Ryusoulger 48 Finale Released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:18 pm

★★★★★
6%
★★★★
63%
★★★
13%
★★
6%
13%

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 48 Finale Released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 4.27 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Count up your cliches!

Don't forget to vote for the series rating and join the series overall discussion thread and series poll

So everyone gets to wear the cool vests, but only to pilot the mecha... Great?

Koh is stealing all the glory again even at the end

Koh!

Yes yes let's stretch out this moment as long as possible by shouting Koh

How is Koh talking to Heras in the after life? Is Heras god?

How does Koh keep coming back to life? I don't get it!

wtf, why does Pricious get to live?

Poor Towa, such an underdeveloped character

What the fuck was the point of the Elder?

So the Ryusoul tribe are living in the Assassin's mansion?

Where did these Ryusoul kids come from?

Wow, Ui is still alive

Wow, what a classy series. Let's end it by making the old man do a fall on a banana joke...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 48 Finale Released

Post by Lunagel »

Soooooooo.....

.........................?

Kleon is Heras? But of a different planet? Huh? Then what...? Why? How? I've never seen a loose thread so badly wrapped up before.

Man, those random scratches on Koh's face look like some kid went into his mother's makeup and put lipstick on his face.

Oh man, the Elder should not have shaved his beard off. He just looks like a cosplayer in a bad wig now.

Did Towa actually talk about traveling the world? I thought that was Koh? It's kinda hard to remember someone's very weak backstory when it was so long ago.

Thank you, effects guy for not including a shitton of sound effects that would require typesetting.

And Ui actually showed up! Yay? It's hard to think of a character in Sentai who has been more badly used than she was. I don't know if the actress had a relapse of whatever illness she had before (still unconfirmed why she didn't show up for like 10 episodes?) or if it was just like this from the start, but there was probably some sort of sub-plot with her and Set that just got completely thrown out the window halfway through.

Ultimately while the action and effects were stellar, the writing and characterization really dragged this show down. It's definitely on the bad side of average, only buoyed up by occasional flashes of amusing dialogue from Wiseru and Kleon.

/me bookmarks thesaurus page for "shiny"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

A big question that kept going through my head while watching this series was "What was the point of it?"

When Towa did his flash move, I thought "oh great, this is why Master Black told Bamba his brother was special" but that didn't go anywhere.

Why does Pricious get to live after all the destruction he caused?

So are Melto, Oto, and Ui's dad living together???

Really, where did all these Ryusoul kids come from? Why does their village people disappear after episode 1 and then all the people (at least the kids) come back for the finale?

Are we really not going to see gold guy get a wife after that's been his quest for the whole series? Come on!

Are they really not going to explain how Koh came back to life? We already have him coming back from the past in the movie. At least give some explanation for what's going on even if it's bs

At least there's no forced relationship between red and pink.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

No but it's looking like a forced one between pink and gold...
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Boo. Another finale with a lot of questions to ask the main writer.

Why can't they make good use of cameos? If the Ryusoulger succeed their mission, why can't Masters Red, Blue, and Pink appear as Force Ghosts to appreciate their efforts? Instead Koh gets to see the Force Ghost of Nada.

The Elder should be running his coffee shop not sitting at the Ryusoul village waiting for victory.

RyusoulGreen should be seeing his racing girlfriend, Kouda Saki, whom he met on ep 36. Even this thing is ignored?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No Sailor Mars or Jupiter cameo or even the masters' force ghosts at the end. Like we still have the masters on the wiki front page like they're main characters. They came back like once or twice at most?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

I updated the guest page on the wiki. Only Master Red came back 4 times. Blue came back once and Pink came back twice.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:K ... ger_Guests
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That page looks great, thatnks Decade

Hmm, looking at these guests, it's like the series was made for Luan. PGSM guests, Nagasawa Nao, and Sakata Rikako from Fourze. It's all your favorites luann!

Edit: Also Kiriko from W and Rinna from Drive and Taki Yukari from Ghost/Build and TimeBlack
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

This series was garbage. Like UTTER GARBAGE. You know how every now and then there's a Precure series that is just so bleh it's not worth watching. that's how i feel with this series. The only thing passable to me was Canalo but kind mad they didn't even give him a wife. Like they hint something might come from him and Pink but even that is a stretch.

I'm glad a new low has been set.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Aeikozz wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:00 pmThis series was garbage. Like UTTER GARBAGE. You know how every now and then there's a Precure series that is just so bleh it's not worth watching. that's how i feel with this series.
Ouch. I know the Precure franchise isn't flawless but I'd say that even the worst season of that is better than this thing. At least Precure attempts to be a show.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing that stood out to me the most this episode was Towa saying he wasn't going to lose anyone else, flashing green and rescuing them with super speed, only for Banba to comment on it and it never going anywhere. Summarises this entire show.

I guess the other thing that annoys me is that Wyzul and Kleon do fuck all. They don't explain how Wyzul survived and then he just accuses Kleon of being Heras from another planet. Except the Ryusoulgers knew about minosaurs from the start, so it was implied that the Druidons used them before. They just bring this shit up and do nothing about it. I did kind of enjoy the two of them kidnapping Pricious and forcing he/she (did we ever decide) to come on their intergalactic friendship adventure.

All in all, an ending episode I would have expected from this show. Did enjoy the subdued final roll call. Pity they didn't have the balls to keep Koh dead.

Also, did we ever find out why Ui's actress had to leave? She looked a little different when she appeared again and I wasn't sure if they were trying to hide the fact she was pregnant or something. Probably the most wasted character in all of Sentai.

Bring on GemCars. At least I get to hear Sugita every episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I did kind of enjoy the two of them kidnapping Pricious and forcing he/she (did we ever decide) to come on their intergalactic friendship adventure.

I thought we all agreed that Pricious was male? I think there was definitive proof a few episodes back, but hell if I can recall it

>All in all, an ending episode I would have expected from this show. Did enjoy the subdued final roll call. Pity they didn't have the balls to keep Koh dead.

As I thought, last week was the real ending

>Also, did we ever find out why Ui's actress had to leave? She looked a little different when she appeared again and I wasn't sure if they were trying to hide the fact she was pregnant or something. Probably the most wasted character in all of Sentai.

gasp?! pregnant?!
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I thought this was a really excellent ending. The big clash of the three mecha with all sorts of random parts crossed between them was fun (though it kinda further highlights my point that there was nothing stopping them from just having anyone pilot the darn things during any given episode), and I appreciated the ground battle for how different it was.

On top of taking our Red out of the action, thus leaving the rest of the team to save him, the little moment Koh has inside Heras felt really special. I don't have nearly as much attachment as the show clearly wishes I do, but the shots of past scenes appearing in the water surrounding Koh was well-done enough that it made me smile and focus on the parts of this show I've been most fond of, at least.

Stuff that I should question but don't really care enough about include whatever was going on with Towa, whatever they're implying with Kleon, everything about the non-ranger side-characters.

That said, the little epilogue was cute enough. Towa going on his journey while Banba is trying to be tough, Melto going on excavating adventures with Tatsui and Oto, Asuna teaching in a tribe school, Canalo... is just hanging around. I think I would have preferred if the very last shot of the show was Koh reaching the top of that mountain and smiling to Nada's silhouette, but the actual last shot was fine.

All in all, this finale and really the entire last stretch of the show has been better than I've expected from this show (which has always been just borderline decent). I'm not exactly going to miss anyone from this show, but the year spent with them has been alright.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i thought she was sick? She was preggers? wow.. that's crazy

Mama Ui! I wonder if she'll show the kid in the team up movie.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

This is why the internet is horrible for rumors.

UI'S ACTRESS WAS NOT PREGNANT, THIS IS JUST BASELESS SPECULATION

We don't actually know why she wasn't in so many episodes. There's nothing on her personal blog and no announcement by her agency (fairly common most of the time, they prefer to protect the actor's privacy). She was sick and hospitalized like a year or two ago and it's thought that she MIGHT have had a relapse but we don't know for sure.

NOT PREGNANT

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”