KR Zero-One 28 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:01 am

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 28 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.21 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Yua, she does jackal

I kind of enjoyed this episode. I thought the rapping and the politics would be annoying, but it's not bad.

Because Fuwa and Yaiba are doing stuff. I think the revelation that Fuwa has a chip in his brain is kind of ridiculous though.

I don't know if this will be used again, but Yaiba's Jackal form is pretty cool.

Checkitout's depiction I feel nervous about commenting on. It's like he's praised for being a stereotypical black man, and he's damned for being a stereotypical black man.

Jin messing with Fuwa was cool at the end.

Overall it felt like a more lighthearted episode while stuff still moved forward at least a little bit? 4 out of 5 stars
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: KR Zero-One 28 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

That chip in the brain Gai spoke of reminds me of that guy Luke Gibson who got his chip implanted by the company from the 2009 DVD movie, Hardwired (which I watched that as part of the assignment in college days).

SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Okay, so I still really dislike Mr. 1000% and pretty much just want him dead at this point. But the slight twist that Yua/Fuwa got a chip in their heads... errr there's a part of me where I'm like,w hen they "applied" for the job, were they put under to actually have said chip inserted? If not, then that just seems to be a pretty dumb twist.

As for the debate thing... Come on now... "Editing of fake footage", pull that crap back on the Politician, that HE edited footage. I mean understood that most of his people are ZAIA staff (so they'd lie anyway) there's easy ways around that to prove that he was bribed.

Still a pretty good episode compared to most of the other competition ones.

Best moment is "Rapper Izu". Seriously it's the little things like that that make this show so worth watching (even if it's just for a few seconds)
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Okay so I had my suspicions that Yua was being controlled by Gai last week, and now we know both have AI chips and both can be hacked.... yeah.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Does anyone else feel like Fuwa being the last MetsubouJinrai member feels like a feint? They're hinting at it too much, it feels heavyhanded.

Yaiba would make more sense for being hacked. It'd give her something more to do, and it'd explain why they'd have access to the Raidrisers, which Fuwa wouldn't have. The fourth member is also female, isn't it?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

How wonderful. The new episode also came with the announcement of the P-Bandai exclusive DX RaidRiser with Yua's new Progrise Key.

Oh. Trying to remake Daybreak, eh??

Of course, thanks to Mr. Checkitout going insane, the humans start accentuating the negatives of the humagears & side with ZAIA. Corporations, man.

FINALLY, Horobi is back. I do wish he got a new Progrise Key, maybe something from the Pulmonoscorpius kirktonensis/the "Breathing Scorpion".

This is a nice episode, but I'm not comfortable with Fuwa being a manchurian agent.
Spoiler
It's possible that through usage of the Assault Wolf key & resulting connection with the Ark, the Ark has new eyes through Fuwa's chip. This may also have given Horobi a experience boost in that he can anticipate Gai's attacks because said attack patterns were successful in defeating Fuwa.

It's also possible that data of the mysterious hooded figure/Naki was able to upload itself into Fuwa's chip, allowing neural control of Fuwa...

Yeah, someone surgically remove those chips.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Yeah I dunno about Fuwa being the cloaked person, mostly because I'm pretty sure it was a woman, did it not speak with a woman's voice when giving a raidriser to someone at some point? This could easily be Jin just messing with him, or maybe there's multiple cloaked people, who knows at this point.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

This is surprising, you finished the subbing ahead of Genm and Overtime.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Who?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:02 pmWho?
I think he meant the other subbing group.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

"Groups." Plural.

Marzarret was referring to the fact that it's been months since the last time TV-Nihon was done before either Over-Time or Gemn Corp (just barely ahead of Over-Time this time). And IIRC that time was the first time in several years they were ahead of either/whichever one was subbing KR at the time (Over-Time and Gemn don't often both sub the same KR series at the same time).
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

XerBlade wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:38 pm "Groups." Plural.

Marzarret was referring to the fact that it's been months since the last time TV-Nihon was done before either Over-Time or Gemn Corp (just barely ahead of Over-Time this time). And IIRC that time was the first time in several years they were ahead of either/whichever one was subbing KR at the time (Over-Time and Gemn don't often both sub the same KR series at the same time).
Exactly what I mean.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Never heard of 'em
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fuck this arc. Gai keeps getting away with such bullshit just because the plot demands it.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

This wasn't too bad. But honestly, what's the point of Fuwa fighting Thouser? He knows he's outclassed so why pull Gai to the side? So he could get whipped again?

The chip explains a few things, but it feels a little like an ass pull. I mean, how on earth do you not know that a chip is implanted into your brain?

Thouser vs MCH was good as Thouser was backed by public opinion. This brings me to the problem of the overall competition. THIS is the Gai that should have been presented to us. The CEO that has public support. The CEO that has politicians in his pocket. He's untouchable because the public loves him and the govt backs him. THIS is what comes with being a dangerous smug character. He's cunning because of his abilities, not because everyone else is stupid. And it makes it all the more cathartic when he FINALLY goes down.

That being said, Horobi and Jin are much, MUCH more interesting. I will be glad when ZAIA finally gets out of the way so they can take center stage again.
Marzarret wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:21 pm This is surprising, you finished the subbing ahead of Genm and Overtime.
This surprised me too.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”