KR Zero-One 06 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆☆
34%
☆☆☆
3%
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 29
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.16 / 5 (25 votes)

Alt Title: Voice acting

Hmmm, better than the last episode, but kind of wish they explored more of the world building regarding rules for the Humagears. Like why is it illegal to have an AI copy of your daughter that looks like the daughter, but it's okay for her to be a weird Alexa?

I get why Humagear physical appearances would be heavily regulated to make sure they don't replace people. But why is it against the law even if the person is dead, especially if a family member gives permission? Like I'm sure the relatives of Marilyn Monroe have control over how her appearance is portrayed, right?

And why does Aruto get a Humagear dad? I get he's probably rich so he's above the law, but it'd take like one line to explain this.

On a more happy note, love the designs. Hornet looks great. Jin's form is even better than Aruto's version.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: KR Zero-One 06 released

Post by Arigomi »

I was expecting the Falcon Key to have tougher security to prevent unauthorized use. MetsubouJinrai doesn't seem to have any trouble hacking it. Hopefully, this revelation will lead to a security upgrade for both the Driver and remaining Progrise Keys.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

OK its the 6 episode. The magear changes any humagear into henchman when they show up, but has anyone notice that Izu is right there and has never been targeted by the magear?!? What is up with that?
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

So I previously voiced my dislike on how the announcer says "Bullet", at least before the transformation. (He says Bullet correctly in the little english bit after transformation, which just makes it more annoying), but after this episode... I can kinda forgive, because the way that "Thunder" is said sounds like 90's era Jim Carrey, and that's just bloody amazing.

I like that Aruto's robot father was explained, I fully expect him to not actually be dead though and turn up later.

Also yay, the second Aruto gag I've gotten, I know it's just simple cause it's ai as in love, but yay me.

On that note, will explanations of the gags be added to the wiki at some point? I'm kinda interested in what the others ones actually comprised of.
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

Ghost23 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:44 pm OK its the 6 episode. The magear changes any humagear into henchman when they show up, but has anyone notice that Izu is right there and has never been targeted by the magear?!? What is up with that?
Ahh...don't worry about that. You'll see it sometime mid-season I'm sure lol
She's too precious to be wasted on an ordinary episode (Izu has the early plot armor)

I'm calling it now. She will be the Magear in the episode where Zero-One will use his mid-season or final power up form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Xirix wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 am On that note, will explanations of the gags be added to the wiki at some point? I'm kinda interested in what the others ones actually comprised of.
I think I've explained some, but I can try to be more comprehensive with that in the future
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm Like why is it illegal to have an AI copy of your daughter that looks like the daughter, but it's okay for her to be a weird Alexa?
At this episode's closing segment, Aruto's line really terrified me: "People can't go on without emotional support. AI can provide that."

That line and with how the example is depicted through the case in this episode makes me realize this Japanese kids show is enabling people to have a quite unhealthy way to coping with loss/moving forward.

To be fair, though, people over there are already marrying Hatsune Miku in a glass tube, so, yeah...
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm And why does Aruto get a Humagear dad? I get he's probably rich so he's above the law, but it'd take like one line to explain this.
Could be perhaps that robodaddy was legal back then and after daybreak-gate they had to make robocopying illegal?
Ghost23 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:44 pm OK its the 6 episode. The magear changes any humagear into henchman when they show up, but has anyone notice that Izu is right there and has never been targeted by the magear?!? What is up with that?
Plot Armor is tough is light and is impervious to logic (its also partially hypoallergenic)
Xirix wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 am On that note, will explanations of the gags be added to the wiki at some point? I'm kinda interested in what the others ones actually comprised of.
Ive seen most of the jokes actualy explained on the funny section of tvtropes article for this series.

Now that my observations are done, this episode officially puts it on the on probation status for me, might be a fluke OR the series is just preparing to back stab me again.

Also I noticed that on the previous episode it was subtly explained that humagear skillset programming can be just outright installed instead of using "learning/training", the question would be how can they make skillset "plugins"? one would doubt it can be theorycrafted, so it would stand to reason to copy+paste from a human that has that skill, but then how come they havent stumbled into sentience? its paradoxically both soooo advanced it can take the skill part of the brain but soooo primitive that it doesnt copy atleast part of the "humanity" of the donor?

Damn show about a glowstick superhero is making me think at 2:00am
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

They did explicitly state that ony humagears resembling humans without the permission of that human is against that law. No reason to assume that Aruto's father falls under that, since it could have easily been given consent by said human, or it could be his father (the humagear) doesn't actually look like anyone in particular.

And I don't know about you, but if I passed away, I wouldn't want someone intentionally making a robot with my face without my say-so from a will or something. I think such a law would especially be relevant when it comes to celebrities.

Anyway, this episode was pretty good. My main gripe is that the plot with the man and his deceased daughter feels like it ended without really being resolved? It's like it existed solely to draw a parallel to Jin and Aruto, which is fine but it was still odd. We're meant to just assume that he meant what he said about how he only needed a bit more time with the humagear before he moved on, but if he was willing to make a robot copy of his daughter in the first place and even program said robot to say things his daughter did, I feel like his issues probably run a bit deeper than just needing more time...

Speaking of Jin, I thought Jin reminded me of Paradox, but he's actually Chaser! That said, I'm even more curious about what is going on through Horobi's head and why he's doing the things he is.

Kamen Rider Jin is quite the strange-looking fellow. Whereas Vulcan and Valkyrie are these sleek and hi-tech suits, Jin (and what we saw of Horobi in episode 4) purposefully look like they're made of more shoddy and haphazard material, which makes for a interesting look. I won't blame anyone for thinking it literally looks cheap though. I also really like Jin's falcon-shaped face and his wings.

Lightning Hornet is extremely cool, from top to bottom. I think it might beat out TheBee for stylish yellow bug-theme riders for me, mostly thanks to those digital-ish wings and the stinger-kick finisher which bring it over the top in terms of stylishness.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Is Zero One a hazing season for the new suit actor? Kamen Rider Jin is played by Eitoku the man who played every single Neo Heisei secondary rider and Kamen Rider Horobi is played by Mr. Kamen Rider Seiji Takaiwa
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Yeah, at this point I can probably say it, Zero-One's One-Off plots have the same problem as Ex-Aid's did, they are just not memorable enough, or at least they aren't memorable enough for a one-episode story. If a season has good One-Offs I'll remember them long after I'm done with that series, but I doubt I will remember more than like two at max when we are at the halfway point. I'd like to be entertained every week and not just by small story advancements, that just doesn't engage me than a short, one and done story that gets brought up and resolved in a far shorter time. Not that Zero-One is bad, it's just not as entertaining from episode to episode.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:38 am

Speaking of Jin, I thought Jin reminded me of Paradox, but he's actually Chaser! That said, I'm even more curious about what is going on through Horobi's head and why he's doing the things he is.

Kamen Rider Jin is quite the strange-looking fellow. Whereas Vulcan and Valkyrie are these sleek and hi-tech suits, Jin (and what we saw of Horobi in episode 4) purposefully look like they're made of more shoddy and haphazard material, which makes for a interesting look. I won't blame anyone for thinking it literally looks cheap though. I also really like Jin's falcon-shaped face and his wings.
Vulcan and Valkyrie are using the Progrise Key's correctly. Or semi correctly in Vulcan's case. Jin and Horobi are basically hacking them. Their designs reflect that. At least that's how I see it.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This certainly wasn't bad; I didn't like it as much as I did the first four episodes, but we still had some human drama. I'm glad they revealed Jin to be a HumaGear this episode, because the foreshadowing seemed pretty heavy this time around. I'm glad we're getting a handle on how things like privacy laws are coming into play, although this combined with a couple of prior episodes make me feel like they're working from an AI-dilemma checklist?

For what felt like a relatively weak concept, I liked the execution; Jin's almost-redemption was pretty well done, and the guest actress did a really great job at making it evident that the HumaGear isn't actually feeling the emotions the real-life daughter would feel, particularly after Kanazawa rebooted her (which makes the end of the episode rather odd after emphasizing that she isn't a true replacement, but that's more of an issue in the writing department).

Also, was the forest from 6 minutes in here the same forest that they filmed a bunch of Gaim in? The area feels really familiar.
kevinlafriday wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:55 am "People can't go on without emotional support. AI can provide that." That line and with how the example is depicted through the case in this episode makes me realize this Japanese kids show is enabling people to have a quite unhealthy way to coping with loss/moving forward.

To be fair, though, people over there are already marrying Hatsune Miku in a glass tube, so, yeah...
I also found that pretty problematic. I'm wondering if the show'll tackle the AI partner/stepford wife issue, because that seems like kind of thing the show was made to discuss.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

So Jin is a humagear. I don't know why but the revelation didn't really spark a reaction in me.

Lightning Hornet is indeed pretty cool.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm And why does Aruto get a Humagear dad? I get he's probably rich so he's above the law, but it'd take like one line to explain this.
According to Isamu: "Creation or use of an AI-equipped humanoid robot resembling a real person requires that person's permission"
Aruto didn't say the humagear that took care of him resembled his father, he just said it took his place.

4/5 Entertaining but nothing special.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Maybe as a weird plot twist Aruto is a Humagear 2.0 and Izu is a human special agent, highly trained to be able to imitate a humagear 1.0? There is something about Izu's cheekiness when she tsukkomi's Aruto that makes me think that she is not a humagear.

Or, Izu is a Humagear 1.5, specially made by Aruto's grandfather with a special cloaking feature that makes magears not recognize that she is a humageer even though she stands with the humagear hand position and has humagear ears.

Edit 1: This shouldn't bother me since this is essentially a magical boy show, however I think that it is a mistake to make normal humagears to be able to henshin into magear mooks just by being touched by a magear. I think it would be scarier if their eyes just glowed a different color and their motor functions were impaired. After all, their hardware hadn't been corrupted by Rin so at most it was their software that got hacked. Of course, it would be disturbing to see the riders casually off magear mooks that look human, but in a show that is exploring the boundary line between man and machine, maybe being disturbed would be the point?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”