Ryusoulger 45 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:14 am

★★★★★
15%
★★★★
38%
★★★
38%
★★
8%
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 45 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.43 / 5 (7 votes)

Alt Title: My Lightsaber!

Was an enjoyable enough episode, but it feels too late to bolt a plot onto this story.

And as we enter the final few weeks, I have to ask, were they ever originally going to bring Ui into the main plot of the story, or was she always going to be on the side, like Kimmy Gibbler on Full House? Like why was she in this show at all, the Ryusoulgers could have just hung out with grandpa Set for the whole thing, which is what they did anyway.

Notes:

-WTF, the Ryusouls are next door neighbors with Hellas?

-Wow, straight from a bad joke to the opening sequence...

-I wish Koh burned Ui's dad to a crisp. Just make the last chapter of Ryusoul super dark

-Those random monster battles up to now? Just all a part of Pricious plan to have the Ryusoul Calibur pulled out. Totally didn't make that up just now to tie the story together for the last arc.

-"I knew I had to stop Pricious' plan. So I hollowed out Saden and got in like a Tauntaun."

-That shot of the Druidons 8 minutes in. In a better show those shadows would be upcoming commanders or notable monsters of the week in the past. In this, it's just Tankjou and slime guy since we didn't create any memorable monsters

-If the heart means Saden is still alive... then Wizard could be...?

-Leave it to Asuna's master planning to come up with "let's pull out the roots like a plant"

-Whoa, Star Wars moment. Koh, why not use that opportunity to just kill Pricious? I guess Saden not only is easily skinned, but the inside of his head makes anyone wearing it sound like him.

-I see they managed to get Bamba to remove his shirt. Finally, some good decisions

-Green and Black definitely won the best roll call of the episode
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 45 released

Post by Lunagel »

I like how 300 years ago Master Black is wearing a button-up shirt and leather biker jacket.

Sure Koh, we "just defeat Heras" yeah what a brilliant plan, I wonder why no one ever thought of it before. Next series can we get a Red that doesn't have the attention span of a goldfish?

I see Bamba managed to lose his shirt again. And I'm okay with that.

What was supposed to be the whole "big reveal" with the origins of Pricious VS the Ryusoul tribe that they hyped up? Just that Pricious has been a dick for 300 years? I mean we knew that guys, give us something more interesting.

3 episodes to go, hallelujah.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, the sponsor bit did hint that we'd learn some big dark secret behind the history of the two tribes, but we never do. Everything just feels so made up on the spot without any foresight into how it fits into a larger world-building or plot.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Bless Bamba's shirt ripping. Someone on staff is looking out for us...

...BECAUSE THE WRITER SURE ISN'T. This was almost painful in its last minute rushing. Where do I even start?

> Why did Saden's body explode inside his armor, allowing Master Black to wear him? (When this has never happened to any other Druidon ever, including Saden's body double Wuden!?)
> Kleon up and vanishing in the story's climax (though I'm holding out for Kleon and Wiseru's triumphant return)
> Master Black insisting he needs to see Set, when the only exchange they had was "Are you Set? Yes? There's no way to beat Heras? OK cool"

Actually, the only thing that might make sense is Pricious' """plan""" to have the Ryusoulgers remove Ryusoul Calibur for him. If you phrase it as "Druidons fighting to rightfully reclaim the Earth forces the Ryusoulgers into a corner to pull out the sword, thus freeing Heras" then it kinda aligns. Freeing Heras == reclaiming the Earth in the name of the Druidons, eventually. Sorta.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

WIth all this talk about shirtless Bamba, how did it get ripped? It just kinda happened.

I actually liked this episode. It's a shame that the plot is getting enjoyable now after being boring for so long. Koh cutting off Pricious arm and being smug about it was a genuinely great moment and probably the only enjoyable Koh moment in the show.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

I like having the sponsor blirb in the episode. That was nice.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well I officially have no clue what's going on. There's setting up cliffhangers, and then there's the ending of this episode, where the writers are purposely withholding information and trying to confuse us. It's certainly effective. Though it remains to be seen whether the writers have any more of an idea about what's going on than we do.

Given last week's episode, I think I was expecting a bit more out of this episode in terms of exposition. We did get Master Black confirming he's a mole, but the timeline on the Ryusoul Calibur stuff is kind of funky. Why was Pricious running around 300 years ago in particular, when the rest of the Druidons have been AWOL for millions of years? And how does that sword weakening factor into all of this? We're kind of at a stage where we know what happened, but don't have a full explanation as to why it happened.

Ahh, and shirtless Bamba.:lol: All I can do is laugh at that. At least someone is making sure there's eye-candy for the mama-sans.

This episode also got a much better helmetless roll call than 43. No weird CGI backgrounds this time; we get a proper fight & call, as it were.:)
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:14 am And as we enter the final few weeks, I have to ask, were they ever originally going to bring Ui into the main plot of the story, or was she always going to be on the side, like Kimmy Gibbler on Full House? Like why was she in this show at all, the Ryusoulgers could have just hung out with grandpa Set for the whole thing, which is what they did anyway.
At least to me, it always seemed obvious that she and Tatsui(?) were meant to be a comedy duo. Him playing off of her neurotic tendencies, and her off of his old-timey ways. With a proper, heartfelt drama moment thrown in from time to time (the mother) to give the characters some levity.

But of course, since she's no longer on the show, he's been the sole comedy relief.
-That shot of the Druidons 8 minutes in. In a better show those shadows would be upcoming commanders or notable monsters of the week in the past. In this, it's just Tankjou and slime guy since we didn't create any memorable monsters
I was thinking the same thing. This is the end of the series, not the start of it. There isn't any need to keep the monsters veiled. I half-expect they were just in a hurry there and it wouldn't be worth the time to assemble a "proper" collection. But still, it's a glaring omission.
-If the heart means Saden is still alive... then Wizard could be...?
The show certainly seems to be giving us a hard shove in that direction...
Lunagel wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:53 pm Sure Koh, we "just defeat Heras" yeah what a brilliant plan, I wonder why no one ever thought of it before. Next series can we get a Red that doesn't have the attention span of a goldfish?
As nice as it would be, I fear that the goldfish is the new norm. Even LupinRed was a bit of a fish. :?
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:45 am WIth all this talk about shirtless Bamba, how did it get ripped? It just kinda happened.
Let's go with "it was incinerated in the explosions." :twisted:

Though for an honest answer, we don't actually get to see that. Once the fight moves to Bamba, his shirt is already ripped open, only after which we get him yelling about letting go and the ripping fabric sound effect.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:58 pm she and Tatsui(?)
For clarification, Tatsui is their family name. Dad's name is Naohisa
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing is that nobody elses shirt was ripped.

I wonder if there was another scene where it happened in battle that they cut and couldn't redo the big battle.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Reubs1
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Reubs1 »

Am I the only one who noticed the call-back to Timeranger with Master Black's henshin pose?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, good catch!

Made these as proof:
https://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/190819496261
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

5 star on this episode, mainly because of shirtless Bamba. Wondering why can't he and Koh switch place as Red and Black respectively?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That really would solve so many of this series's problems...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 pm The thing is that nobody elses shirt was ripped.

I wonder if there was another scene where it happened in battle that they cut and couldn't redo the big battle.
You might be right about cut scenes. Sakamoto episodes in particular tend to end up with more fighting footage than they have time to use, judging from some of the directors cuts we've received over the years.

Still, at the end of the day it's simple fan service. Best not to overthink it.
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 pm Ooh, good catch!

Made these as proof:
https://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/190819496261
Oh wow. The side angle completely threw me off. I didn't even recognize it.
Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:22 pm That really would solve so many of this series's problems...
Eh, the lousy writing and uneven plot progression would remain. But otherwise, yeah, I can't exactly disagree. Bamba's actor is clearly incredibly talented, at least as far as being a strong, stoic type goes.

I may not miss anything else about this series, but I'm going to miss Bamba, especially pragmatic, murder-happy Bamba. :lol:

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”