KR Zi-O 41 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:12 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 15
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: KR Zi-O 41 released

Post by Mandalori »

I think they did say "You're finally showing yourself Zi-O" so to me, they never saw who he was, and never saw the statue. since it's basically in a place untouched by the war.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

Mandalori wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am I think they did say "You're finally showing yourself Zi-O" so to me, they never saw who he was, and never saw the statue. since it's basically in a place untouched by the war.
I agree with your point. I also want to point out 2 other thing. 1st is the uncle talk when finding out Sougo is Zi-O. It show that they "maybe" met another Zi-O in the henshin state but never saw the man inside the costume. 2nd is another zi-o henshin voice, it say Zi-O II. Geiz and Tsukuyomi saw Sougo transform into Zi-O II. They put two and two together and come to a single conclusion. I know my 2nd point is weak but that is what i interpret by watching the scene.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I like their choice for Decade's second camera. The website description even advertises double exposure as a selling point which is rather fitting.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I've been pretty blasé about Zi-O for the last several episodes. But I will give the crew credit: once they go back to actually focusing on Zi-O, the show can actually be very good.

While this wasn't a perfect episode, it hit a lot of points it needed to, and it did them well. Oma Zi-O still kicked Zi-O's ass (yay!), and the Drive watch finally got mentioned (yay!). And now we have the long-awaited return of Another Zi-O, with this arc taking an interesting twist since there's some actual peril and the resolution hasn't been telegraphed 40 minutes in advance. (Sougo will obviously win, but he's not going to bumble his way through this one)

The interesting thing is that a lot of this feels like a Build episode. But unlike Build, it works. It's a deviation instead of a standard Build episode, and the writing is just done better. I know this cannot remain the status quo, and that's what makes it so special, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this arc goes.

Speaking at a meta level, perhaps the most interesting thing here is that we've only just introduced Grand Zi-O, and the writers have immediately kicked its power level to the curb. In any other series the ultimate form would be kicking ass and taking names for the rest of the series, but here, the first arc after it's introduced, it's immediately losing to an enemy that would normally be less powerful. Now with that said, I get the distinct impression that this is the writers trying to rein things in after doing the obligatory toy introduction. Grand Zi-O had to be introduced at a specific time in Q4, so the writers did what was required of them, and now they're going to put Grand Zi-O back in the box until they're actually ready for Sougo to use it. It's certainly a different way to go about things.
Kurokage X wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:30 am and the last guy I wanted to see was Hiryu and he has not changed. His single minded obsession with ruining Sougo's life because nobody was there for him feels so one dimensional I didn't care for him when he debut and the fact that now he's just being an ass to simply spite Sougo for not being a proper Zi-O, I guess, just makes it harder for me to like him. His abilities to rewrite time is a little interesting and yeah I got nothing else.
This is just my $0.02, but he's not supposed to be a good guy, or even a redeemable character. He's held this intense hatred for Sougo for over a decade - outright growing up with it - and it's not going to go away. His life was ruined because of who Sougo is, and he's never going to heal from that. So being this tragic bastard does not feel out of place. Unlike Geiz, Sougo can't win this guy over; so what is he going to do?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:41 amUnlike Geiz, Sougo can't win this guy over; so what is he going to do?
If you can't kill him, have a Zi-O on Zi-O make out session?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

cue that sexy music for the yaoi
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

But, if you have Yaoi in tokusatsu then one of the participants has to kill the other within five minute of screen time.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

I had so many mixed feelings about this episode. I would really enjoy the Geiz not knowing his closest friend thing if it wasn't for the fact it took 28 loooooooooong fucking episodes for him to stop trying to murder him for dumb reasons in the first place. There are more episodes of Geiz trying to murder sougo than there is of them being friends. It feels like a huge step backwards into a plot i was already sick of pretty early in to the show. Plus his original personality of not having more than 2 braincells to rub together reappears too. "Hello obviously confused person who defeated a bunch of another riders IN FRONT OF ME whilst running to the aid of my best friend/sister/gf, i must kill you now as you're clearly the villain of this piece" Plus since we're back on another zi-o... who was the reason they came together in the first place... they are essentially rerunning a previous (+much better) episode.

Woz being the most blatant spy in the history of spies is pretty funny, i liked that. Tsukuyomi having 4 braincells today was nice. The timejackers were pretty fun, I always love more Tsukasa & the action was cool.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, it's really annoying when a chracter's arc is just reversed or thrown away for no reason! But yeah, Geiz having a negative character arc was pretty annoying.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”