Japan’s Population Problem Is Straining Its Economy. The World Is Watching for a Solution

Language, food, entertainment, we like it all
Forum rules
Wiki Link
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Japan’s Population Problem Is Straining Its Economy. The World Is Watching for a Solution

Post by TorchWood »

From Bloomberg:

When it comes to Japan’s economy, there’s actually two of them.

In Japan A, an urban-industrial corridor stretching about 300 miles from Tokyo through Osaka, you’ll find cutting-edge businesses and world-class wealth. In Japan B, which is just about everywhere else, small cities and towns are dying as people move to Japan A in search of opportunity.

While other major developed economies are headed down a similar path, Japan has a head start on them when it comes to aging and depopulation, making it a cautionary tale for policy makers across the globe.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Japan’s Population Problem Is Straining Its Economy. The World Is Watching for a Solution

Post by takenoko »

Move out of the way for the young people, old people
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Japan’s Population Problem Is Straining Its Economy. The World Is Watching for a Solution

Post by Catastrophe »

This is going to be a problem in most first world countries in the coming decades as medical advances allow people to live through more chronic conditions.

I feel like Japan had a jumpstart on this issue due to the fact that their diets and nutrition appear to have been better for a while.

Return to “Japanese Culture Appreciation”