KR Zero-One 23 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:51 am

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 23 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.25 / 5 (20 votes)

Alt Title: The locusts are coming

Still a 4/5, but this is the first Zero-One that I feel like I've enjoyed without some caveat in a while. I dunno what the main writer dude's deal is, but some of the decisions are just strange. Like why wait till this episode to explain what Metal Cluster's downside is, instead of having Yaiba explain it when she makes it in the previous episode?

My only disappointment was the lost potential of it exploring a human/robot relationship. But honestly, Toei probably would have fucked that up, so it's probably best that they stuck to kid's stories. I mean, this series isn't exactly Blade Runner or Westworld.

Glad we got more Komiya in this episode!

I know Humagears are like super strong slave people, but do they have sass? Because Izu and Match are pretty darn sassy!

My notes:
-Are those phones from Hiden Intelligence? I think Hiden has your personal data, dudes
-Okay, we're getting some jokes. I'm liking this new writer already. This is more dialogue from Yaiba than we've had in like 10 episodes.
-Oh my God, we get a Rushing Cheetah too?!
-Huh, how did I miss that the AIMS pistol doubles as the buckle for the belt?
-Whoa, what? Match, that's not a human full of malice. Hiden Intelligence really are putting out a faulty product...
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 23 released

Post by Xirix »

This episode was dumb silly humour and I loved it, especially that Izu just apparently knows the worst of the swear words. Aruto should have really listened though, he should have expected Gai to just show up by now, so he could have left him to clean up, rather than get himself horribly corrupted by malice for the third or fourth time.

Glad we got to see some Yaiba fighting too, even if it was fairly brief, it feels like it's been a while.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Is Yaiba like, Gai's personal life assistant? Why is she attending what should by all intents be a personal meeting and introducing him?

Why is Aruto not more angry with Gai, considering Gai was the one who forcefully inserted the Metal Cluster key in his belt last time (and apparently bricked the belt)? Aruto doesn't even need to know where the key came from, he just knows that Gai is the one who thrust it on him.

Match is good at least. I was also hoping for some words on a human/Humagear relationship but I guess their word was "no." I bet they had fun filming together again.

That slap wasn't malice at all. The Ark is really on a hair-trigger I guess. But also somehow Match's personality/job was so deeply embedded that even upon death he was helping to pair them up.

Well, I like how Metal Cluster sends out the locusts and it retracts from the armor. I want to draw the immediate parallel to Iron Man mk. 50's nanites, but I suppose it's not a super hard idea to come up with on your own.

Gai getting his ass kicked feels good even one episode later.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Is Yaiba like, Gai's personal life assistant? Why is she attending what should by all intents be a personal meeting and introducing him?

I don't know, but that entire scene is hilarious to me

>That slap wasn't malice at all. The Ark is really on a hair-trigger I guess. But also somehow Match's personality/job was so deeply embedded that even upon death he was helping to pair them up.

Yeah, the generous interpretation is Match did that on purpose to force her childhood friend to save her, but that feels like some real 3D chess moves

>Well, I like how Metal Cluster sends out the locusts and it retracts from the armor. I want to draw the immediate parallel to Iron Man mk. 50's nanites, but I suppose it's not a super hard idea to come up with on your own.

It was nanobots all along!
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

About the slap I mean we have to keep in mind Chiharu suffers from Damsel In Distress syndrome. She’s been shown as someone who is completely shallow and vein only wanting a man who fits the definition of “Prince Charming”

On a different note though does achieving singularity means that all semblance of chill just goes out the window? I mean Is was just straight up brutal this episode calling out Aruto’s lack of love life and outing Gai’s actual age during the date. I understand Match is very blunt but I felt every insult he gave Gai about his personality and especially when he went on that 20 second rant about Chiharu’s love life
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!

Post by DeMatgic »

Haven't watched the episode yet but hearing that Gai gets verbally abused gives me life. Will be back in half an hour.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I think that this is the first episode that wasn't written by the main writer. It might be why it's a touch more fun than the last 6 or so?

So this isn't part of the contest, which means it gets stretched out more. Yay.

For fuck sake Aruto. Izu said that they had an update to prevent this from happening. Install it already!

Match was pretty cool.
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!

Post by DeMatgic »

Watching Thouser get physically abused also gives me life. Yaiba also gets a lot more action in this one episode than the past 6 episodes and I really like that, but she really needs to reconsider her priorities in regards to Gai. And in general, considering how quickly she switched targets from the Raider to Zero-One. You've seen what Metal Cluster is capable of, why would you try to attack him? Be glad that Fuwa showed up in time to save your ass.

None of the Humagears have any chill this episode and it's great. Even Siesta got in on it with her bluntly stating why Vice Prez Fukuzoe and Yamashita are there instead of just watching them. I audibly gasped when Match went on that string of expletives, I did not expect that in a kid's show. Granted, they were incredibly censored, but how does Izu know all of those things?

Considering he's a matchmaker, I'm of the belief that he intentionally connected to Ark after getting slapped, considering Teru didn't immediately reenter in his Raider form and him saying Best Match in their direction before exploding. He was well aware of the friend's feelings for Chiharu and that single slap should not have set him off if he wasn't doing it on purpose. Speaking of, I like that the fight between Match and Teru became them against Zero-One as soon as Aruto transformed, and them kind of just lying there watching Thouser try to fight him was a cherry on top because it was like they knew they were out of their league.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

ZOMFG, I don't think I've lawled so hard and so much at a TV show in almost a month, 5/5 for me my friends. Pooooooooooooooor Yaiba, it took all of her self control to not burst out laughing at the comments Match made about Mr. 1,000%. I also literally said, "WTF!?!?!?" at the heart shaped explosion that came from Match. AND OF COURSE Ebii bitch slapping Match is what made me go evil because WYNAUT!?!?!?!?!? xD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:27 pm I think that this is the first episode that wasn't written by the main writer. It might be why it's a touch more fun than the last 6 or so?
The break is certainly welcome, although there's been some other writers here and there

Kakehi Masaya did 5-7 (manga, voice actor, PE teacher), and 10-11 (Oowada Shinya arc)

And Sanjou Riku (the drive guy) did ep 12-13 with Izu's detective brother

Takano Minato is new to me, but I liked what he did with this episode. He's doing next week's too so let's hope he keeps the mojo going.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:51 am I know Humagears are like super strong slave people, but do they have sass? Because Izu and Match are pretty darn sassy!
"Hello! I am Russell Clark, senior editor of Sassy magazine, and today we are here to find out what makes humageers so ... sassy. I am here with Match and Izu."

Match and Izu bow.

"Now Match, what makes you so sassy?"

"Humageers are not sassy."

"But, you looked at my match potential and said I was a shallow vapid narcissist who could only be happy with a verbally abusive male." Russell Clark smiles. "VERY sassy."

"That is just part of my programming, designed to help my clients realize who their best match is."

Russell Clark makes loving eyes at Match.

Match looks uncomfortable. "Shouldn't you talk to Izu as well?"

Russell Clark snaps out of it. "You're right. Izu, what makes you so sassy?"

"I am a humageer designed to help company president Aruto. If I do anything that superficially seems sassy it's only because I am trying to help Aruto out."

"That's not what I heard. I heard that you are tall cool drink of sassy."

"^&*&^&*& off, *&%$ worm!"

"Oh, I think I just stepped in a huge pile of sassy! Well, that's all for this week, this is Russel Clark!"
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Whoa there Match, you kiss your mother with that mouth and where'd you learn that kinda language. Oh wait nevermind it was Izu and Izu, you been watching jerry Springer to know that stuff?

Compared to the last few episodes, sure feels fun to watch. Match, I like the guy even if the use of best match kinda bored me somehow. Kinda suck that a slap in the face equal malice to humagear but ehh. Someone needs to fix that software patch if a simple slap can cause magears to show
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Seeing Valkyrie fight again was nice. Crossing my fingers not only for them to not resume that whole competition nonsense after next week, but also for Yaiba to eventually feel like a relevant character again once we've moved past ZAIA stuff.

Anyhow this episode was fine, although kinda strange. We have a one-off story about a former bride, matchmaking humagear and jealous penguin raider, which was plenty amusing in it's own right. In the middle of it was Aruto being menaced and also being a menace with the Metal Cluster Hopper key. While I don't think the latter could have supported a whole episode on it's own, mixing it with as silly a story as the former was certainly a bold choice. I don't think it not works but it going from one to the next within quick succession is definitely surreal.

Highlight for me was Vulcan pulling off that slick move to grab the buster from Zero-One, blasting him, followed by Valkyrie flying in to pluck out the key.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

And history repeats itself, seens like fuwa don't have side effect after using assault wolf anymore
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Cross wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:04 am And history repeats itself, seens like fuwa don't have side effect after using assault wolf anymore
Probably Ark and Metsubojinrai.net item acknowledge him as the user. Wait, it is planned by ZAIA so Gai could have Yua put restriction for receiving side effect remotely, maybe

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”