KR Zero-One 07 released!

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 21
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

KR Zero-One 07 released!

Post by Lunagel »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.48 / 5 (29 votes)

Alt Title: Welcome to the Space Jam

Kobe Bryant should sue...

So this is the first time they've actually mentioned to the heroes about the Humagears having sentience (thank you captain exposition Jin) and it's looking like this will be a major point of the series. Never too early to teach the kids about the Turing test!

But uh, yeah, keeping kids an hour past the end of practice and throwing hugely powerful/fast passes at them? I'm with the jerky teacher on this one.

No Aruto gags this episode. How quickly the silly plots fall...
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: KR Zero-One 07 released!

Post by Slowking »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 am But uh, yeah, keeping kids an hour past the end of practice and throwing hugely powerful/fast passes at them? I'm with the jerky teacher on this one.
And I would not want to deal with those mums at all!
Behold the Emperor!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Loved the basketball quotes. I enjoy it when a writer actually puts some thought (and heart) into the episode.

The big point this episode is obviously whatever Yua is up to regarding her agenda with Aruto.

I do hope that there is a bit of a shake up with the episode format at some stage soon. These cases of the week where AIMS just shows up to be kind of antagonistic aren't the good ones, but its been a better first quarter than most so far.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Aruto finally realizes that the humanoids can dream of electric sheep while Yua continues being a manipulative witch. Start sniffing, Fuwa-san.

If Dodosassin wants to blend in well with society, he should play Hitman.

Nice episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This one was just weird. I want to know who else makes the keys because Aruto's always have the satellite uplink because of his corporate standing. Every time a problem comes up, Izu just makes a new key in a secure facility, so the other keys used by AIMS is a problem because someone could make a Trojan Horse and we have the first Rider to die of the new Era

Using a random key from a woman who cares so little for others is bad and ironic considering her name. Another ironic bit comes from the fact she said that every tool has its use because calling a person a tool is bad and everyone in AIMS is meant to follow orders. Personally, I don't like Yua and hope that her actions come back to haunt her...possibly in a fatal manner.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I'm sure the inevitable confrontation between Yua and Isamu will be spicy when he finds out she's been doing all this shady shit.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I don't know about anyone else, but I really got into the basketball story this episode. A good old-fashioned story about a robot gym teacher trying to make these kid's dream of winning the big game come true. I really appreciate how it ends not with the kids winning, but with Kobe passionately telling them they're still improving.

And that all led to what I thought was a genuinely compelling moment where Kobe achieves sentience on the spot and exclaims how much he deeply wants to help those kids. It's been seven weeks and this show still manages to destroy me each time it kills off it's focused humagear. I don't know if I can keep taking it!

Anyway, everything else was alright. I'm going to hold off until we see the fruits of Yaiba's actions before I comment on it. Appropriately enough, she's reminding me a lot of both Snipe and Lazer, what with her going off and doing her own thing against the villains. I just really hope she doesn't meet the same fate that Lazer did... We also get to see Kamen Rider Jin in a more 'natural' state and he's a pretty fun bad guy so far.

What the heck was going on with that music when Dodo jumped into the fight? I found it so distractingly obnoxious. Zero One, never play that track again, please. That aside, I like Freezing Bear a lot. The aesthetic of the yellow pieces being frozen over is a really cool touch, and that finisher felt heavy and powerful.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I like, that people are finally going 'oh hey, one of those cards we use to henshin. Bet we can fix this and use it ourselves!' just 7 episodes in... Of course it's the shady one that honestly has as troubling attitudes towards Humagears under the surface that the out and loud 'murder them all!' man. *shudder*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

For me, it's just a normal episode this week. Nothing's fell new to me. But the Freezing Bear transformation part was hillarious to me LOL. The polar bear just hug him.

By the way: Found some mistake at 23:08. It should be "Tools are meant to be used" thats what I heard Yua said. She said "dougu" which means "tools". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastly, People in Malaysia and East Asia can now watch Kamen Rider Zi-O Over:Quartzer tomorrow at TGV Cinema. Rejoice!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Wow. We knew Yua was up to some shady shit, but running a black ops program that's kidnapping Humagear is deeper than I was expecting. It's obviously not going to end well, but man oh man, it's really not going to end well.:o

But first, machine sentience! The show is continuing to move at a steady pace on its big plot threads, and I love it for doing so. Important things aren't getting dragged out over endless months; they're being addressed in a timely manner. And while it's kind of convenient just to have Jin explaining this stuff (that boy clearly can't be trusted with a secret), I'm eager to see what's going to happen now that everyone is aware that Humagear can achieve sentience.

All that setup also made Kobe's eventual fate a bigger gut punch, too. Which is an odd thing to compliment, but it's good story telling. We finally get a Humagear that goes sentient in front of Aruto, and then he gets hijacked anyhow.:( I expect the show is going to drag this out just a bit more and not let us see the full repercussions of a sentient bot quite yet, so Aruto is going to lose a few more friends before all is said and done. Credit to the writers here for making the Humagear such sympathetic characters, even though they've all been one-off appearances.

It is a bit weird that they called Kobe "hot-blooded" though. Overzealous, yes. But what he was doing doesn't really fit the usual KR depictions of hot blooded characters. (They tend to be closer to Isamu)

Also, the gag of the week award goes to Vulcan stealing Zero-One's blade. That it was so nonchalant was perfect. :lol: I just wish Aruto's response wasn't quite so over the top.
BreadToku wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:50 pm I don't know about anyone else, but I really got into the basketball story this episode. A good old-fashioned story about a robot gym teacher trying to make these kid's dream of winning the big game come true. I really appreciate how it ends not with the kids winning, but with Kobe passionately telling them they're still improving.
Agreed. Even though the A-plot wasn't focused on the heroes themselves, the writers did a great job making it interesting to watch, and tying it in to the series arcing plot threads. (Though with a good coach like that and a dedicated team, I'm not sure how they didn't manage a win)
Hoshinger wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm This one was just weird. I want to know who else makes the keys because Aruto's always have the satellite uplink because of his corporate standing. Every time a problem comes up, Izu just makes a new key in a secure facility, so the other keys used by AIMS is a problem because someone could make a Trojan Horse and we have the first Rider to die of the new Era
That scene surprised me a bit, precisely because I thought it was going to go that direction. Given everything else Yua did in this episode, slipping Aruto a digital mickey doesn't seem like it would be beyond her skills or moral code.
Lunagel wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 am Kobe Bryant should sue...
Don't give him any ideas. He's proven to be the kind of guy who would actually do it. :shock:
Frontpage wrote:Poppy? Or Izu? In your opinion, which heroine is better?
IMO, it's about 40 episodes too early to make that determination. Poppy is a character who has been through a full character arc, whereas Izu's is just starting. At a minimum, Izu needs a focus episode or two so that we can get a better idea of the depths of her character. Right now Izu hasn't done a whole heck of a lot, and she probably won't until we get out of the Q1 toy rush.

That said, I do appreciate that Izu isn't an over-the-top genki girl 50% of the time. It gave Poppy a distinct quality, but sometimes they laid it on too thick, to the point that it was distracting.

(Also that front page image is as cute AF)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Poppy had a character?

Man, I'm late to the party, but I just got back to the states today!

Good episode. The discussion of sentience really does highlight how doubly tragic everything HorobiJinrai.net is doing though. It also highlights how super weird it is when they replace the sentient robots with blank slate versions of themselves. It'd be like me dying and then someone replacing me with a robot that looks like me, but doesn't know anything. Like all the individual personality and intelligence is gone, essentially they're destroying living beings at that point.

To highlight Yaiba's shadiness, look at the AIMs logo on the back of her phone. It's a freaking death's head ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf ). Also related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Edit:
The only real downside to this episode is the Mammoth Magear design is pretty boring
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 am Poppy had a character?

Man, I'm late to the party, but I just got back to the states today!

Good episode. The discussion of sentience really does highlight how doubly tragic everything HorobiJinrai.net is doing though. It also highlights how super weird it is when they replace the sentient robots with blank slate versions of themselves. It'd be like me dying and then someone replacing me with a robot that looks like me, but doesn't know anything. Like all the individual personality and intelligence is gone, essentially they're destroying living beings at that point.

To highlight Yaiba's shadiness, look at the AIMs logo on the back of her phone. It's a freaking death's head ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf ). Also related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Edit:
The only real downside to this episode is the Mammoth Magear design is pretty boring
I didn't catch that on her phone before you mentioned it. I still haven't figured if she is shady as it is implied or if she has some other not so bad ulterior motive.

I wonder why freezing bear key actually gets the signal from the satellite, like the other Zero One keys do. Does Yaiba have access to it somehow? If she is bad then could she even hack it?
Hoshinger wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm Using a random key from a woman who cares so little for others is bad and ironic considering her name. Another ironic bit comes from the fact she said that every tool has its use because calling a person a tool is bad and everyone in AIMS is meant to follow orders. Personally, I don't like Yua and hope that her actions come back to haunt her...possibly in a fatal manner.

And even more ironically, that key is the ice cold key.

Love the pun of "Attention Freeze" sounding like "Attention Please".
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Aren't the animals only formed by the satellite aka for zero-one?

The theming is pretty smart. The hot-blooded PE teacher is a mammoth who's weak against cold, AKA the ice age which killed off the mammoths. It's simple, but details are good.
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

You know what? I love this Yua character. Watching all these rider series, I always wondered why the protagonists never bothered to do something to enemy's tech. And this is even more special since Yua is part of AIMS, which is the "police" of the series.

I like it when a character is at least realistic and strategic.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 am To highlight Yaiba's shadiness, look at the AIMs logo on the back of her phone. It's a freaking death's head ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf ). Also related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
funny you mention that, because in a few other places where I follow Kamen Rider discussions, people were pointing out weeks ago that MetsubouJinrai's kanji contain Horobi and Jin's names, but also the kanji for Death and Lightning.... which are the two elements of the A.I.M.S. logo.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”