KR Zero-One 22 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:11 am

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
52%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 22 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.5 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: Verdict: 4 stars, it's alright

I don't think this episode did anything to surprise me, but I enjoyed it. Damned if I can explain why, since the problems besetting this arc are still all present. Maybe all I needed was that little bit of upgrade candy to sweeten the bitter medicine?

And while the CGI fights are starting to get out of hand, I do like how unique the Metal form is for Zero-One? It's got a cool T-1000 liquid metal feel and is at least uniqueish among Rider upgrades.

I'm trying to interrogate my feelings on whether I'd like Zero-One's upgrades if they weren't all Hopper-based? I do sort of like that they're sticking to a theme and giving Zero-One a certain identity. Same with Fuwa and his wolf thing. Yaiba, you better come back with a rad ass cheetah power.

From the notes:
- /me face palms. Thouser got Assault Hopper's power?
-Where are Yaiba and Mr. 1000 hiding out? Do theyhave a secret villain cave? They own a business! Oh it's the MetsubouJinrai cave
-WTF Fuwa. The guy you're dragging in has clearly just been abused by the police.
-What was your plan Mr. 1000? To give Zero-One a powerup?

Huh, next week is a new writer?
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 22 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

I got a little confused when Thouser gave Aruto that "upgrade," what was his intention? That he'd instantly be corrupted by it? 'Cause I feel if he wasn't stopped, Thouser woulda got absolutely dominated.

And since it's an "upgrade" wouldn't he have wanted to use it himself? As I know the intent was to destroy Zero-One so he can't henshin, but at the same time, if it backfires, isn't that a HUGE "You done f'ed up" move?

Cutest moment is the end with Izu after Aruto does his gag. That's definitely one of the things keeping me in with this series is just her reactions and well, how she livens up the mood.

Definitely liking Fuwa's character, like he's a "babysitter" in the sense of aiding Aruto, but he does it with great intention too, so that's likable.

Still awaits to see what Yaiba does as a "redeemer" since right now, I'm just like, "So, you gonna get wrecked yet? Or, when you gonna be good-good"?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, what does it mean. Is it a power-up with a restriction, since Satellite Ark is constantly messing with him and making him berserk? Did he know the upgrade would give him the potential to beat his Thouser stuff?

I don't get the long-run plan, Mr. 1000.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I think Gai wants to corrupt Aruto so he can blame all the Ark's nonsense on the Hiden family? Not... entirely sure. Cool episode though, good to see Gai finally knocked on his ass.

Also gotta love english words in japanese shows, they spell Cluster wrong, and then correctly in the same damn scene. XD
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Aruto ONLY JUST NOW decides to ask There about the Ark? After Horobi and Jin were screaming about it for however long now?

The episode was super, super improved by the sheer fact that it did more than push the competition subplot along. Horobi suffering the Humagear version of a blue screen when confronted with the knowledge that ZAIA has MJ.net/Ark tech, Yaiba and Gai using MJ.net's 3D printer for the new key, and Gai's...... whatever his plan was there, with forcing Metal Hopper on Aruto.

Got the big ???? about what Gai is aiming for, same with everyone else. No point even speculating at this juncture, he's done too many contradictory things.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, it's more than ZAIA has Ark tech, ZAIA has been puppet mastering Ark/MJ.net since the very beginning.

Why isn't this something that Aruto can reveal to the public to save his company?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 am I mean, it's more than ZAIA has Ark tech, ZAIA has been puppet mastering Ark/MJ.net since the very beginning.

Why isn't this something that Aruto can reveal to the public to save his company?
I believe he does not have enough CONCLUSIVE proofs to convince public? I mean, even if he did and say that Gai proudly admits to those crimes and surrender, it is still going to be a problem for Hiden Intelligence as well. It does not sound simple enough that the exact thing to do is the solution. I am not sure. Just like how in Batman live action movies like Dark Knight and Dark Knight rises, where Harvey Dent ended up losing his mind after losing Rachel, get his left side face burnt into the villain, Two-Face, started killing people by flipping his one-sided burnt coin as chances, kidnapped Gordon's family and tried to kill the newly assigned commissioner's son yet Batman insisted not to reveal that truth and takes the blame for the murders caused by Two Face plus honoring Harvey as the hero of Gotham. In the Rises movie, Gordon pretty much loses trust from public and co-workers when Bane read Jim's confiscated resignation letter in public with the truth about Harvey Dent became a madman and started killing people. Something like that. I mean, we have to remember, while Aruto did say he would not conceal truth, he is still in his 20s (or teens) and still learning to be proper president of his company. If he carelessly say that HumaGear can go berserk on their own due to human malice in public, then people will start protesting to scrap all HumaGears and in the end ZAIA acquired Hiden Intelligence. So yes, something like this would still be some of the consequences that he and his company would face when revealing Gai's conspiracy.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Metal Cluster Hopper may be considered a power up but it is also a giant hinderance. Basically the key itself acts as like a car boot where Aruto is unable to remove the key nor can he scan any other key in so even if he had some control of his body nothing short of removing the driver will work.

On a separate note Fuwa’s ability to break things open with his bare hands seems to finally be of some use
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

The biggest BS in this episode is actually when the case "victim" girl at the end of the episode nodded to the guy implying that everything is now ok and they are getting back together as a couple. I mean, throughout these 2 episodes she was so adamant that the guy was really the culprit.

Bish annoyed me much more than submissive Yua to Mr. 1000%.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This episode was a nice climb in excitement, and although we're not out of this stumbling path that I feel the show has been on since this whole business with ZAIA started, I am a little more hopeful moving onward from here. Just to start, I really enjoyed that fight in the beginning between Shining Assault Hopper and Thouser, which was exactly the kind of clash I've been hoping for ever since Thouser first showed up.

The conclusion of the trial was cute, Bingo and Fuwa working together to pull of a classic last-minute reveal to the court. I might have had zero investment in our defendant, but it was at least entertaining enough to watch. But obviously the big thing that happened was the debut of Metal Cluster Hopper. There was a whole lot of spectacle involved, but I feel like I have to wait until next episode until I know exactly how I feel about the developments their hinting at. At this moment, I'm not clear of what Gai's intention was, but I'm interested in seeing how Aruto eventually uses this dangerous power from the Ark as a force for good. I mean I know he has to eventually, because he can't go relying on Fuwa ripping off his driver forever!

Preview is just strange-looking but honestly, they've all been at least a little strange lately.
Spoiler
It looks like there isn't going to be another competition. I'm still holding out hope something happens that ensures we finish that whole set-up early! Also Valkyrie finally transforms again. Also holding out hope that once this ZAIA-focused arc is over, Yaiba and the Metsubojinrai riders can get some desperately needed focus...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good episode. The fight at the beginning was pretty good. Again, the weakest part is Gai to be honest. I understand wanting to brick the Zero-One system, but surely you don't make a progrise key that's so powerful it curbstomps you with CGI. Did like the uniqueness of MCH though, I was worried it would be a straight Hazard berserk rip off. Really enjoyed Fuwa using his stupid strength to yank the driver off Aruto to cancel the transformation.

The end of the case was good, if not easily predictable. I did like how the prosecutor had it in the bag but demanded a retrial anyway. And Fuwa walking in with the detective after clearly hitting him in the face was great. Honestly, this show is much better when Fuwa is actually allowed to do stuff.

So now the main characters know that Gai developed the Ark. I can't help but feel that this revelation would have more impact if we the audience didn't already know about it for 6 weeks.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

From the preview:
Spoiler
Will the marriage arrangement service advertisement be: "Our Humageers are fully functional and schooled in a variety of techniques!"?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I would absolutely marry a Humagear.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

kevinlafriday wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:53 am The biggest BS in this episode is actually when the case "victim" girl at the end of the episode nodded to the guy implying that everything is now ok and they are getting back together as a couple. I mean, throughout these 2 episodes she was so adamant that the guy was really the culprit.

Bish annoyed me much more than submissive Yua to Mr. 1000%.
Really? I didn't interpret it like that at all. I thought it was more of a "I'm sorry" and an acknowledgement that they can never go back to the way they were.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

As far as transformations go, Metal Cluster Hopper scared the crap out of me. It was just so unnerving to see Aurto get swallowed by darkness and engulfed in a swarm of metallic grasshoppers.

Then there were the screams...and the red/black Kanji...*shivers* What were those characters anyway? As a guess, I assume they were words like malice, destroy, anger and stuff like that.

Gai's endgame makes absolutely no sense. Honestly, the only way I can see this ending is with Yaiba stabbing him in the back by sending the recording footage to AIMS. Also, hate that I called the Cybercrimes guy out as being the Raider, though I will say that his reasoning did tie the episode up quite nicely.

Horobi having a breakdown explains why he's still a character. Eventually, Fuwa or Aruto will have to let him go (since he's still part of the intro Riders)

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”