KR Zero-One 04 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
61%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 36
Doublesteel
Infinity

Re: KR Zero-One 04 released

Post by Doublesteel »

Marzarret wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Yeah? How far in did you get before you turned on that, just out of curiosity?
I wonder too. Ghost already gave the impression of becoming a disaster during the first five episodes and I'm sometimes surprise that there are some who take it long realize that.
It started at around episode 5, the clusterfuck that ensued with their souls being in eyecons and stuff, was just too much, first time I had thought "welp, this is dumb"

Edit: by their I mean some dude in blue and his sister, Im trying to be vague so the ppl who havent watched atleast dont get spoilers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:22 am Falcon Shoulder (ファルコンレッグ Farukon Shorudā) - The shoulders. In contains a built-in Wing Fairencer (ウィングファイレンサー Wingu Fairensā) energy generator. The front wing deploys an energy interference field around it to generate thrust and lift necessary for flight.
Got it. He flies using magic energy.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 amI'd be glad to see less of the noble woman who sacrifices herself for the cause trope in Japanese media.
Didn't a man sacrifice himself for the cause in the same episode? An actual flesh and blood one at that.

Anyway I consider this an ok episode. The whole "your dad caused the whole thing" arc just made me cringe. There's a limit to how many contrived coincidences I can handle. The "bullying" didn't feel genuine either. The kid himself as well.

3/5

Not that lesser episodes aren't allowed to exist.

I don't share the skepticism that some people here have about the show as a whole though. With all the skepticism going around you'd think there has never been a good rider show before.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 am Man, what if Fuwa was the Humagear. It'd make so much sense to do writingwise, since he hates them so much.
See that's what I've been thinking. Either he's a humagear who has had false human memories put into him to turn a humagear into the ultimate anti-humagear weapon, or he is human but has had false memories of what happened at Daybreak, since it doesn't feel like it matches up with the other information we have. Course, I also think our hero might be a Humagear with implanted memory so if there's half a chance either of them is a humagear there's all of a 25% chance both of them are... might explain his bad gag game and Fuwa's enjoyment of the same.

Also, Fuwa... we just established that the humagears rampaging was caused by an outside group, and not that they are just naturally built as weapons. I would assume this could have ended up potentially self pointed robot racism, not strengthen it. Dude just, unclench for a weekend or something.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kogashi wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:30 am Dude just, unclench for a weekend or something.
I lol'd

Here's what really caught my notice this episode. They mention around the beginning that the explosion is several nuclear reactors setting each other off in succession. Then later they mention the central control is in Humagear Manufacturing Factory 1. The Japanese here is ヒューマギア第一製造工場 (Humagear Daiichi Seizou Koujou), which bears an awful lot of resemblance to Fukushima Daiichi. Daiichi just means number one, so it's by no means an uncommon name, but specifically mentioning nuclear reactors and then calling the factory Daiichi seems like some sort of commentary. I could be overthinking this, but it's what my brain leaped to when I heard it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Didn't a man sacrifice himself for the cause in the same episode? An actual flesh and blood one at that.

I guess it feels different since she has a lot less agency and had a lot more senseless death?

Hmm, if it's a commentary on Fukushima, what would it be? I don't see any obvious connection
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

takenoko wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:04 am
Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:22 am Falcon Shoulder (ファルコンレッグ Farukon Shorudā) - The shoulders. In contains a built-in Wing Fairencer (ウィングファイレンサー Wingu Fairensā) energy generator. The front wing deploys an energy interference field around it to generate thrust and lift necessary for flight.
Got it. He flies using magic energy.
Its a TV show, he flies with wires, green screen and digital effects :P
takenoko wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:18 am >Didn't a man sacrifice himself for the cause in the same episode? An actual flesh and blood one at that.

I guess it feels different since she has a lot less agency and had a lot more senseless death?

Hmm, if it's a commentary on Fukushima, what would it be? I don't see any obvious connection
Whats the commentary to be? that japan covered up the truth of whatever happened in fukushima? that it was robot cyber terrorist and not a bunch of accidents and faulty safeguards + bad luck?

The only connection is that they both have the Daiichi name and that they both whent boom boom.

Lastly I leave you this, the room where Izu 3D prints the power up of the week, is already known to be the room where Sento Kiryuu would purify bottles. But it also has the same dimensions as the basement (with ladder included) of the shrine some dude herp and derped around with ghosts.

Also I would also be a wound up dill pickle if someone kept the children safe on all my transform trinkets, even when I already broke into one and have used it on a regular basis.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Man the writers love giving Fuwa all the struggles huh? Dude looks like he’s about to have a stroke opening his Progrise keys and also looks like he’s in actual physical pain trying not laugh at Aruto’s jokes huh?
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I frankly will not be shocked if Aruto, if not others, are proven to be humagears. NO ONE has touched on the fact that his "Father" IS A FUCKING HUMAGEAR. so unless grandpa "Vic Stone"'d his kid into Cyborg, somebody got some splainin' to do.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Ah, good, finally an episode I am comfortable showing my friends from start to finish. It's mostly the Aruto joke,s which are intentionally unfunny, which shy me away from doing it before this, but this episode isn't too heavy on them. Plus interesting plot!

I don't think Aruto's a Humagear, nor any of the other Riders. His "dad" was, yeah, but I think that was some odd sop from CEO Gramps for this young boy. Maybe his real dad died and Hiden had a replicant made to take care of him; Aruto really cares for Humagear as being a type of person, which would be explained by being raised by one. I wonder also if it might turn out that Aruto is either Gramps' son, a clone of him, or just some random kid adopted into the family so the old man could have an heir. Really looking forward to seeing how these plot threads progress. I'm really surprised they blew the secret identity thing to our angry boi so quickly, but maybe they realized how restrictive it would be to constantly be dodging around it when they established AIMS already knew Aruto was Zero-One last week.

Flying Falcon 01 is ugly as hell, and I love it. What an atrocious colour combination!
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

The series is going well, the focus of the series is the robots deployment into several trade areas, these machines have Artificial Intelligence, capable of surpass humans and therefore make them redundant.
Sound far fetching in real life, in a not so distant future robots gradually will be deployed in industrial factories to save money and reduce human workforce.
I enjoy this series!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Your human pass away? No worries! Come down to Hiden Corps and buy a Humagear to replace your lost human.

Humagears, they look just like people!
ShepardRahl
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Yoshizawa Hitomi
Favorite Actor?: Dwayne Johnson
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Rider Belts
Quote: I will tell you something about anything...if not everything.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ShepardRahl »

I'm starting to really like this series. It's been a while since I got tunnel vision from a rider show.

There are a few things I can do without though. Aruto's annoying jokes are annoying. I hate the neon yellow on 0-1. It's ugly and way too loud.

Sigh. Episode 4 and 0-1 already has a third form. I miss the days when the riders didn't have 20 forms by episode 25. Three is enough, like in Kuuga or Kabuto. A new form should be something akin to an event within the show. I know these shows are just meant to sell toys, but I think they might be starting to push it a little.

Either way I'm really enjoying the show so far.
I will tell you something about anything...if not everything!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

In the past there have been rider shows where the rider has different forms for different purposes that are introduced relatively early in the show. I mean they might go for 20... Or they might stop at 4-5 (not counting the actual upgrade forms).
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

takenoko wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:01 pm Your human pass away? No worries! Come down to Hiden Corps and buy a Humagear to replace your lost human.

Humagears, they look just like people!
You joke, but if we're being honest there's plenty of people who would, in their grief, get a replicant of a loved one. I think it would be a bad idea, personally, because it would hinder people from moving on. Even if they weren't conscious of it, people who long for someone they cared for might purchase a Humagear which resembles that person and wind up putting all their emotional needs onto something which cannot really return it, thereby stunting their own growth.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”