KR Zero-One 09 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:50 am

☆☆☆☆☆
77%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 26
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 09 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.6 / 5 (20 votes)

Alt Title:

Someone asked last week when Zero-One takes place. According to Dr. Omigoto's data on Fuwa:
His birthday is N.E. Feb 8, 1992 (what is NE?)
Date of medical scan: Oct 21, 2019
Height: CM 177 CM
Weight: 65KG
A blood type
No medical history

Maybe N.E. stands for new era?

Ha, love Aruto calling out Yaiba getting emotional. Oh she's back in her sling.

I love that their version of the Windows bootup is a wav of some guy saying take off toward the dream

Hahaha, no one moved Fuwa's stretcher in the time Omigoto was down. People are so useless

"Are you okay with your president dying?!" Izu pauses a moment to think, which we all know is 100 of years in AI terms. "No."

Wow, totally thought Zero-One would get there in time to prevent those Humagears from getting converted, but nope. It's kind of shocking

So I have to admire this serie's dedication to walking the moral line. Does a Humagear saving Fuwa's life balance out the Humagears that tried to kill him as a youth? Reactivating the Humagears might have helped some patients, but the ones that got converted surely hurt or even maybe killed some people.

That last shot of the beautiful sunset with the containment zone is a pretty interesting contrast too.

Disappointed that Mashiro-chan doesn't get any sort of followup considering the previous episode. Omigoto was in the previous episode too, but he didn't have any setup. Kinda weird?

Couple questions, weren't MetsubouJinrai headed to a second hospital to take it over? Why did they go back and attack the original hospital and how did Hiden know to shut down that hospital instead of the many other places full of Humagears. Here's why terrorism is scary, Hiden, they can attack any number of places and are unpredictable!

Conflicted episode for Yaiba. She has some good questions and interactions with people. But we don't really return to her beating down Humagear mooks. Plus, what was with that half-hearted lie to Izu?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zero-One 09 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Based on how the Giga & the Breaking Mammoth power armor look similar to each other, I'm thinking ZAIA may've done some corporate espionage on Hiden sometime ago.

And if the Doctor Humagear lasted this long without transforming into a Trilobite, Hiden R&D should take note and upgrade the patch.

A nice CGI battle. Hope there's another one in the future.

Yaiba-san, start covering your own tracks. ZAIA could throw you under the bus if Izu continues to question your motives. And don't let Fuwa know now, girl.

Good episode.

Commissioner Mitarai from Yabe Kenzou?!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is that why that guy looks familiar??? I don't understand why he's playing himself though. Is this reality or is it fiction?

I guess my question is, what do the medical Humagears have that make them impervious to hacking (pre-Giga). And why hasn't that security measure been distributed among all Humagears?

On the flip side, why is MetsubouJinrai targeting the Humagears most resistant to hacking? If they want numbers, there are so many Humagears all over the place. Was there a cut line that they wanted to attack the medical center because it had a high concentration of Humagears? They certainly do the world building, but it would have been nice if someone in the show connected the dots?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Real quick explanation for the unpopular name change from Satellite ZEA to Satellite There. I wanted to change it to distinguish it from the company ZAIA, and also because it follows a pattern of naming with Aruto's things.

There's a pattern with Hiden's stuff to give his personal items bland names. His top two AI helpers are essentially Is and Siesta. He has a Satellite that's There. And the AI that speaks for it is named That.

Even the name of his family is dumb. He's Korenosuke (This guy). His son is Soreo (That man). And his grandson is Aruto (It exists). I'm sure it'll be explained later on, but for now we can see the pattern with his naming schemes.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

So I basically loved everything in this episode, and yes including the wonky CGI fight in the end. Yeah, it didn't look 'great', but the story and the theme song playing all worked together to make the final fight feel as triumphant a moment as it should. That said, I don't think there's much to say about the new 'form'. It's the typical big CGI thing almost every season has, and I fully expect it to just eventually disappear without any explanation.

I don't really have the energy this moment to comment on every single thing I liked, because it basically was every single thing, but I guess the big thing I feel like mentioning is that Izu's monologue to herself about wanting to believe in Aruto makes me continue to be hopeful about her eventually having a good character arc of her own, and also her sliding into the scene to give Aruto the new key was just wonderful.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Since Izu can run at 60 miles per hour and skid to a stop darkening the pavement, it's clear now that Izu is not a secret agent cosplaying as a humageer.

As for Yua's half-hearted lie at the end of the episode, what if it is not a lie? What if camera girl is a lookalike humageer or Yua's twin sister? If chess guy is running a lookalike humageer behind Yua's back to do his dirty work, then the real Yua could be in for a moral crisis.

Also, since Humageers can diagnose illnesses, it stands to reason that Izu should be able to tell if Yua was lying or not. And, if she was programmed not to point out a lie (she has no problem explaining Aruto's jokes) then why was she doing the research in the first place?

A good scene for Shesta with her all but butting heads with Izu. I still think Shesta will be revealed to be Ark. If Shesta does become a Rider, she should be Kamen Rider RBF (resting bitchy face).

So, two seasons in a row we get giant mecha in Kamen Rider? Will we get motorcycles now in Super Sentai?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

resop2 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:03 amSo, two seasons in a row we get giant mecha in Kamen Rider? Will we get motorcycles now in Super Sentai?
You're probably joking but, I just wish to comment that we've had motorcycles in Sentai before. Because motorcycles are cool.

resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:13 am
resop2 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:03 amSo, two seasons in a row we get giant mecha in Kamen Rider? Will we get motorcycles now in Super Sentai?
You're probably joking but, I just wish to comment that we've had motorcycles in Sentai before. Because motorcycles are cool.
I am aware of that, and motorcycles are cool. However, I don't remember Super Sentai using motorcycles recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawP6aH_TMc
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Great episode. Really good payoff for everyone. A nice tie up to the first few episodes with some nice resolution without having Zero-One having to beat Horobi early. I was actually hyped for the giant robot fight, which never happens for me with Rider.

Still some good questions though. Who leaked the footage that Yaiba took? I'm enjoying that we have just enough loose threads to keep me hooked.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

PLEASE drop the giant Mecha bit, KR... leave that to Super Sentai. you do NOT need it.

decent ep, a lot of decent backstory.... but UGH, that mecha fight... WHY?????
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Horobi says that Aruto is beyond their calculation and I believe he is referring to the Ark. A little info from the scans and trailer of the upcoming team up movie, Aruto can utilize the ForceRiser despite being human. I wonder what truly Aruto is given that in Episode 8, he's confirmed to be human through his physical exams but he is able to use a device that's designed for HumaGears.
MisterDo1984
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?

Post by MisterDo1984 »

The 1080p version only seems to be the commercials. I downloaded the torrent three separate times, and only the commercials are showing up in the files when the torrent finishes.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

MisterDo1984 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:13 pm The 1080p version only seems to be the commercials. I downloaded the torrent three separate times, and only the commercials are showing up in the files when the torrent finishes.
I'm looking at the torrent file and both CM and episode are in there and nothing's wrong with the file themselves, they're not mislabled or misencoded so I honestly can't tell you what's going on that you can't download the episode. Are you sure you have the episode selected to download?
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 amReactivating the Humagears might have helped some patients, but the ones that got converted surely hurt or even maybe killed some people.

The news report at the end specifically stated there were no further casualties or fatalities. Probably thanks to Valkyrie, but that went unstated and unseen.
takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 amCouple questions, weren't MetsubouJinrai headed to a second hospital to take it over? Why did they go back and attack the original hospital and how did Hiden know to shut down that hospital instead of the many other places full of Humagears.

They were at the second hospital for the CGI fight. That was Future Hospital, and Fuwa was at Digital Hospital still.

There was one subtle implication I don't think anyone else caught. Hiden may not be the only Humagear manufacturers. In the scene where they were discussing whether or not to shut the Medigears down, the VP's toadie (not Siesta, the human male) said something about them having to leave the Humagear market if the stock prices kept dropping. That seems to imply that there are other companies in the same marketspace, also making AIs.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

SVNBob wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:15 pm There was one subtle implication I don't think anyone else caught. Hiden may not be the only Humagear manufacturers. In the scene where they were discussing whether or not to shut the Medigears down, the VP's toadie (not Siesta, the human male) said something about them having to leave the Humagear market if the stock prices kept dropping. That seems to imply that there are other companies in the same marketspace, also making AIs.
When I heard that, the first thing that came to mind was that AIMS and ARK both have the same progrise technology that Hiden has. Considering the tragedy that happened, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the disaster led to partners going their own way and Hiden is just the original company. It's also very possible that any competing companies stick to specific markets or Hiden simply cornered the Japanese market and the competition is based in other countries.

However you look at it, we learned that the Ark crew had one of Hiden's original progrise keys and that the keys were originally developed for extreme rescue (ala Rescue Force or GoGoV, perhaps). However, they weren't aware that the key was meant to summon a brute strength mecha (typical tank role in RPG terms) and merely used it to interface with themselves. That makes me wonder if the stolen keys were partially deactivated when the Ark fell.

There have been a few other implications thus far, but this two-parter really seems to suggest the AIMS president is ex-Hiden, as is the Ark itself. But it also makes it quite clear that that Ark crew aren't Hiden products. Perhaps we'll get a movie where it's revealed they were built by Shocker? The organisation hasn't been very vocal recently, and I doubt we've seen the last Foundation appearance, since that was a Shocker offshoot.

I also think the halfhearted response at the end wasn't a lie, but merely a sort of "I've changed, I'm not that person anymore." Or, conversely, it could have been planted by the AIMS president from her research footage as a means to further cast public doubt on Hiden which, if he was an ex-partner or descended from one, could come with plenty of motivations. We do know she was recording some sort of test run after capturing and hacking Assassin-chan, so he would easily have open access to her data.

So many little details in this to mull over. The medical Humagear had their data stored on a secure server, so when they went rogue, that info didn't fall into the wrong hands. The Angel's laugh suggested she went crazy or was somehow more susceptible to the hacking, especially since she changed first and appeared to relish it before her personality was wiped. Yet the Doctor was visibly able to resist the hacking with some effort. Has he become a singularity? I hope we actually see more of him in future episodes because he seemed to be the only Humagear thus far that beat the hacking on his own.

I like that MJ.net focused on hospitals because taking those out meant humans would die faster. It was a very logical conclusion and the execution was well-played. However, I do have to roll my eyes a little at the usual "good character tries or does something at the same time the bad guys have the idea to exploit that something" trope. Sometimes it works well (half of Enter's plots in GoBuster) or makes sense (the diet crepe episode of MegaRanger), but most of the time, it serves to isolate episodes and make character development a little stale tasting. Thus far, I feel like Izu is actually guiding Aruto to Humagear that are on the verge of awakening (which MJ.net is actively scanning for) as though she was programmed to do so. As she was Hiden's assistant, it would make sense for her to have the same ability as those serving the Ark, but maybe Hiden has a block so she doesn't realise she's doing it. This possibility definitely makes the trope more palatable (as does the excellent writing).

Now to see if Fuwa's new memory can make him hesitate on the battlefield at a key moment and kick off his epiphany arc... or (better yet) if he ends up going walkabout trying to resolve this budding internal conflict.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”