KR Zero-One 17 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:04 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 17 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.35 / 5 (23 votes)

Alt Title: Kamen Rider Two-Zero-Two-Zero

First week back, and I'll be honest, I dunno about this one. Izu has some amazing great moments here. But a lot of it is just setup for Thouser to come in and show off his stuff.

We catch a glimpse of Fuwa talking to Horobi. Yaiba is reduced to being MC for this ridiculous contest (Aruto making fun of her is a rare moment where someone's the butt of a joke and it's not him). But sadly Team AIMS is on the sidelines this time around.

So... was Mr. Thousand supposed to be Mr. Million or Billion originally? His portrayal here makes me think they wanted him to seem expensive. But realized they couldn't get away with million percent as a catchphrase (1000% is pushing it frankly).

Honestly, I hate Thouser's mask, which seems too small for his face, but love the "Produced by ZAIA" sponsor text in all his stuff.

Edit:
If you like Wanwan Infinity (one of the judges), check out his stuff. He's apparently a big Zero-One fan.
https://twitter.com/wanwan_infinity
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFLMtW ... gyw/videos
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 17 released

Post by Xirix »

Oh dear lord that advert for ZAIASPEC, I swear I'm getting physical pain whenever this moron says 1000 percent now. :P I must admit I kinda like Thouser initially though, even if it is Gai inside, I love the fucking copyright symbols appearing with his attack splashes and the like. XD
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Uhhhh, did we miss a step with Horobi? Last we saw he was nonfunctional on the ground, yeah? Then suddenly he's "reactivated", but then claims the humans repaired him? What?

So I think now the Ark has awakened/progressed enough that it's hacking the Humagears itself, when it senses any kind of human resentment. No need for foot soldiers like Horobi or Jin. Not sure how it's doing that, since previously the Humagears had to be forcefully connected. Unless it's in Hiden's system somehow?

Thouser looks alright. He could use a little more armor pieces, I think. Right now it's a lot of faux leather (or whatever that material is). The mask is small-ish, but honestly if you get a 3/4th look at any of this show's helmets they all are just a leather cap with a flat face slapped on. They only look good from the front, imo.
The copyright and ZAIA advertising is fucking gold, though. Bless.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We saw Horobi reactivate last episode. I think the last bit about being repaired by a human is supposed to come as a shocker. Honestly the small bit feels like they cut it out of another episode and inserted it in this one just so Fuwa shows up.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

When's the Google Glass ripoff gonna be a P-Bandai Exclusive, Bandai??

Kinda wished Kousei Amano played Tachibana the florist.

Slowly and steadily, the Ark's becoming Skynet.

A job competition between companies?? Inane and lame.

After listening to that monologue about Korenosuke, Amatsu's a dick.

Nice episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Happy New Year, we're starting off with rival companies clashing with flowers. Now that humagears can seemingly go berserk under just the smallest bit of stress and hint of anger, I think Hiden is going to have a very hard time convincing anyone their robots are still a good idea.... Also its only a matter of time before that one motw with the frog head makes a return (I honestly liked that design because its so dumb).

Honestly I didn't find the scene with Fuwa and Horobi to be particularly meaningful other than to just remind us where they while the flower contest was happening. The big, obvious highlight was the debut of Kamen Rider Thouser. I like that his transformation is incredibly over-the-top, and the suit itself is mixed for me. I actually really like the mask and think it looks really cool, but the rest of the body is fairly generic? Just feels like he doesn't have any striking and unique design quirks compared to the other riders, like AIMs' half-white bodies or the Metsubojinrai's scrap-metal plating.

I really liked his fight with Zero One. It was an overwhelming victory for Thouser of course, but not entirely a curb-stomp as one would expect. Aruto might just close the gap if he uses Shining Assault Hopper, but we'll see.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode to be honest. It's a strange start to the ZAIA arc because the stakes are reset again. Obviously, the Ark making a Humagear randomly transform into a Magia is bad, but having Thouser use it as an opportunity to attack Zero One because he's petty seems strange.

I share sentiments with the lack of things for Fuwa and Yaiba forcing their use in this episode. Yaiba in particular reminded me of those episodes in Kabuto where they randomly forced Hiyori into whatever Tendous scheme was because she needed screentime.

Thouser himself I like for multiple reasons. The design is very nice, and the head silhouette is very unique and interesting. I enjoy how like the Mammoth robot things, that it basically a knock off Zero One. Even the Jacker pirates the Progrise Keys to use as an attack. The constant ZAIA shilling is great too.

Obviously this mysterious individual at the end of the episode is the last member of metsubojinrai. It's a shame that right after they dealt with Ikazuchi, they forgot about Fuwas hypothesis that there should be one more member. The other thing I don't understand at this stage is that Gai seems upset (and wanting to dismantle HIDEN) because he was passed over as Chairman in favour for Aruto, yet he orchestrated the Ark plan more than 12 years prior. I'm sure it'll get explained at some point.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks for reminding me. I checked and Gai's actor is 22 years old. So how old is Gai supposed to be? Was he 10 when he orchestrated this revenge?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That's the part that really bugs me.

If the Ark had gone crapshoot on its own and he had remotely reactivated it, it would make a lot more sense.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

I like Thouser design, though. 5 horns are cool.

Kind of off-topic, but I realized the lower bitrate since eps 13 or 14, though I initially think that was because too many movements in 1 shot. That makes sense now
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

So from the last ep. Zaia is playing the long game when starting all this just to take over Hiden. Now Zaia is going full speed ahead in bringing Hiden down, seems over kill. Wonder what comes next for zero one since having one fight with the new rider and zero one evolves after analyzing battle data. Aruto really is corrupting Izu with his odd humor.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Can I just say that they missed a trick by not adding ZAIA to the list of sponsors of the show.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I know that I should not attempt to force western style logic into this show, but why can't Aruto turn the tables on ZAIA's TOB by showing up the next day with a lawsuit and claim that Gai physically attacked him for no reason and that Aruto was going to sue the spandex off of him?

My suspicion is that the flower Humageer's submission was sabotaged and the offending out of place flower was put there by someone other than the flower humageer in an attempt to overload her emotion circuits.

Three cheers for Siesta's mechanical laugh.

I guess Jin is not out of the picture since he is still in the opening?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Personally, I'm expecting it was Rentaro who sabotaged it since she did target him specifically after transforming and calling him "human full of malice that should go extinct".
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Thouser's design as a ripoff of Zero One seems to be based on a certain, Chinese ripoff statue of the RX-78-2.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”