KR Zero-One 17 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:04 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: KR Zero-One 17 released

Post by The M »

Do you will release the broadcast versions of the previous episodes with lower bitrate ? Someone mentioned that they were lower since episode 14.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

The M wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:10 am Do you will release the broadcast versions of the previous episodes with lower bitrate ? Someone mentioned that they were lower since episode 14.
It would be a real pain in the ass to timeshift the script from stream to broadcast, so for me, I prefer not to.

Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

IMO on the flower part it shows about how judging something works. Many years ago my dad told me that in say a food competition if you make the best fish and chips by far compared to everyone else but the judges hate fish and chips so give you a low mark that doesn't mean your food isn't the best just its a personal taste thing.

I'd say the idea behind the ugly flower was to show a human touch, and flaws in perfection to make it realistic rather than pure beauty and vanity from the human competitors entry.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The M wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:10 am Do you will release the broadcast versions of the previous episodes with lower bitrate ? Someone mentioned that they were lower since episode 14.
Like Davinci said, it'd mean a lot of work to remodel the script to work with the broadcast raws. Since the broadcast airs with commercials, we'd have to take the script and shift it with each part and that doesn't even include taking into account what text is on the screen for sponsors and notices.

For example, this is what the code looks like to remove the commercials from broadcast raw. We'd have to take that, figure out where the start of each segment is, then shift it depending on how different it was from the stream raw (and there's always a maddening difference)
__t0 = __film.trim(3273,9168)
__t1 = __film.trim(9410,16482)
__t2 = __film.trim(18640,32450)
__t3 = __film.trim(34969,41393)
__t4 = __film.trim(43192,43551)
PurpleHat
Gao
Quote: If you do not fight, you will not survive.

Post by PurpleHat »

The whole job competition seems rather silly if they're not going to broadcast it on live television. I feel it'd be up Gai's alley to publicly humiliate Aruto and have everyone see it. Not to mention each victory would do wonders for Zaiaspec sales (ideally). Yaiba being MC for this is kinda insulting given what Yaiba is capable of. I suppose you could say it's an attempt to have an impartial person overseeing it, but Yaiba works for ZAIA. Just because she's worked with Hiden Intelligence doesn't change her current affiliation.

Gai really comes off as a pretentious prick, but he lacks charisma so he just comes off worse than he should be. Instead of loving to hate him, I just hate him. I thought he showed up with Thousandriver to curbstomp the Magear and show up Aruto, not fight Aruto and treat the Magear as a pest. His fight with Aruto felt unwarranted, and the victory is cheapened by Aruto not being fully committed to fight. Would have preferred he destory the Magear rather easily and profess his way of doing things is better than Aruto.

That being said, I do think they hit the nail on the head with his brand. I love the ZAIA Enterprise copyright logo and sounds during his attacks. He's been building himself up to be this bombastic figure and it comes out in his rider form. For me, if Gai was more charismatic he'd be a great adversary.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Had to make a gif out of it
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

After looking at the preview I came up with a ridiculous theory for who the second quarter bad guy is going to be (the hooded person who stole the Progrise Key) - It is The Shroud from Kamen Rider W who will transform humans into Mageer/Dopiant hybrids by modifying the Progrise Keys to interface with Gaia Memories.

Quick question: have we seen Yaiba's right ear yet? Her hair style always shows the left ear but hides the right. What if Gai's first attempt to interface humans and the Ark instead of glasses was a ear piece that Yaiba was the test subject for. The ear piece malfunctions and now Yaiba (not unlike Crying Freeman) cannot disobey an order from Gai, but still has to live with the regrets of carrying them out.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I....I....How does this show do it?

I might be one of the few that simply can't believe that this much work and detail has gone into a Kids show for crying out loud!

How do they manage to go through almost every cliche, yet continue to keep me invested in the tiny little seeds they plant in each episode!?

That subtle dig Aruto took at Gai's catchphrase was the biggest case of 'Shot's fired' that I can think of since all my years of watching. Add on that uncomfortable pause with the camera cuts...It's just perfect.

Aruto lamenting about how he's 'corrupting' Izu got a rewind out of me. I don't think I've chuckled so verbosely in all of my life. This was on point with her sad 'Gotta have Aruto,' a few episodes back.

At first, I didn't like the look of the Thouser, then came the transformation scene.
When the five horns cross, the golden soldier Thouser is born.
Add on the fact that the voice sounds similar to Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series, I instantly muttered, "This guy is going to be a real threat." And boy, did he reaffirm my choice.

Fuwa and Horobi will be an interesting tandem for this show to explore when it dives into the nitty-gritty of who exactly gave the order to start the Holy War, and it will be someone that can tear both of them apart (I hope.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

FangTrigger wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm That subtle dig Aruto took at Gai's catchphrase was the biggest case of 'Shot's fired' that I can think of since all my years of watching. Add on that uncomfortable pause with the camera cuts...It's just perfect.
I honestly think that's one of the best lines of dialogue we've had in years. The sheer "oh snap" of it all and the perfectly timed silence just *chef kiss*
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

So when Thouser drained the Flying Falcon Key, was that a permanent drain of Zero-One's power? Is that why Shining Hopper didn't even put a dent into Thouser?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... I will give this episode, 2 points for the best exchange so far in the show. the guy playing Gai knows how to silently suggest "listen here you little shit I will end you"... I however take those points away because of Thouser. The design, is a bit gaudy and yet cheap looking but that is likely intentional, no my problem rests with his weapon... the Thousand Jacker. I hate it. I hate the name of the weapon, I hate how he uses it. I hate that no one on staff likely though much of it cause 'well the guy is 'Thouser' right? So Thousand. And it lets him jack in to and steal from others, so 'Jacker' adds up. Oh also let's make it engrish.' and no one raised there hand to go 'could this have different implications to native English speakers?' or if they did that the response was likely 'who cares?'

I just... Bleh. Bleh bleh bleh. And I will not bore people with my rant about how I feel the damn Zaia Specs should not work as advertise and if they did that the people using it would fall over dead. No one wants a 'science doesn't work that way' in a show like this but just.. Bleh. Bleh to Horobi just being alive and Fuwa's response isn't to just keep shooting him every time he's repaired for questioning.

I didn't get the sense that Horobi was suggesting that humans repaired him and it's a show. But more suggesting that because humans repaired him suggests their interest in using him, possibly as a weapon, as proof of how malicious and twisted and sucky humanity is, and bringing up the question of 'then why was I repaired' shakes Fuwa into asking 'why indeed' since there's very little they can get from questioning him... Also oh hey look I guess Jin is back as well but dark and edgy cause this show likes to rip interesting characteristics out of people and just have the toy standing there so you can consume product.... sorry that last speculation was out of place and critic was mostly uncalled for as Aruto, Fuwa, and Izu are still allowed to be interesting for the most part.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Kogashi wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:45 pm my problem rests with his weapon... the Thousand Jacker. I hate it. I hate the name of the weapon, I hate how he uses it. I hate that no one on staff likely though much of it cause 'well the guy is 'Thouser' right? So Thousand. And it lets him jack in to and steal from others, so 'Jacker' adds up. Oh also let's make it engrish.' and no one raised there hand to go 'could this have different implications to native English speakers?' or if they did that the response was likely 'who cares?'
While I can understand if this detail passed you by with the thousands of other things wrong with Zi-O, but in Zi-O the villain group was called the Time-Jackers.
Kogashi wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:45 pm my rant about how I feel the damn Zaia Specs should not work as advertise and if they did that the people using it would fall over dead
Should I sell Google short since they are supposedly working on the same thing.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

no I remember the Time Jackers, I snickered at it but considering that their aim was to hijack timelines, and did not involve phallic imagery I got over it to complain bout other things concerning Zi-o

And as for the Specs I mostly mean them seeming to argue that, because they have latched on a giant hunk of computer equipment to the side of a pair of glasses, that it'll make you, a human, will process things as fast or faster than actual AI, an 'evolution' of man kind even... Which, unless the specs come with a cybernetic brain implant, would make no sense or, worst case, kill people using it. That putting aside that what it actually does, is instead of being AI inside a robot focused on a specific job, it's an AI that scans specific situations and conditions and informs the wearer on what they should do which, is a lateral move compared to AI robots. The only advantage that it would end up getting is when it is put on to someone with years of experience to begin with, however we have seen with the Sushi chef, the amount of time can easily be as informed from a humagear as it would be from a human given the info.

That of course ignores the fact that humans cannot handle the amount of information provided as well as a computer can to sort through all provided options and choosing one. See for example, while Tachibana can be a skilled arranger of flowers and presentation, the humagear can have that information, while checking the weather for the amount of time it would take to complete the task, and know how the plants would react to the weather as they arrange without being distracted from either task.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

Aruto's crack at Gai's catchphrase when they're having tea is my favorite scene of this episode. Though, while this is probably more a Japan thing, I feel like there should be more people in amazement or something that the presidents of two of the biggest companies in the country are just casually having a meeting in this cafe/restaurant. Or press coverage, I guess. Like PurpleHat said, the flower arrangement wasn't broadcasted or even recorded, which you think Gai would want to do to help boost ZAIA's sales and ultimately buy-out Hiden Intelligence.

I will definitely agree on there not being much point in Gai fighting Aruto. Yeah, he beats him down all while taking out the Magear easily, but why is he fighting Aruto now? If it's to break his spirit by showing Thouser's power, this wasn't the first time Aruto was beaten down by an opponent only to get back up afterwards. To humiliate him? Again, nothing's being broadcasted (that we know of) so no one else knows that Zero-One was beaten by Thouser. I guess it's to show that Korenosuke's work into androids isn't better than AI powering up humans but I just feel like there should be more of a reason as to why Gai seems so spiteful.

EDIT: Thinking about it, he could just be very petty about Aruto using his 1000% catchphrase against him earlier that episode.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Spoiler
Did I read it right? A scrolling text at the top of the screen mentioned "net movies" or something?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”