KR Zero-One 02 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 39
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Re: KR Zero-One 02 released

Post by GaMa7 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:46 am Hey Gama, you might want to break that up into paragraphs. When I write a lot, I find it's a lot easier for people to read it if my ideas are broken down into bite size pieces.
Thanks for the suggestion! You are absolutely right, I've broken down the wall of text in paragraphs. I was just still excited by the episode and wrote that up without thinking much about the form. :oops:
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: explanations are still spoilers, please don't talk about unreleased episodes
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Also. someone pointing out Aruto's humor is bad... it's meant to be. Did you see the look of death on everyone's face after he made the bad joke at the end of the episode. I expect every episode is going to end on one of these. Maybe one of them will actually be funny to change things up and shock everyone. Maybe other characters will chime in with them. I'm okay with these kinds of ongoing gags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL. Come on guys, we know it's supposed to be bad, you're not explaining anything people don't understand.

It's still annoying, and it's not that funny a bit.

You can put a character in a story that's supposed to be annoying to their fellow characters. But it's still bad writing if that same character is annoying for the audience.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:46 am Anyway, if Aruto's dad is a bot, will the plot twist be that Aruto is a robot? If not, who's the replicant in this story, because one of the main characters is definitely going to be revealed to be a robot. Make your bets now!
That's a really good point; I hadn't even considered the writers pulling a Replicant. I doubt Aruto is a bot, as it seems like that would be a liability for toy sales (you want the hero to be relatable, after all). But everyone else is fair game.

And then we'll probably also find out that one of the bots is really a human, for good measure. :lol:
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:37 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:46 am Anyway, if Aruto's dad is a bot, will the plot twist be that Aruto is a robot? If not, who's the replicant in this story, because one of the main characters is definitely going to be revealed to be a robot. Make your bets now!
That's a really good point; I hadn't even considered the writers pulling a Replicant. I doubt Aruto is a bot, as it seems like that would be a liability for toy sales (you want the hero to be relatable, after all). But everyone else is fair game.

And then we'll probably also find out that one of the bots is really a human, for good measure. :lol:
Wasn't there Janperson or something in the 90s?
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This was really well done. Fuwa himself seems a bit more one-dimensional than the first episode implied, but his backstory combined with Hiden having legitimate issues with corruption and coverups gave him a little more nuance.

The Mamoru subplot was kinda nice, but I could've used a couple of episodes to get to know Mamoru a bit better; this early on it felt more like a random fridge for the sake of Aruto's character (which may have amounted to fairly little, given his kinda-sorta rebuilding at the end?) than a tragedy in and of itself. (Random fact: "Mamoru" itself translates to "protect," so I can only assume some of the other Humagears have had similarly clever names.)

Oddly enough, it's a lot of the little details in the episode that really stood out to me. The Humagears in the flashbacks look a little less advanced or refined (almost simean) than the current models; Izu's statement on Humagear crimes is a pretty direct reference to Asimov's Laws of Robotics; the rogue Humagear casually hacks a motorbike to activate it. A lot of stylistic elements concerning Aruto and Fuwa's conflict, while I feel itt could have used a bit more nuance, also helped--Aruto and Fuwa's simultaneous transformations alongside indicating their vastly different motivations, set up a pretty deliberate foil, and Fuwa pinning the rogue Humagear down before destroying it seems almost sadistic in contrast to Aruto's (maybe?) rebuilding Mamoru.

This certainly wasn't a perfect episode--Zero-One sticking around the container yard until nightfall seems unlikely, the beginning was packed with a rather forced recap, and the ending sequence felt both too early and a bit too neat of a resolution to Hiden's corporate image IMO--but it was a fun one; the bike action was well done, the character contrasts worked, and heck, even the end fight's setting felt original. There's a fair amount of style and of substance in play; I'm definitely looking forward to how the series progresses from there!
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 pm LOL. Come on guys, we know it's supposed to be bad, you're not explaining anything people don't understand.

It's still annoying, and it's not that funny a bit.
One suspects it's an attempt to play to the Internet's cringe trend of being funny because it isn't funny (of course, ones mileage may vary on that trend itself).
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

*hard concern face* ... I still enjoy the show, good second episode, believable conflicts arising outside of AIMS thinking that our boy who has just taken over as a result of a sealed will just read yesterday but they have the same family name so not impossible to assume he's in on the secrets... What, makes me, concerned... is my thoughts on Fuwa...

While I do not have money TO put it down on a bet, I do feel confident enough, to say that I would put money on his memories of the incident are not real. Either they were modified to make him firmly anti Humagear, or something much, much more twisted. Hence setting up the difficulty of him opening his henshin key as 'the start' of it... and I am not sure how I would feel if I turn out to be right.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

Is this going to turn into Battlestar Galacitica and we aren't going to know who is human and who isn't?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They never say his name, but the delivery guy Humagear is named Okureru which means "to deliver"
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... hne_Magear
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 am They never say his name, but the delivery guy Humagear is named Okureru which means "to deliver"
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... hne_Magear
I think it's more likely to be 遅れる which means "to be late" XD
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

"To be late" as in The to be late Humagear... it's a sort of threat, I am told... never been good at them myself.

(is a reference)
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kogashi wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 am "To be late" as in The to be late Humagear... it's a sort of threat, I am told... never been good at them myself.

(is a reference)
Do you design fjords?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The AIMS Shotriser is interesting because its the first rider gun with one sided detailing to be facing the right, because of the buckle attachment thing.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

This is a nice start and chance of pace from the recent kamen rider series. The weekly bad guys can now henshin and we got a secondary rider just on episode 2? Well looks like this is going to be more like a super sentai than the traditional kamen rider and hopefully we will get a good female rider with enough screen time on this show.

The "Raging Demon" style that they use after each finishing move looks very cool and its something that we have saw somewhere else but not here yet.

5/5 episode and a good start for sure.
Final Vent!

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”