KR Zero-One 02 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 39
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 02 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.58 / 5 (40 votes)

Alt Title: Shoot yourself to transform

Isn't it ironic that when an AI approaches true consciousness, it's taken over by villains. It's pretty tragic if you think about it, since they're cut down right as they become more human.

Loving the transformations. It was pretty funny to see Fuwa strain against that plastic thing, only for it to flip so easily out. Maybe that was there only good take. Davinci's text effects are perfect.

Bike is cool, kind of tired of cellphones that turn into things. Finally, some good fucking riding.

Please tell me there's an mashup gif of Akira motorcycle with Zero-One's. I'll make one if there isn't yet

Fuck you Toei, you combined Strike and Slash to make a new word?.

Really wish that Aruto would stop it with the jokes.

I want to like Yaiba, but she feels very low energy compared to everyone else.
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Re: KR Zero-One 02 released

Post by kevinlafriday »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:06 pm I want to like Yaiba, but she feels very low energy compared to everyone else.
Surprisingly I like this character. Everyone else seems to be so passionate with their own ideals (Aruto, Fuwa, the theme park owner or even the vice president). But i think the show deserves at least a character with calm manners and logical judgement.

I mean, how else are you gonna partner up with someone who outright claims that "he is the law"? lol

...by the way, how the heck did the company humagear turn back to normal (end scene) after being defeated by Zero One?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I love how earlier in the episode it looked like Fuwa was as mad as the rest of us about Aruto's terrible gags, only to turn out to be the ONE person in the world who likes them. I look forward to that being the weird thing that makes them become friends eventually. that, or the big reveal to A.I.M.S. that Aruto is Zero-One causes a tragic "aw, why'd you have to be the guy I'm trying to kill?! I LIKE you." moment.

I'm curious to see what Yaiba's REALLY up to with getting Fuwa to become a Kamen Rider and then documenting it, but also I'm curious what the deal is with ProgRise keys that these people just happen to have one, when it seems to be proprietary Hiden tech, and the only reason the bad guys have any is because they're operating out of a place that Hiden used to be involved with.

and speaking of the bad guys, I JUST NOW found out why their keys have such weird names. they're named after partial scientific names of EXTINCT animals. the first episode wasn't just a mantis, but a Kujiberotha teruyukii, an insect from the cretaceous period, and the two this episode are the extinct gliding lizard-like reptile Kuehneosaurus and Ekaltadeta, a carnivorous fanged kangaroo. naming your "kill off a species" powers after species that are already dead is a neat touch.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

takenoko wrote:Just wanted to ask the fans for a little patience. I know everyone's excited about the new show, but we're working with a new translator, and we're busy with job stuff. It's taking us a little time to get into a new routine. It's taking a little while now, but it should get faster as things settle into place. I know you guys are used to the show coming out a little sooner than this, but thank you for your understanding as we work through this.
Anyone remember Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? Both shows premiered in first-run syndication. Paramount would upload the show via satellite on a Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning via satellite, and then the show would be aired the following broadcast week of Monday-Sunday. For my local station, the show would air the following Saturday at 7 PM, and for DSN, the following Sunday at 6 PM.... a full week after the station received it.

As I said before, and I'll say it again: I am very appreciative of the efforts of the TVN team that records, translates, and distributes each episode on a timely manner. People keep forgetting that this is a wholly volunteer effort. I try not to be said person. You guys a "Ryu So Cool".
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

kevinlafriday wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:42 pm ..by the way, how the heck did the company humagear turn back to normal (end scene) after being defeated by Zero One?
I'm not sure, but it's a nice touch. I thought he had replaced his guard like a callous dog owner getting a new one right after the old one dies, but the bandage means it's the same guy. So that's an interesting dichotomy, where one hero saves the villains/victims while another destroys them. It's seeding a potential clash of ideologies that shows some thought being put into the details of this series, which I appreciate.

Also, can I say that when the song comes on and it's just going "zero one, zero one, zero one" that really gets me hyped? What a cool Tony Stark moment.

>and speaking of the bad guys, I JUST NOW found out why their keys have such weird names. they're named after partial scientific names of EXTINCT animals. the first episode wasn't just a mantis, but a Kujiberotha teruyukii, an insect from the cretaceous period, and the two this episode are the extinct gliding lizard-like reptile Kuehneosaurus and Ekaltadeta

I kind of figured that was the case, but was too lazy to figure out what the exact origins were. I definitely feel like I've heard of a ekaltadeta somewhere before.

Edit:
BTW, what's this symbol mean?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TorchWood wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:12 pm As I said before, and I'll say it again: I am very appreciative of the efforts of the TVN team that records, translates, and distributes each episode on a timely manner. People keep forgetting that this is a wholly volunteer effort. I try not to be said person. You guys a "Ryu So Cool".
Thanks! Like, no one was being super rude about it or anything. But people are getting antsy, and to be fair I do have a history of being bad at communicating stuff in a timely manner. I just figured that people would appreciate like an honest explanation of why it's taking a little longer than usual.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

thanks for the release, although were is the subbed version for the transformation course though?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

For the interested, one of my favorite manga authors Yu Aida took to doing fanart for this show. On September 8th, he did a drawing of Izu and for this episode, he reimagined Isamu and Yua as Triela and Hilshire respectively from his manga Gunslinger Girl.
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:13 pm
kevinlafriday wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:42 pm..by the way, how the heck did the company humagear turn back to normal (end scene) after being defeated by Zero One?
I'm not sure, but it's a nice touch. I thought he had replaced his guard like a callous dog owner getting a new one right after the old one dies, but the bandage means it's the same guy. So that's an interesting dichotomy, where one hero saves the villains/victims while another destroys them. It's seeding a potential clash of ideologies that shows some thought being put into the details of this series, which I appreciate.
I always saw it described that Aruto did make a replacement for Mamoru and just used the same bandage. As Izu said, once a HumaGear turns into a Magia then, there's no bringing them back (especially with how the Rider finishers seem to take advantage of their opponents being robots and trash them thoroughly). It'd be nice if Aruto somehow managed to bring the Robo-dude back but with how the show is currently set-up, it'd be playing things way too fast and loose with their internal logic imo.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I gotta say, in two episodes I'm already invested in Zero One than I am with Zi-O.

I like how Fuwa despite being the shoot first ask questions later has something to contrast like him finding Aruto's lame jokes funny. One thing I know I'm gonna have problems with is Aruto's jokes, though I have a feeling as he develops, or at least I hope he does, his jokes start to get legitimately funny. Yua I think is cool considering she's the coolheaded one compare to fuwa's hotheadedness. Though seeing that he was a survivor of the daybreak explosion and those rogue humagears chasing him did give him a reason to hate them which I could understand.

Fuwa becoming Vulcan though I can say is without a doubt one of the main highlights of this episode considering he's struggling to open a little toy and I can see the veins on his neck, and that he punches a bullet to transform, that I say is fucking awesome! That last moment where he and Zero One were just staring at each other before the latter disappears is great too, though the music reminds me of the shadow the hedgehog game for some reason.

It sucks to be some of the humagears to develop some semblance of free will only to be converted to the monsters of the week and be destroyed, save for the prehistoric rat one/mamoru I guess.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:13 pm
kevinlafriday wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:42 pm ..by the way, how the heck did the company humagear turn back to normal (end scene) after being defeated by Zero One?

Also, can I say that when the song comes on and it's just going "zero one, zero one, zero one" that really gets me hyped? What a cool Tony Stark moment.

>and speaking of the bad guys, I JUST NOW found out why their keys have such weird names. they're named after partial scientific names of EXTINCT animals. the first episode wasn't just a mantis, but a Kujiberotha teruyukii, an insect from the cretaceous period, and the two this episode are the extinct gliding lizard-like reptile Kuehneosaurus and Ekaltadeta

I kind of figured that was the case, but was too lazy to figure out what the exact origins were. I definitely feel like I've heard of a ekaltadeta somewhere before.

Edit:
Not sure what the symbol means, I think Zero One attacking the belt directly did something. Probably destroying the virus and reverting.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kuchiri wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:13 pmEdit:
Not sure what the symbol means, I think Zero One attacking the belt directly did something. Probably destroying the virus and reverting.
I do actually know the meaning to this one and it's more baffling than that. There are certain marks people attach to the back of their cars to inform other drivers about them. Sort of like a "baby in car" only for the driver.

https://gazoo.com/article/daily/131016.html

The mark on his ear is for a new driver, one who's only had their license for less than a year. Does that mean he died and they remade him? Hence why the mark? It's more confusing than explanatory.
That_FaizGuy
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by That_FaizGuy »

I've been a TVN viewer since Faiz! All the hard work and love you put into each release is very much appreciated! Much as I love getting my tofu fix on a weekly basis, please take care of yourselves first and get plenty of 'me time!' Put your awesome TV-N subs up for release when you're good and ready!! Thanks everyone for all your hard work and labor of love! Peace! 8)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:46 pm
Kuchiri wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm
I do actually know the meaning to this one and it's more baffling than that. There are certain marks people attach to the back of their cars to inform other drivers about them. Sort of like a "baby in car" only for the driver.

https://gazoo.com/article/daily/131016.html

The mark on his ear is for a new driver, one who's only had their license for less than a year. Does that mean he died and they remade him? Hence why the mark? It's more confusing than explanatory.
So it marks him as a beginner? What does that mean for an android? I mean, even if he remade him, he wouldn't tie that rag around his arm again. Although, Mamoru is probably repaired at this point, so he has no real practical reason for having it. Maybe it's sentimental for him? That's a cool touch either way.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I'm not sure how I feel about Mamoru somehow not being destroyed and returning to normal, but I guess that's just the grim part of me. Good episode, I'm surprised one of the main bad guys showed himself to the protagonist so quickly.

Also my god, I hate the way the announcer says "Bullet"... that's going to take some getting used to.
Cl0ckwrx
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Cl0ckwrx »

I remember spending HOURS trying to decipher Berotha and such PRE SERIES. Someone had pointed out the Berothidae genus or whatever (bearded lacewings or MANTISFLIES) Which seemed to be the best connection.

For Kuehneo my guess went to Kuehneosuaridae (which is indeed the name origin)

And for Ekaru(again this was purely off scans so no clear images of the keys, or websites showing us proper spellings) i was thinking some Euchasomething or other (some genus that includes Jerboas) since the lil blurb had mentioned Nezumi so was looking under rodents for any name that COULD be transliterated as Ekaru. Official site giving us the origins of stuff like Kujiberotha teruyukii is nice. I mean its definitely not your conentional naming since in the past we got Enlgish name + monster type.

Bat +Fangire, Caslte +Smash etc... I can't think of any that used the Japanese names so one would assume that would be a fun way to help distinguish the new generation from the previous. Going with scienctific names as a source fits this science themed rider series pretty well.

I would say the reason AIMS has a progrize key (or keys) is because they were formed in the wake of the incident however many years earlier. The previous incidentwhere Humagear went rogue. I could see the Hiden being pressured to develop better counter measures and supplying a group with Anti AI tech in case of another incident makes sense. so the Shot Riser and Vulcan's key were likely part of some incase of emergency break glass type deal. "IF a situation arises where things get to out of hand... this SHOULD help "

Asfor the Wakaba mark bit... we see this often in Mobile games for beginner missions. SO maybe his OS got rolled back? his body was repaired and either a newer version of the OS got installed or he got rolled back. We can hope that down the road they explain this but then again we are only on ep 2 so.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”