t Up series that I think we have had. All tension in these battles are instantly resolved based on whatever toy they can pull out of thin air to get themselves a win.

I understand what the writers were going for from an emotional perspective with the Prime Minister's story, yet the powers didn't match the abilities of the monster. It's an interesting concept; having a monster that's driven by someone's desire to kill themselves- then you have that monster become afraid of fire. Also, it has a beam that makes people be honest...and also use that as a reason to break up a random couple on the street. Also, it causes some minor in-fighting between the hero team that we are going to offset simply by having our strong-yet-girly Pink ranger say flattering honest things about smart-guy-Blue ranger. Uhh...What?

The Purple Knight seems like an interesting character at least. Looking forward to more of his story.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”