Ryusoulger 38 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 pm

★★★★★
10%
★★★★
30%
★★★
20%
★★
20%
20%

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 38 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.5 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Enter the group power-up cape

It's alright. Hopefully a group powerup means more character episodes and non-red/gold focus episodes.

We get a decent chunk of time with our beloved rangers who aren't red or gold. Blue has a good plan as usual, and it's fun to see them work together, even if it's ultimately for red and gold to save them in the end. Heck, we even get to see them use the robo, as futile as it was, I appreciate seeing one of the other gattai.

I really dislike introducing a character like Yuno this late, and in as clumsy a manner as it was. I literally have in my notes "Who's Yuno?"

I kind of wonder if we keep falling back to the trope of red/gold trials to overcome obstacles is a lack of imagination and world building. Red and gold are as much of ciphers as you can make them. The fact that they're such blank slates sort of make it hard to write any kind of character trials or personal acts of discovery since they're so flawless (in a neutered ken doll aspect) as they can possibly be.

Think about why we like the non red/gold guys. Blue episodes are great because he has to learn to be less of a brainiac prick. Asuna has to be less of a glutton. Bamba less of a longer. Green less of an asshole. The fact that they're flawed characters is what makes them relatable and interesting.

Anyway, hopefully the Christmas episode is fun

Real time notes:

Is this a red and gold boys club episode...?

Who's Yuno?

Oh thank god, black and green boys are in this episode at least

Why is Gachi leaving? I thought defeating the Ryusoulgers was the whole point of the attack?

Who sponsored all the soy milk?

/me changes the channel when it's the red guy show

The question is a trick, Koh has already abandoned his friends...

Yes! A red/goldless gattai. Have we literally only seen the individual gattai like once before? It's been so long...

Ooh, that's Yuno. But... Whhhhhy? Is she going to be important later?

Since red chose his friends, wouldn't his objective be to not fight?

Looks like the cape will be a shared powerup, but I don't like it. It looks ugly

Wonder what Pricious is going on about at the end

Luna, how dare you sub both a Dominos and a Pizza Hut, you pizza hussy! Pick a lane!

Edit: Oh, I see Yuno has a streak of red in her hair that's not visible with the green effect... Also the picture they put up on the webpage is kind of unflattering
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 38 released

Post by Lunagel »

Christ almighty I'm freaking tired of these red/gold only power-ups. I've lost all interest in anyone fighting whatsoever because clearly they're just going to have those two save their asses every time.

Would it kill them to give someone else something? Would it kill them to have more than 2 episodes in a row where Red doesn't get the focus?

Next week's looks kinda fun but I'm just so unenthused for anything after this week.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I'm super confused at the turn this show took. I rushed through 26 episodes in order to catch up with this series, and up until Nada's death (big F never forget), the show was pretty darn good at giving everyone equal screentime and focus. Koh even had some faults highlighted (anger issues).
Then all of a sudden, it became The Red and Gold Show. Ironically, it did so just a few episodes after they had Koh tell Nada that he's not the leader just because he's red. :roll:

Anyway... this power-up is ugly, and superfluous. I'm not convinced it'll be a group power-up, because only Koh and Canalo had to face the trial. It'll just be shared between the two of them. Gonna guess that Koh is a special snowflake chosen one, since Yuno called him out by name (and apparently has red in her hair? I didn't catch this but I trust you take).

At least Kleon got to vent a little bit. Kinda rooting for him at this point.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I found myself asking the same as the Minusaur... Whyyyyyy?

What is the purpose of the power-up when Max exists? Why do only Red and Gold get teleported to the temple? Why do only these two get the power-up? Why are trials mentioned when they supposedly cleared their trials just two episodes ago? Why are Towa and Bamba always training separately?

Generously giving this a 2/5, only because locking Koh and Canalo in the temple gave the others the spotlight. Melto proved he is the brains of the team once again, and seeing him commanding KishiryuuOh Five Knights Blue into battle was cool.

Any reason as to why Gachileus' Minusaur was water-based?
Behold the Emperor!
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Slowking wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 pm Any reason as to why Gachileus' Minusaur was water-based?
A long time ago when Canalo was introduced, remember how Gachileus turned into a... submarine? Underwater war ship?

shrug
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Not going to lie. Angus beef + smoked salmon pizza sounds good.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 pm Christ almighty I'm freaking tired of these red/gold only power-ups. I've lost all interest in anyone fighting whatsoever because clearly they're just going to have those two save their asses every time.

Would it kill them to give someone else something? Would it kill them to have more than 2 episodes in a row where Red doesn't get the focus?

Next week's looks kinda fun but I'm just so unenthused for anything after this week.
720p audio is out of sync.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm Wonder what Pricious is going on about at the end

Luna, how dare you sub both a Dominos and a Pizza Hut, you pizza hussy! Pick a lane!

Edit: Oh, I see Yuno has a streak of red in her hair that's not visible with the green effect... Also the picture they put up on the webpage is kind of unflattering
720p audio is out of sync. I don't know who to tell.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Why is it a Red usable power up when he has Max? God this series is stupid.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'd have to check but I think Yuno is a character who appeared in the Ryusoulger movie earlier in the year.

Anyhow, this reminded me a lot of last year's episode with the Lupin Magnum. Just like that episode, it was a mostly fun little adventure that ultimately shows off a new toy, though there's a few things that bug me.

It was only a little while ago that we had 'our heroes go through trials to prove they are worthy of power' so this is already a bit repetitive. Then again, I thought most of the trials in the previous episode sucked so I guess I'm all for them doing it again. Koh and Canalo having that moment where they answered illusion-Dimevolcano's question differently was sorta interesting, and their ensuing fight was really nice to look at. Thing is, while I knew that the resolution to that was that neither of them were wrong and that they both deserved the sword... they kinda just both decide that's the case at the exact same time with no real prompting. Why did they even start fighting in the first place...?

The rest of the gang dealing with the monster was actually really nice, especially since Melto really got to shine with his brains. I don't necessarily mind that the day is saved by Red and Gold, even. It's just that I don't think show seems to realise how consistently they've been undercutting the rest of the team just by having this happen so often lately. I mean, couldn't the episode have been about all six of them going to that temple to pull out that sword together?

The new toy is... very underwhelming. It's just a repainted version of the swords they already always use, and it gives a cape and mantle. Cool? It doesn't even do anything for the mecha either. Also it's significantly less impressive than Max RyusoulRed, which they show side-by-side to prove that it is less impressive.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

T'was alright. Was fun seeing "The Other Four" kicking some ass (albeit briefly) for once.

I think they should have shown Canalo answering to Dimevolcano's question. And maybe also Cleon birthing the minusaur from Gachi?

The "pulling ExcaliburRyusoul Calibur out of the stone" would have looked a lot cooler (IMO) if all six had been there.

Cleon insulting "Shrimp-leus" was the highlight of the episode.

4/5 Better than the rest of this damn series.

PS: the audio for the 720 version is out of sync.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in

Post by Deadrider50 »

Ok, I just came here to talk about two things I didn't like in this episode.

First, why the power-up must be caped form?! What's the function of Nada's death. He must be crying in the spirit world right now LOL😂.

Second (Last), I feel like this episode just focusing on Koh and Canalo. So... yeah~... Red and Gold club episode. Not so cool right there Toei. I give 3/5 because of the power-up form was ugly. The only best part was the Ryusoul Calibur finisher. So over kill the enemies like Super Patren X did before.

P.S: Found some mistake at 19:53/19:54. There's two different context. One is the normal context and the other is the Finisher context.
Last edited by Deadrider50 on Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

CheetahLynx wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:43 pm PS: the audio for the 720 version is out of sync.
Sorry, the v2 should be out now
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Did I see this right? TV-Nihon wrote something else instead of "Itadakimasu"? 😶
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL, it depends on the context and translator. Even I don't write itadakimasu all the time

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”