KR Zero-One 01 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 60
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Zero-One 01 released

Post by Mighty Action X »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:55 pm some of the comedy wasn't really my thing. like, Zero-One getting smacked in the face with his attache case sword or rolling his ankle on the landing were great, but Aruto's standup just isn't doing it for me. it's weird. when he tries to look silly, he looks absolutely ridiculous, but he actually looked kinda cool when he needed to look serious.

the standup isn't enough to be a big distraction, but it does lower this to merely a 4/5 for me. I'm looking forward to learning more about the hints they're dropping for stuff that happened in the past.
That's an interesting thing I find about him. He's the cool guy trying to be the funny guy.

-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please don't talk about unreleased episodes
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

This is a good 1st episode, i just didn't like the shlap-shtick-y comedy the main hero does, basically the 1st half of the episode, "oh i'm late for work" then the "face on the ground" because his intro bombed for more comedy, it's kinda annoying, this type of acting looks good on anime but not live action for me.

The second half though is great, the moment he went serious, things got way better, there's even a tutorial for him to use the belt and doesn't just magically know how to use it (i'm looking at you R/B bros lol!) , pretty nice.

I'm calling it, Rising Hopper is Kick Hopper.

And there's the similarities of Kikai's world and this one, it's really uncanny, it's like if 01 fails, Kikai will follow suit, maybe it's just me overthinking since the satellite and the robot thing were already used by Kikai lol!

And yeah i agree, BEST RIDER KICK EVER!, it's not as crappy like Builds, it's simple with a bit of flair and actually devastating, and the ground itself is destroyed, nice touch there.

And man, i love the belt design, it doesn't have a crank, a fruit slicer or stupidly bulky, it's just right and looks sweet.

Nakayama Kinnikun?, really?, i was just watching STU48's Setochalle and he was there, then i watch this then he's here as well lol!

I'll give this a 4, 1 point deduction for the crappy comedic bits lol!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

One suggestion for future, spell it "Authorise", the British way. That way it matches all the other uses of "Rise" in the series.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:12 am One suggestion for future, spell it "Authorise", the British way. That way it matches all the other uses of "Rise" in the series.
Now I think about it, you're right man. Authorise does sounds perfectly for their uses of the series' transformation jingle
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good first episode. My only complaints are that the sword weapon looks dumb and overly toy like and the CGI for the bus thing was really crappy.

Liking everything else so far though!
darkaura
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Type: INFP Healer

Post by darkaura »

I loved this I hope that Toei continues with this strong start. To me it feels like a cross between Kuuga, Kiva, and Blade. in all the right ways.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

A solid first episode.

They did use a lot of CGI (that still doesn't look good enough) but the characters and story is good (more of the same but in a good way).

This show so far is a like a little mix of OOO and Gobusters. The villains really remind me to Enter, it was also cool to see a villain "henshin" even when he was just the first boss :p.

Zero One is going to have several forms which is always cool and add a lot of variety but as always these forms are forgotten in the later episodes.

Fuwa is definitely going to be the secondary rider.

So far so good!
Final Vent!
NejiHyuga900
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Rawr! I'm a thunder dragon!

Post by NejiHyuga900 »

This is my first time watching a Kamen Rider season while it's currently airing. I'm very interested in where Zero-One is going. Within the last few years, I've been interested in stuff when it comes to humans and A.I.s and their relationships.
SVNBob
Go Go!

Post by SVNBob »

During the "reading of the will scene", was I the only one that got a Asimov's Foundation vibe?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Really good first episode, it definitely had an anime sort of vibe to it.

I hope this doesn't mean that the lead animator now leaves the series for 13 episode to draw the promotional photobook and we get filler episodes until they come back ...

I liked that the villain flunky was able to curb stomp a mook in less than five seconds. It would be cool if the flunky, who is always laughing for no reason, stops laughing if the hero tells a joke.

I think it would be funny if the main bad guy invents a V2 version of turning the humagear's into monsters and the V2 version looks like a Gaia Memory.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Loved the first episode and I can't wait to see how this season goes. Also loving them going back to a grasshopper motif from the design of the primary form.
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

Quite the interesting first episode! I really liked the start with a commercial to set up the world and Kurenosuke's company. I hope that we'll learn about him more and his decision about Aruto becoming the new president. Aruto looks like a nice guy, the actor has a nice smile. He really try to go over the top during the gag moments with poor results, but I guess that was the idea. The cinematography really was interesting: I could almost see the storyboard they could have used to prepare the sequences. That was really neat, I really hope that they won't stray too much from this kind of quality. The designs seem to try to be too complex for starters: the belt is still a bit too busy but when opened up it changes for the better, in my humble opinion. Zero-One design is quite the standard since a bit of time in riders series: black undersuit and colored pieces on top. I guess it's easier to produces figurines that way. Yet I don't dislike it, the head and loud color gives off a bizarre insect-like appearence and I like the details of the antennas and his fighting pose. The enemy's costume felt pretty cheap, the mook ones seemed almost better constructed. The battle choreography was neat and yeah, that Rider Kick was really nice. Simple yet effective, with its style and a great degree of power shown. The themes of A.I., androids and coexistence with artificial life always interested me so I'm really curious about this series. I'm also interested about Aruto's flashback, that was kinda puzzling. I liked the detail of the Humagear "wearing" that bizarre heaphones-piece instead of having ears, it kind of remind me of cyborgs/androids from 80 ovas. It's laso interesting that we never see the ears of the duo that act as the enemies of this episode due to them being covered by the bandana and hair. They have some nice moments, especially the fluid reaction to the attack of the mook.
Overall, it was pretty good: being a first episode, which rarely defines a show, I was going to go with three start but I'll up it to four. Can't wait for the next one, I really hope that it will stay consistent to remain hooked to the series and share opinions with you guys.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I actually really enjoyed this episode. We got a nice amount of worldbuilding, a fair blend of comedic and serious points, and quite a bit of potential, both for the overarching story and for exploring some interesting themes. I was initially a bit concerned about the main character being a comedian, but we've had a number of unlikely main riders before, and it looks like he's not going to actually be making odd jokes throughout the series. As an additional plus, the generic rogue Humagear machines aren't treated as generic one-hit kills for the episode, which itself adds a certain realism to the scene.

For now I'm only hoping that it'll be explained how the late president was aware of the Humagear situation before it happened (was he knew those involved with Metsubou Jinrai early on?), although the rather tough apparent secondary rider hints that we're going to get plenty of backstory as the series goes on. I'll definitely keep up with the show; effects aside, this seems like one of the most promising openings we've had in a while.
Deadrider50 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:45 amThe Zero One Suit's design looks cool to me. The effects (Zero One suit's cyber effects) kinda reminds me back from Ultraman X which used the same cyber digital effects style
I really do like what they're doing with the digital motif; it's a lot more vague than the themes we'd had previously, so I think it fits quite well with the Showa and early Heisei riders.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I had to admit that I physically shuddered when I saw the guy pull out a real world gun. It felt strangely shocking amidst this futuristic sci-fi world.
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:57 am I had to admit that I physically shuddered when I saw the guy pull out a real world gun. It felt strangely shocking amidst this futuristic sci-fi world.
Yeah, same here. I was expecting a combat knife, energy or some bizarre, ornate weapon but the fluidity of the movement, plus the weapon and the laugh really had that mix of creepyness and grittiness that caught me by surprise and gave the guy, who seemed the usual hooded bad guy, some menacing potential and made him stand out as more violent than expected.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”