KR Zero-One 10 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:12 am

☆☆☆☆☆
68%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.65 / 5 (26 votes)

Alt Title: This title is the wrong one

So I dunno if they messed up, but the silly title from the preview isn't in this one. It looks like it got overwritten by the text for the ZAIA location.

Alright episode. Really feels like the set up for a two-parter.

Man, Oowada Shinya has a great voice.

Feels weird that the bad guys failed to corrupt their target this time. I also don't understand why they're picking this new actor, since he doesn't seem like a good candidate for an AI approaching singularity, given how new he is and his inability to adapt to a situation.

It's weird that Fuwa is out on duty already, but I guess he's not the type to stay in bed.

I wish Yaiba were more of an equal Rider with Fuwa. It's just kind of painfully obvious who the second and tertiary riders are and it's kind of a pity since it sets up some unnatural feeling scenarios.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 10 released

Post by Xirix »

I know the director of A.I.M.S., or hell, is he the director of ZAIA now, likes to be dramatic and full of himself, but that's not how percentages work you silly man.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I swear, we are starting off on a bad foot if 1000% is this guy's catchphrase... >.>
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I'm really glad they are making the Dodo guy still stick around. I like how they are suggesting that even corrupted Humagears may reach some kind of singularity - Dodo-chan not being there when Jin was fighting + wanting to be stronger.

The theme of the movie really fits all sides brilliantly and particularly Fuwa/Yaiba. Izu trying to inform Aruto of MetsubouJinrai was brilliant.

The Yaiba spy stuff adds a new level of complexity to the story and gives her a more prominent role - she's a potential threat... to everyone?

When Fuwa was saying "when that time comes I will..." I thought he was going to say "win" - which he did. It feels good to understand these characters.

Nice that it's another two-parter. Tbh I thought this episode wouldn't be that important to the story or character development as it came right after two really good eps. But it was really good. 5/5
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I honestly have mixed feelings about Dodo-chan. It's nice to have another regular/semi-regular on the show to add to the dynamic, but maybe flesh out Fuwa, Yaiba, and Izu's characters more first? Also feels like the upper staff going "We need to not make so many costumes. Just use the Dodo one for a bunch of episodes"
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Nothing much happened in this episode, making it a semi-filler which is actually good. In this manner, the storytelling can be saved for the later episodes. The biggest flaw that Takahashi-sensei did when he wrote Ex-Aid is that 90% of the storytelling were dumped during the 65% of the show so he has to put a lot of filler during the final arc.
takenoko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 pm I honestly have mixed feelings about Dodo-chan. It's nice to have another regular/semi-regular on the show to add to the dynamic, but maybe flesh out Fuwa, Yaiba, and Izu's characters more first? Also feels like the upper staff going "We need to not make so many costumes. Just use the Dodo one for a bunch of episodes"
I'm fine with the limit on the number of costumers because they'll be able to use the saved money on CG for the latter episodes.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This was pretty decent all around, an 'average' kind of scenario where the good guys and the bad guys clash a bunch while doing little things to develop the characters. I like the simple, little moments with Fuwa and Yaiba. Although their last exchange about them going 'hey we might have to fight one day' seemed a little forced, and I want to assume she just meant 'come into conflict' instead of full-on 'physically fight each other' because it's a little fast to be saying that kind of thing. I don't doubt it will happen but drama isn't that high yet!

I was really into our Dodo pal's moments with our veteran actor, even though I'm certain only sadness will come out of this. A part of me can't help but think that his developments and scenes in this episode could maybe have easily been given to Jin, who is already a main character? But then, I don't know what will be the ultimate direction for any of the characters so maybe it'll all work out neatly.

ZAIA boss is 1000% suspicious! Though his actor actually looks younger than Yaiba's, so the latter deferring to him looks unintentionally funny to me.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

One thing about this episode confused me, when they said that the humagear had studied "American acting" I thought that they were referring to method acting. So, when the humagear could not improvise, it made me wonder what Japanese people think "American acting" actually is.

As expected, Izu continues to live up to her robo-waifu status with that hilarious pantomime.

So, Yaiba is a tweener rider? She will fight with the technico's against the main rudos faction but she is not aligned 100% with the technico's.

Did we get through an entire episode without a middle aged man joke from Aruto?

What will the actor guy think when he finds out that his star pupil is secretly a humagear?

Why didn't Seista accompany Vice President-san to the set?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:33 pm One thing about this episode confused me, when they said that the humagear had studied "American acting" I thought that they were referring to method acting. So, when the humagear could not improvise, it made me wonder what Japanese people think "American acting" actually is.
I think it was supposed to be more of "oooooh wow Hollywood" than any sort of comparison between American/Japanese actors
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the line is Hollywood acting, not American acting. Not sure where you're getting American acting from.
Mirainokage
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Mirainokage »

Got to see it finally! Very good episode again, glad to see that even the beginning of the series isn't as slow as usual in other Rider series.
Last edited by Mirainokage on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i feel like Izu already has reached Singularity for some time now. The way she does things is just like shade.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty solid episode. Nice breather from the last two parter with some interesting stuff.

Dodos actor not behaving like an idiot was nice. Actor did it real well.

I'm enjoying Fuwa. He obviously doesn't let whatever is happening with Yaiba get him down and proves it in battle.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Probably my favorite episode until now. A Filler Episode that really works well on its own, fleshes out Antsu-chan and gives a bit of development to Fuwa, which is greatly appreciated since he is one of the weaker characters until now and only starting to get a bit more complex with the last two episodes. And I'm looking forward to the next episode about all of this wraps up. If Zero-One keeps this going and all the Filler from now is at least partially comparable this might actually get me more excited for new episodes this early on since the big story stuff isn't really gonna happen until Christmas and that is still a bit off...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I am starting, to cool on this series's writing. I am glad that they haven't shifted too much from the character writing that grabbed my attention at the start but well like Take pointed out I kinda wish they would... focus it on the characters. They have 48-51 episodes to flesh things out here and I worry that they are rushing to hit all the beats in the opening by episode 28 and then introduce a whole new line of things to address while ignoring the troubling aspects of humagears in general. And WHEN WILL THEY REVEAL ALL THE HUMANS ARE THE HUMAGEARS, AND THE HUMAGEARS ARE HUMANS? (joking)
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”