KR Zero-One 26 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 am

☆☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
22%
☆☆
11%
17%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 26 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.67 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: A hot episode this is not

I see we're back to Takahashi dumbness. So Yua corrupts the Humagear on live TV, but they only focus on the part where it goes berserk?

Or how about Zero-One using his dumb bear form before using his overpowered form that he needs anyway. Yeah he saves the Humagear, but why waste time with the freezing stuff?

The Progrise Blade looks super toy like from the wrong side

Why are people putting up with Thouser and his bullshit again?

The human firefighters have a right to be enraged though. Who programmed the Humagear to abandon a person once they're dead? Ridiculous

I don't undersatnd what the point of this is. A refresher course that human life is important for kids who didn't get that message?

A good drama is all about the conflict. Like if the Humagear has to choose between saving someone at the risk of dying versus someone who may potentially already be dead would be a good conflict. A Humagear going "Gee whizz, I didn't know you can revive people" for a fucking firefighter Humagear is bad writing for babies.

Humagears making amoral decisions or decisions that go beyond human morality is good conflict. Mr. 1000 telling Yua to slap a monster belt on the Humagear and making it a monster is dumb conflict. (Also we're back to giving Yua shit jobs)

Jin's back and... I guess we get some ambiguous hint of what he's doing next. Just the barest dribble of something interesting.

I just think the episode tries a bunch of ways to be funny, and they all sucked. Like not funny at all.

Please a guest writer soon. I'm tired of you, Takahashi!

On a more positive note, the shot of Tokyo is nice
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 26 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

The human firefighters gushing over the "female victims" was a nice touch.
Especially with the after-reactions for the "male victims"

Mr. 1000% that originally thought "cheating" was wrong, resorts to cheating... Yeah no surprise there at all. Cheaters gotta cheat.
But um... the firefighter did save lives, he just didn't save the one that didn't show signs of life... That doesn't take away from "humagears can't save lives."

And just wtf was that at the end? That was an awkward cut from Aruto saying "I'll show you humagears can save lives"/ Thouser close-up to... transition with Mr. 1000% out of the picture...

At first I thought they were going with a REAL situation of saving people, not a mock trial thing... But towards the end it did turn out to be a "real situation" and that's when the competition got REALLY stupid by Mr. 1000%, you don't use that situation to be played towards the competition, because now you're turning something that involves people's lives into a game... which shouldn't be a thing at all. SO Aruto has the right idea as well.

I guess I'm just getting really, really sick of Thouser essentially knowing that he'll lose the round if he doesn't slap on a belt to make the humager go berserk. And as takenoko pointed out, it's SHOWN that he slaps a belt on them to make them go berserk, but the media focuses on the berserk and not WHO caused it... BUT I guess that's how media works right? They show us what they want to show us (to influence) and at times not the whole truth behind the actual issue at hand.

BEST moment of the episode is right at the start... "Wah." - Izu That's all I need.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's the bad world building that is really frustrating. What's the point of all this?

The whole reason we're having the job competition is because Mr. 1000 is giving Aruto a fair chance to prove himself. He wants this moral victory.

So whenever Mr. 1000 starts cheating or undercutting the fairness of the competition, it basically cheapens any moral standing that he has and whatever point he's trying to make. And it's not laid out to make it seem like Mr. 1000 is getting desperate or that this is a slow reveal that he's just a shit overall. It just looks like bad writing to me with a character that has no consistency other than to be an amorphous antagonist for Aruto.

Sorry, if you don't have a good villain, you don't have a good story. MetsubouJinrai.net may be simple, but at least they're consistent with what the fuck they want
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

why waste time? to sell those toys my friend.

better yua have shit jobs vs ending up dead like all other female riders
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, stop me if you've heard this one, but I think Thouser might've been brainwashed.

He's acting *very* out of character, moreso than usual with your normal toku villains, and at the beginning of the episode, he makes a comment about 100% and even Yua looks at him like "Not 1000?" Jin's plan for liberating the Humagears hasn't been revealed yet, so is it possible it has something to do with the odd behavior of Thouser this episode?

I mean it's either that or the writer ingested a large dose of bullshit this episode. Which is not impossible.

/me adds another tick mark to the "Number of episodes without a decent Cheetah fight" board
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That'd be amazing if that's right. I wonder if you're giving the writer too much credit though...
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Can Jin control someone that's not a Humagear?

Agreed on all points above, otherwise. I liked Izu's "Wah!" (Aruto what are you teaching this poor girl?) and the VP's / Siesta's interactions. Otherwise big meh. First truly robot-like Humagear we've had in a while, too. Not very close to singularity it seems. I do like that Captain Homura's beef is more "you need to improve and respect life" rather than "Humagears are trash".

Tired of everyone (Aruto/Hiden, AIMS, the mass media) ignoring Gai's outright cheating and tampering.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

If people said something about Amatsu's actions throughout the episode, ZAIA could tell them to STFU. Because corporations, man.

Not impressed with the episode. Jin VS Fuwa round 2 was unnecessary.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The bad writing seems to be getting worse. I found the firefighter chief's actions during the crisis incredibly reckless. There were multiple people in the building that needed to be rescued. Stopping to administer CPR while in a burning building is not standard procedure. You put everyone at greater risk by delaying the evacuation. If a first responder gets injured or trapped, you now have one more person to rescue and one less person to help with the evacuation. That is why firefighters must prioritize their own well being before trying to rescue others.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I didn't realize that. That's a really good point. Too bad the conflict from the episode didn't revolve around that instead.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:14 pm The bad writing seems to be getting worse. I found the firefighter chief's actions during the crisis incredibly reckless. There were multiple people in the building that needed to be rescued. Stopping to administer CPR while in a burning building is not standard procedure. You put everyone at greater risk by delaying the evacuation. If a first responder gets injured or trapped, you now have one more person to rescue and one less person to help with the evacuation. That is why firefighters must prioritize their own well being before trying to rescue others.
What really bugged me was that the Humagear was just standing there while the firefighter was administering CPR. Just let him do as he wishes, save as many of the others as possible, as quickly as possible.

Thouser may have been brainwashed but I'm leaning towards how he has just become completely insane. He's lost it. His desire to win - no matter how moral the way he does that - is twisting his mind.

Also wtf Yua, what does he have on you? You clearly don't want to do as he says.
Behold the Emperor!
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Wow I'm so glad all the intriguing stuff about Metsubojinrai that was teased last episode is immediately taking a backseat so we can have more of these competitions between ZAIA and Hiden. And by glad I mean I hate it so much.

Like, I've never minded character-of-the-week/fortnight style episodes in Kamen Rider on principle, but these contests in particular have really soured the show for me. For one, I'm a hundred times more intrigued by anything happening that isn't the competition itself. Secondly, I don't like Thouser, at all. It's unbelievable that he can keep turning humagears berserk, going out of his way to attack humagears and Zero One, and all around being the most openly evil guy over and over again and yet nobody seems to care or does anything about it. I neither can nor want to suspend my disbelief on that. Aruto could have at least beat him up a bit more in this episode so I could feel better!

At this point, I'm convinced there has been no reason conceived for why Yua listens to the guy other than 'she is his employee despite obviously being against everything he is doing'. Even if they offer some kind of reasoning as soon as next episode, there's no way it will be anything planned in advance, assuming they ever give a reason ever. I mean, after last year with Woz, it is now fully possible for a main character's ambiguous situation to literally never be touched upon...

EDIT: And why doesn't Aruto just enter the burning building himself at the end?! I'm pretty sure he has like five different powers that will solve this situation.
Last edited by BreadToku on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Back to the contest bullshit.

The episode was okay, right up until Gai got Yua turn make the Humagear go berserk. Fuck I'm sick of him. He has no real charisma and is just unlikable, but not in a well written I hate this antagonist kind of way. Yua is also poorly written, surely she should have some reservations about being this underhanded.

The only part of the story I'm actually interested in is the revival of Jin, and we get almost nothing of that this week. His belt has cool sounds at least.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Still find it absolutely hysterical that Mr 1000% thinks he can beat Aruto without some form of power-up of his own. YOU'VE GOTTEN YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU FOUR TIMES NOW WITH THAT BROKEN PROGRISE KEY YOU GAVE HIM, YOU CAN'T BEAT HIM YOU DUMMY xD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I do like the idea that Gai is brainwashed (especially after he forgot his catch phrase). The only question is, who is doing the brainwashing? Naki?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”