KR Zero-One 02 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 39
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: KR Zero-One 02 released

Post by resop2 »

I am kind of getting a Garo vibe here: Even if you know and like a human, if a horror attaches to this human then you have to strike down the horror even though it will kill the human.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

oh say, over at the avex youtube channel shows the official lyrics of the tv size opening RealxEyeZ, so perhaps when you release the 3rd episode, it will help with subbing the op.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Don't bring two boomerang swords to a gunfight :)

Loving the calm Yua & hot-blooded Isamu dynamic, it's not anything new but i dig how it's done here, specially how Yua is standing up to Isamu eventhough he's captain, that kick to Isamu was awesome to see lol!, i think i'm falling with Yua more than Izu.

So we get the main hero co-existing together with the Humagears and 2nd hero wants to obliterate them, been there before but again i don't see anything wrong so far with this series.

Hoping for a proper opening on the 3rd episode.

I really dig Vulcan's henshin, man i'm a sucker for cool facial CG, man that's sick to look at, can't wait for Yua :)

Big point for me is the henshin/finisher sound effects, finally, rapping and singing is "somewhat" out (hopefully for good lol!) and we get the firm and proper line delivery (reminds me of Kabuto) and not too long (just looking back at Ginga Finally, man that was too cheesy and cringy for me)

Again, not a big fan of too much gesture comedy, but it was ok here, not too much to annoy me :P

Giving this a 5 :)
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I absolutely interpreted the end as that new Mamoru being a completely different robot, but Aruto gave him that handkerchief as respect to the one who died.

I loved this episode even more than the first. I adore that kind of stuff with drawing parellels between two characters back to back like that, and all the action was stunning. That might have been the best bike stuff in a long time.

I even didn't mind Aruto's intentionally bad comedy. He only did it twice anyway, and it was for the magnificent reveal that he has at least one person who finds it funny.

I hope this momentum can keep up for a long time!
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

kevinlafriday wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:42 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:06 pm I want to like Yaiba, but she feels very low energy compared to everyone else.
...by the way, how the heck did the company humagear turn back to normal (end scene) after being defeated by Zero One?
I believe they made a new HumaGear with the same appearance and job as the old Mamoru and Aruto gave the new one the exact same bandana.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

If Aruto doesnt use his "call bike" app as an attack by the end of the series, Ill riot.

Fun fact: container walls are 10inch thick and would actually look like that if they where shot with super heated plasma, phantasmal wolves holding something against it thou... not enough data.

Unfun fact: need the protag and its mob of the week to get close to the rival fighting somewhere else? chase scene and jump cut!
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

No opening? Boooooo!

Yay secret identity! Or dare I say "Hiden" Identity?? harhar... Sorry.

Man, two MOTWs in one episode? These guys are not kidding around!

Cool bike yo. Hopefully this year we'll actually get to see it even if not for action sequences like this episode, unlike last season where it almost feels like they went "Oh we forgot the bike! Quick! Write the bike in!"

Man, good thing Izu has a built-in camera.

OMG Isamu likes Aruto's jokes. They're defo going to be BFFs forever XD

5/5
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. It feels like a weird move for Aruto to put his bandage onto a replacement Mamoru. Like even if he felt sad about not being able to save him, it's not like the bandage was symbolic of anything.

Maybe the beginner symbol is on Mamoru at the end because he got rebooted? That'd still be pretty sad though, since that's still like a death in a sense for a robot if their data gets wiped.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:19 am I dunno. It feels like a weird move for Aruto to put his bandage onto a replacement Mamoru. Like even if he felt sad about not being able to save him, it's not like the bandage was symbolic of anything.
I'm not sure why you would say that, the bandage is like the only physical item to represent his brief connection with Mamoru. If he wanted to respect or make sure he didn't forget what happened to the old Mamoru, having that bandage on the replacement model makes perfect sense to me.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

When was the last time we've seen this much property damage? I love it. Also can we talk about that next ep preview?
Spoiler
Female rider incoming?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I'm personally loving the horrible jokes.
Ahhh but i tell bad jokes to begin with.

I swear if those two AIMS agents don't fuck by the end of this series i'm gonna be mad.

Aruto is amazing. So a lot of people are fearing the day his Wifu gets targeted. But apparently it'll be okay cause he SHOULD be able to just destroy her and reinstall cause of at the end of this episode you see a New Momoru with the yellow bandage.

I'm glad to be watching this. I felt bad after having to skip Ghost and Build back to back.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This ended up being an exposition-heavy episode, which isn't necessarily a good thing this early only. But it's clear that the show has a lot to unpack to setup its world, and that even these first two episodes aren't everything. So I suppose it can't be helped, to at least some degree.

What is interesting is that we already have a basic explanation for Aurto's memory and what happened in Daybreak Town. I was expecting those to be dragged out longer, and while there's a bunch more details I'm sure they'll roll out over the coming weeks (such as why Aurto's "dad" is a bot), I'm glad that they're not hanging these giant mysteries over our heads for weeks on end. Instead, we now know that both the primary rider and the first secondary rider were both present at the explosion. Anyone want to take bets on whether that'll be a common thread for the third rider as well?

I also ended up pleasantly surprised that they aren't dragging out involvement of MetsubouJinrai; it's the second episode, and this information is already being made public. So we (presumably) won't have to deal with a long, drawn-out arc where the heroes/Hiden get constantly blamed for something they didn't do.

The new guy sure is hot-headed, isn't he? It's almost a bit much, but then he punched a bullet (!) and everything became okay.:lol:

Though his suit still looks odd. It doesn't look bad, but it's a very significant departure from the usual rider designs (Heisei or otherwise). The virtually head-to-toe armor makes him look like more of a metal hero with an animal motif than it does the usual rider, especially in contrast to Zero-One.

And no title sequence for the second week in a row. Ex-Aid experimented with this; I wonder if it's going to be a permanent thing for Zero-One, or if this is just for the first two episodes since they're so packed with material?
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:06 pm Isn't it ironic that when an AI approaches true consciousness, it's taken over by villains. It's pretty tragic if you think about it, since they're cut down right as they become more human.
It has me wondering just how literal they're being about a "singularity". If they're using the term in the traditional sense, or if it's being co-opted in this series to mean something else. If the villains really are going after Humagear approaching the classic singularity, then that's one hell of a plot point for this series.:o
Really wish that Aruto would stop it with the jokes.
I realize I'm not the target audience or even speaking the correct language, but agreed. They're bad.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:07 amI realize I'm not the target audience or even speaking the correct language, but agreed. They're bad.
[whisper]That's the point...[/whisper]
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

Very nice continuation from the last episode: I was expecting Fuwa to be an obnoxious guy but he has something that I like. Maybe because, being a gun sporting, wolf-themed hero and kind of a loner, he reminds me a lot of Fudou from my beloved Ryukendo. His struggling with trying to open the progrise key was amusing and seeing him trying so hard that his veins literally started bulging really added to the scene.

As someone already mentioned, the part when he seemed to get mad but instead was revealed to be him struggling to hold his laughter really was a nice touch for his character, already setting him apart for being just a revenge chaser. The transformation was really cool: I liked that was totally different from Zero-Ones's. Maybe the A.I.M.S. keys are a project of their own, using their own method to produce a product without relying on Hiden?

Really lovely framing and camerawork again, this time much more in the fight scenes with the Vulcan fight really taking the cake: the p.o.v. shots, the use of the colored containers and continuous change of angle really without being a dizzy mess really entertained me. The shot of Vulcan and Zero-One looking at each other trough the smoldering hole created by the bullet was pretty cool, same for the vanishing in the smoke of our titular rider. And the bike fight? Finally! I really hope that they will continue to use it, even if sparingly. The bike looks nice too, even if I wasn't happy with another cellphone-bike but, well, they used a decent solution.

I kind of like Yua, even if we not know much about her. Her behaviour is interesting and misterious, like she documenting Fuwa's action and saying "it started". I'm really curious. Plus, I really like her voice, she sounds pretty strong and authoritative. She has a thin frame but can more than hold her own, as demonstrated in kicking Fuwa out of the danger.

We also see more of Aruto's past: I like that he basically see Humagears as family members. The jokes are still bad but I guess that's one of his motifs and I like bad jokes, in a way. I also like how the actor portrayed Aruto, making him look like a really, really nice guy with quite the nice smile, while putting up a very determined face while it's the time to get into the action.

About the "new" Mamoru at the end, I think that It's not the same Humagear but a replacement or maybe they repaired Mamoru's body but his mind was lost, so they uploaded a new system. Hence the use of the Shoshinsha Mark, usually displayed by beginners drivers. About the handkerchief around his arm, even if he isn't the old Mamoru anymore, I can see that Aruto, being the good guy that he his, gave him that to honor the late Mamoru and, in a way, to give to the "new" Mamoru the spirit of the "old" one.
Yeah, I'm probably reading too much into this, but I really liked the episode. Sorry for the wall of text!

Thank you so much for the spectacular work guys, I'll patiently wait for the next (zero) one!
Last edited by GaMa7 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hey Gama, you might want to break that up into paragraphs. When I write a lot, I find it's a lot easier for people to read it if my ideas are broken down into bite size pieces.
BreadToku wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:58 am I'm not sure why you would say that, the bandage is like the only physical item to represent his brief connection with Mamoru. If he wanted to respect or make sure he didn't forget what happened to the old Mamoru, having that bandage on the replacement model makes perfect sense to me.
Because it's sort of weird to me? The closest analogy I can think of is taking your dead dog's collar and putting it on your new dog. But that's only because there's a lot of emotional significance to that collar. That bandage was just something Aruto used to wrap the old Mamoru's wound when he was hurt. It means a lot to Mamoru and the viewer, but it shouldn't for Aruto?

>(such as why Aurto's "dad" is a bot)

Do we know what the current town they're in is called? Wonder if Daybreak Town is some pun on Japan being the land of the rising sun. Anyway, if Aruto's dad is a bot, will the plot twist be that Aruto is a robot? If not, who's the replicant in this story, because one of the main characters is definitely going to be revealed to be a robot. Make your bets now!

Also Detroit Becomes Human.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”