KR Zero-One 04 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
61%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 36
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 04 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.54 / 5 (37 votes)

Alt Title: Let's investigate that nuclear explosion site!

WTF Vulcan. I know you're philosophically opposed to everyone, but it seems like a jerk thing to push your partner out of the way in battle. Learn to be a team player.

Aruto, your vice president is clearly your evil vizier. Fire that guy before he causes trouble

A pity Zero-One's jump ability isn't enough to reach a flying enemy. Huh. The new form doesn't appear to have wings or a means of propulsion. How is he flying?

In the previous thread, someone mentioned people possibly abusing Humagears. Seeing the two lady Humagears standing submissively in the background, it really kind of made me feel uncomfortable. Like this is already sort of what backwards Japanese guys want from actual women...

Anna is played by the lovely Ohkubo Satomi, who was Sailor Moon if you're a fan of the new musicals.

I don't believe for a second those kids would apologize. Those assholes would have found any reason to bully a weaker kid.

Sooo, what's going on with our side characters. Fuwa is a hot headed idiot, but frustratingly he's right about a bunch of stuff too. But he acts like such an asshole that I sort of don't want to cheer for him. Yaiba is up to something. You can almost sense that she's manipulating him.

Man, what if Fuwa was the Humagear. It'd make so much sense to do writingwise, since he hates them so much.

Once again Takahashi Yuya hit it out of the park. Like he's nailing the story and the human drama in ways that was hinted in Ex-Aid, but got fucked over by the tone mishmash and basically ridiculous premise. Having it grounded by a Black Mirror scenario works. I'm just sad that they killed off Anna. Her acting when she's going berserk is great, but I'd be glad to see less of the noble woman who sacrifices herself for the cause trope in Japanese media.

5/5

Everyone, pay attention to the Anna berserk scene. Davinci copied the frame numbers in to get it to match with the video. Pretty dedicated!

How weird must it be for the people living in the world of Zero-One. If a shady organization like Humagear kept going "all these manufacturing errors were caused by cyberterrorists that leave no evidence of their existence, it's not our fault!" would you believe them?

I knew Aruto was a Humagear. He’s gone berserk!
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 04 released

Post by Xirix »

Another solid episode, I kinda hope it keeps going like this or subpar episodes are going to really stand out. I really like the bad guy Kamen Rider suit, I wonder if the psychopath he works with will get one too.

Also yeah, the typesetting in that scene was really nice, the small shake in the text when the MetsubouJinrai.net video was playing, and the colour shifting when Anna was glitching out, love little touches like that.

I kinda wonder what Fuwa hates more, Humagears, or that he finds Aruto's jokes funny.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Calling it, all 3 main riders are humagears, that would explain Aurto's shitty comedy, fuwa's stubborn personality (and actual solid logic) and Yua's beauty mark.

I refuse to believe this series keeps the good quality, Ive been backstabbed before, I used to defend ghost.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Good to see that the translation is stabilizing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Doublesteel wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 pm I refuse to believe this series keeps the good quality, Ive been backstabbed before, I used to defend ghost.
Yeah? How far in did you get before you turned on that, just out of curiosity?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:37 pm
Doublesteel wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 pm I refuse to believe this series keeps the good quality, Ive been backstabbed before, I used to defend ghost.
Yeah? How far in did you get before you turned on that, just out of curiosity?
I wonder too. Ghost already gave the impression of becoming a disaster during the first five episodes and I'm sometimes surprise that there are some who take it long realize that.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

haven't finished watching it yet, just came in cuz I was "it's early, but lemme see if Ryuusoulger is up..."

"holy fuck the training wheels are off!"

TBE later with my thoughts
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

So much for "Keep your identity a secret". That didn't last long.

I wouldn't trust a rubber dinghy in such a destroyed place, it might snag on an steel rod or something!

How convinient that kid decided to sob right next to a microSD card...

Is Anna the first one whose name has no correlation to their occupation? Or am I missing something?

Isamu is seriously going to hurt himself one day with the progrise keys... and not laughing at Aruto's jokes.

Not enough Rushing Cheetah in this one. Disappointing.

5/5 Combo 4x. Let's keep this going.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

Hopefully in the succeeding episodes they will explain further how they create back ups for the destroyed HumaGears. My guess is that all of it are uploaded to Satellite Zea.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

CheetahLynx wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:13 pmIs Anna the first one whose name has no correlation to their occupation? Or am I missing something?
Citing off TVTropes, she's named after the word "Annai", which is "to guide" in Japanese.

Good on the show to explain the details of Daybreak this early, its powder keg setup and why Fukuzoe’s not saying anything about it. At the very least, someone tried to stop the outbreak, but that doesn’t convince Fuwa.

The main riders breaking the rules. I want to see more! Good that there’s brand new footage for Flying Falcon’s debut.

Nice looking suit and driver there, Horobi. Nice to see Takaiwa doing work again.

I hope Fuwa can sniff on what Yaiba’s planning for him. Sorry for phrasing but not unlocking the Kong Progrise Key for him is still a hint.

Anna holding off the infection for a few seconds & doing its job should’ve inspired you to start working on the patch, President.

So, what is “the Ark”?

Great episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Is Anna the first one whose name has no correlation to their occupation? Or am I missing something?

Looks like the site is still partially down, but I keep stuff like that updated on our wiki. And yeah, Anna is from Anai/To guide.

There's also a secondary pun in the title where it's "anna shinjitsu" or "a certain truth". So that might be why it's a little different than just straight up Anai.
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... _04#Trivia
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

By the way. The kid (Sakurai Gou) that Aruto and Fuwa helped was potrayed by Yamada Hinata who previously potrayed Tenkuji Takeru as a child. I know it was him when I watched this episode.

It's such a shame that we can't even see Flying Falcon's finishing attack. FLYING IMPACT!!!

And finally we can watch Fuwa opened up to Aruto even if he still hiding the fact that Aruto's lame joke was amusing for him. :lol:
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

It just episode 4 and im crying..but I don't want to put high expectation in this series it might flop later. However, so far I love everything in this series, the characters & storyline. Hopefully, it will stay good till the end. This is exactly what I want in kamen rider, good design & good story, no excessive jokes. But Den-o is acceptable as the jokes were really funny
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 am < Previous
Wiki
Next >

A pity Zero-One's jump ability isn't enough to reach a flying enemy. Huh. The new form doesn't appear to have wings or a means of propulsion. How is he flying?
I think, this will answer your question

Falcon Shoulder (ファルコンレッグ Farukon Shorudā) - The shoulders. In contains a built-in Wing Fairencer (ウィングファイレンサー Wingu Fairensā) energy generator. The front wing deploys an energy interference field around it to generate thrust and lift necessary for flight. The highest speed is Mach 2, and by changing the shape of the interference field, it can respond flexibly to airflow and behavior in the air. This results in protective shoulder armor that increases combat prowess through the replication falcon abilities
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I need to take my proud stance as someone who considers Ghost to be alright. Anyhow this episode was another hit out of the park for me, I liked basically everything in it, and any problems I have are easily glazed over. Lots of neat developments and a bunch more answers alongside new questions.

I don't expect us to see the little kid again, but I really liked his self-contained arc in this episode. That scene where he watches his father sacrifice had some real impact for someone who's only on screen for a minute or two.

I know some might think what was the point of ever setting up a 'secret identity' for Aruto if he was going to reveal himself this soon, but I liked the scene a lot as an example of him doubling down on his promise to not be a shady or secretive President.

Flying Falcon is neat, and I thought the CGI for it's flying battle was really good. Punching Kong is less flashy of a debut, but the scene surrounding it was more dramatic in exchange. It looks really silly when it's holding the gun with those giant gauntlets, but I really like the rocket fist finisher.

I can't be the only one who thinks our evil rider here looks just like Shinobi, right? Regardless, I look forward to when he eventually clashes directly with the heroes.

Also I keep seeing people have theories about any of the explicitly human characters turning out to be humagears. Honestly, I'd really hate it if they do that kind of twist but I'm going to try to keep an open mind about anything.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”