What are your Corona fears, gripes, and needs for reassurance?

kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Re: What are your Corona fears, gripes, and needs for reassurance?

Post by kikaida »

takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am Wow, hope that you don't end up needing to do that, friend.
As far as a weapon is concerned, I thought about it years ago. I never bought one because I don't believe I could shoot to kill a person. I got a dog instead . . . From what I remember you live and work in the Bay Area. I'm not too far away in the same county as the state capital. You're now under the "Shelter In Place" order. That's currently the toughest in the country. I'm wondering how your position is considered "essential business or service provider" - aren't you an archivist or something?
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

kikaida wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:46 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 am Wow, hope that you don't end up needing to do that, friend.
As far as a weapon is concerned, I thought about it years ago. I never bought one because I don't believe I could shoot to kill a person. I got a dog instead . . . From what I remember you live and work in the Bay Area. I'm not too far away in the same county as the state capital. You're now under the "Shelter In Place" order. That's currently the toughest in the country. I'm wondering how your position is considered "essential business or service provider" - aren't you an archivist or something?
Well . . . it looks like I get to stay home too . . .
https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus ... 76226.html
Except it's being called "Stay At Home" rather than "Shelter In Place" . . . same thing . . . different name.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

The newly chosen government here announced on Monday that nationwide movement control order will start from 18 March (today) until 31 March. Not a curfew nor a lockdown but movement control order. Outbound and inbound travelers are not allowed anymore, interstate traveling is restricted. Essentials services are still running, supermarkets, banks, pharmacies are still open & people related to that services must go to work. Students & teachers will get extended holiday (they are on one week mid term holiday now). Most non-essentials workers have started work from home.

Panic buying is real and it sucks. It sucks more when the panicking started from unconfirmed and doctored poster circulated in WhatsApp.

Sadly we have confirmed first and second COVID19-death yesterday...
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:01 pm I don't understand the rationale behind 'If they work from home, they won't get anything done, so they should keep coming in despite the risk', only to backpedal a few days later.
No one does! The only logical explanation, as I said, is that our government firmly believes that public servants cost too much money for not enough profitable work, so it pisses them off to have to pay us for staying at home. But it's really in line with the liberal capitalism extremists we have in the French Government nowadays.

The Minister of Education told us on thursday morning (March 12) that schools would stay open, then the President made a speech on the same evening saying the exact opposite. We were told to wrap up our current lessons and send the kids home the next day with most of their school stuff so we could close schools the next monday (March 16). BUT they also told us that we had to come on a regular basis to work on our lessons and have school meetings. Then, on saturday March 14 the Prime Minister made a speech to say that working from home should be done whenever possible and to avoid meetings in public places : again, the exact opposite of what our Minister had told us.

Since Tuesday, March 17 we're in partial confinement, so that solves the problem. Some of us, volunteering and only if they live close to the schools, are still going in to care for the children of nurses and doctors. But before we came to that, the situation has been unclear and changing a lot.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I haven't been affected much since I am unemployed and introverted. However, I looked at the hours and traffic at my local Wegmans, and it seems like the optimal hour to try to get groceries tomorrow is 7AM-8AM. Hopefully there will not be a battle royale going on over half priced bento's.
ChastMastr
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Everything by Tsuburaya
Quote: Ore... sanjou! from Kamen Rider Den-O, my all-time favorite Kamen Rider series.

Post by ChastMastr »

Well, I'm 52 and diabetic; my partner is 60 (61 in 2 weeks), diabetic, COPD, and a heart valve, so he's in a much higher risk category.

I'm able to work from home (I teach at a small local college, and all classes are now online). My partner is on disability.

I think we have enough supplies for now, though of course I will need to make periodic grocery expeditions for perishables.

Unrelated, but we're currently following the original Kamen Rider and Ohranger on Tubi/Shout, Ultra Q on Blu-ray, and of course Ryousoulger (behind on it), Kiramager, and Kamen Rider Zero-One.

Thank you guys for this site, by the way--times like this are when it helps immensely to have refreshing entertainment and even inspiration. Heroes persevering during adversity is a very wise message right now. <3

David
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I am more suprised that people panic buy loafs of bread. I go yesterday evening there was not even one on the shelves. They only last 4 days and it never was finished before. I had to resort with buying wrap bread of wholemeal instead.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Thank you for writing in ChastMastr, I hope you and your partner stay safe.

If we can provide people with any sort of recreational distraction during these times, we'll be glad to provide that service!
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

here in indonesia

from country with 0 case now turned out to be the highest rate of death
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I'm alright. I was able to work this week before Gov. Newsom announced the lockdown. Starting next week, I'll be doing spreadsheets on who borrowed rental textbooks for this spring semester.

Mom gave me 4 rolls of toilet paper & some food last Sunday. I have corned beef & chicken. I'll make a run for the grocery store tomorrow for veggies.

I hope we can survive this.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
maryadavies
Go Go!
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by maryadavies »

As for this kittycat, we're fine. My sister has 'mune problems tho and one of my brothers that I live with has cancer, so I'm trying to be really careful.

Managed to get some hand sanitizer from a locally owned drugstore that is actually whomping it up; I'm going to use it when I go out. That includes the city buses; you guys may go "ARGH, don't!" but they are usually almost empty on a normal day, so I feel pretty safe riding those as long as I have some hand sanitizer. I'd feel better if I could do a JP thing and wear a sick mask too, but you can't find surgical masks anywhere, and I need to get stuff/donate plasma so I can buy stuff. There hasn't been one confirmed case in my area either, so I'm proly okay as long as I don't ride MARTA into Atlanta, which I won't.

I just read that Gamestop thinks they need to stay open (WTF?) which makes me think they are dumb. Go mail order you idiots. As it is, I don't buy most of my games from there...And you'd better believe I'm not going to buy any more from 'em if I can help it. (I mostly use amazon for games)

Anyway been playing a lot of offline games, catching up on my backlog, some PSO BB on Ephinea (come join me!) and FFXIV (I play on Excalibur), as well as anime and toku. ^^ For those who like social, I strongly suggest you look into a mmo or two for the duration or organize some online gaming; Social distancing doesn't mean you can't be social, just do it over the internet!
My Backloggery
Never forget where you've been...
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:00 pm If we can provide people with any sort of recreational distraction during these times, we'll be glad to provide that service!
On that note, has the production of the shows been affected in any way?
Last edited by msf232 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There hasn't been any announcement, but I doubt there would be. Hard to say what will happen without insider information.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think Toei films a few months in advance, so hopefully there's a good backlog
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I know the new Precure film (Miracle Leap: Strange day with everyone) had to be postponed but, that's as much as I've heard myself.

Return to “Off Topic”