Ryusoulger 19 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:25 am

★★★★★
33%
★★★★
17%
★★★
25%
★★
8%
17%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 19 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.44 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Blue and Tyramigo episode

Just wasn't super into this one. I guess as far as relationships go, Tyramigo's dislike of Melto is one of the few one's that've been previously developed. But it's Ryusoulger so it's still super underdeveloped.

Let's workshop the story a bit. Tyramigo doesn't like Melto, right? So why is Tyramigo doing things to prove Melto that he's helpful? Shouldn't Melto be using his "intellect" to show Tyramigo that he's not just a cocky bastard?

Feels like kind of a waste for Taki Yukari's guest appearance.

To harp on the mecha design again, we have red and gold taking care of the monster, while the rest of the "team" sit on their hands. It's a Melto episode, sorta, let him use his mecha. Sell those toys!

Wow, look at the star power behind the CM guests this time
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Re: Ryusoulger 19 released

Post by kangchan »

I felt like the sub-writers write Ryusoulger better than the main writer. In Yamaoka Junpei's episodes, something is not interest in story, and how character interact with others.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I really liked this one, more than I was expecting to even. Just from last week's preview, I was expecting to mostly speed through a silly one-off episode where nothing really happens. And yeah, it is pretty silly one-off, but it was plenty charming and funny. Those first few minutes of Tyramigo just going about his day in town and greeting the local people who have all gotten used to his presence? It was as surreal as it was relaxing. It was shot as if it really was some kind of slice-of-life show starring your friendly mascot character like Doremon or something.

The focus on Tyramigo and Melto's friendship isn't exactly the most in-depth thing, but I both went 'aww' when Tyramigo finally got his name right in the end, and also laughed when they squabbled more right before the ending song.

Gigant KishiryuOh's big spinning dropkick has beaten out the flaming swords for effects in this show for me that are needlessly extravagant but also greatly appreciated.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, I kinda liked this one too. Sure, it was a one-off farce, but that's where Sentai can really shine.

You can tell it's summer, when there are 3 ice cream commercials almost in a row.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Something about this episode felt really different. I can't put my finger on it, but whatever it was, I really liked it and enjoyed it. It was a fun episode that seemed to be experimenting with different things, production wise. I dunno.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Why does Tyramigo hate Melto again? I can't remember. It's also strange that they go out of the way to try and have him as his own character (probably because they made a suit for him) but they kind of half ass it. He was easily the best part of the episode and is more enjoyable of a character than anyone that isn't Banba and Wyzul.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I don't think they ever really mentioned actual hate? There was the schtick where Tyramigo was learning to talk (and now he's quite erudite, go figure) and he couldn't pronounce Melto's name to an extent it seemed like teasing.

Are we *ever* gonna find out who that masked dude was or have we just dropped that plot thread entirely? I wouldn't mind so much but all we're getting recently is new power-ups/mechs without any actual plot progression.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Masked dude?

i felt the episode was kinda meh to be honest, im just glad it didnt turn out to be a baseball episodes .... although maybe seeing them do a ranger ball ala Kyuranger's baseball method would have been neat. then forcing the teacher to "suffer", to grow the minusaur was meh as well, would have prefered:
1- Tyramigo tell the kids to listen to their teacher.
2- Tyramigo NOT grow larger but convert to Kishiryu-oh and finish the minusaur WITHOUT giant mecha combat.

also! Gaisorg is still a thing yes? at least there was a hint theres a strange energy coming from space.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Have to say, Ui’s father feels like an unsung charm of the series. It feels like he should be annoying, but I really don’t find him that bad.

This was a very filler-y episode, but it does play with some interesting (and kinda creepy) ideas. Kind of a shame that an episode with Melto as the main human ranger didn’t do anything interesting with him.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As several other people have noted, it's a weird episode. It's almost - but not quite - a slice of life episode. But then you have an ancient robotic dinosaur with enough firepower to level Tokyo casually walking around saying hello to people and playing with the kids, and a monster that can teleport people, and it gets rather offbeat. Which doesn't mean it's a bad episode (experimenting is good), but some things worked and some things didn't.

I liked having Creon, in all of his fourth wall-breaking glory running around on his own for an episode, without having to kowtow to a general. His whole energetic-but-lazy approach to life continues to be amusing. However I'm really not sure we needed to know what Creon's goo tastes like... Good god, Japan. :shock:

I'm not sure who the focus of this episode was though. At times it seems like a Melto episode, and at other times it seems like a Tyramigo episode.

The action choreography was also a step above. Nothing too flashy there, but the library fight was more complex and used longer shots than most fights. Then again, there wasn't actually much fighting in this episode to begin with; that and the lack of variety in locations makes me think it was meant to be a breather episode for the whole production.
takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:25 am Feels like kind of a waste for Taki Yukari's guest appearance.
I knew she looked familiar! I had to look it up in the Wiki; my brain never did manage to figure out that she was Sawa

To harp on the mecha design again, we have red and gold taking care of the monster, while the rest of the "team" sit on their hands.[/quote]We've had worse, and in an off-beat episode like this it's not very egregious. But yeah, it does stick out like a sore thumb.
Mxylv wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm Have to say, Ui’s father feels like an unsung charm of the series. It feels like he should be annoying, but I really don’t find him that bad.
Like Ui, he's really just there for comic relief. But his simple style helps a lot with the delivery, contrasting nicely with the overly enthusiastic (and thus, sometimes grating) Ui.
BreadToku wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:04 am Gigant KishiryuOh's big spinning dropkick has beaten out the flaming swords for effects in this show for me that are needlessly extravagant but also greatly appreciated.
The flaming swords are still my favorite, but I had to stop and do a double take during that fight. That dropkick was done with the suite, and not CGI. And as best as I can tell, it wasn't composited in; they actually did it on the city set. That's really neat to see, and helps sell the idea that these are fast, limber robots.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”