KR Zero-One 29 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
12%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 29 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.64 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Remember, you're just a ZAIA tool

Man, remember when this show was fun? The fight scene and intro was good, but the rest of the episode was terrible. The bad writing just makes the rest of the show not fun to watch and it's really a bummer.

Yaiba's literally been reduced to a monster of the week. Does it matter if she's being controlled or not? Even if she were, why didn't she have the willpower to break out of it like Fuwa? Whether a slave by mind control or choice, her character has been ruined.

We've unceremoniously dumped last week's story to watch emo Aruto, emo Fuwa, and no personality Yaiba deal with cartoon villain Gai.

What was the outline for this week's story? "Stop everything and make sure Fuwa gets a cool upgrade"?

I hope the new chapter brings a breath of fresh life to this series, but since it's the start of the episode 30s, when a lot of stories drag, I dunno. I'm kind of skeptical with this main writer...

The number of times "tool" (道具) appears in the Japanese captions: 19
Look, I'm obviously not a great writer. The only reason why I'd be approaching a point of being good is thanks to people giving me feedback and helping me. But here's what I think. If there's a concept or word I want viewers to pay attention to, I'd use it, hmmmm, maybe 3-4 times, an introduction, one or two times to reinforce the idea, and then a conclusion/thesis line. Maybe even 1-2 times if I want to be subtle, introduce it and then capitalize on it.

19 fucking times many.

Just for fun, here's the captions for KyuuRanger episode 29. I looked up Lucky and it also appears 19 times. The difference here is that Lucky is also a character's name, and one of them is just to mark his line. So actually only spoken 18 times.

I know this is a totally arbitrary way to judge a person's writing style, but it really makes you think.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 29 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

So Mr. 1000% has a good track record of giving his enemy/"tool" an upgrade that is meant to "corrupt" them/make stronger to defeat Zero... but in the end, he ends up just giving them a way to beat his ass! [Which I'm all for]

I still feel absolutely nothing for Yaiba, no idea what she'll do to get the viewers to "feel for her" but when it happens, I highly doubt it'll do much for me. "I'm not a tool" good for you, now do something about it, going towards Mr. 1000%'s wishes isn't necessarily helping your case, even if it's of your "own free will."

But with the "New Chapter" I do hope things get better, since we have the whole competition thing settled and done with.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I'm kinda sad Professor K didn't come back in some form. He was amazing, even if he was a bit too much Persona 5 and not more Jet Grind Radio.

Ahh Fuwa... I actually enjoyed his performance this week. It's just soo nice to see Mr 1000% get his ass whupped.

Don't hurt Izu!!!! Protect Izu!!

I'm calling Kamen Rider Izu before the end of this series.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Ah I see, my query from last week about how the person Fuwa is ment to be was clearly a woman is answered basically immediately, his AI chip has a female voice, and is the missing fourth MetsubouJinrai member, fair enough.

Also seems I was right about Yua not overly being at Gai's side by her own will, so that's nice. Maybe we can murder Gai soon and get Yua freed.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

even brainwashing and mind controlling 2 people and admiting do that on OPEN SPACES for everyone listen, one of them being a law officer....gai still dont have any problems with that stupid contest, hiden aquisition etc...

i like 01 overall but i truly hate everything about gai/zaia

also....another upgrade created....zaia being pwned again for this new upgrade...even this is brainless...
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Looking forward to watching this episode.

*looks at the calendar*
:wink:
Spoiler
Will there be a 4.1 release? Hoping it'll be for Zero-One :D
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This is the second time Gai has made an upgrade that has handed him his ass. Rampaging is pretty dope. I did like how Fuwa just raged over his chip to stop it for the moment. I did actually enjoy his fight with Yaiba. Like he realises she's acting against her will (or not, it's kind of hard to tell) and wants to help her.

Other than that. Shit. MCH should be able to shit all over Thouser and is only ever as strong as the plot needs it to be. He shouldn't struggle against Thouser and a Raider.

In addition to this, not only does Hiden lose, it's done at the start of the episode anticlimactically and then we deal with Fuwas plot until the end? This arc was a huge waste of time and this writing is suffering from the same shit that Ex-Aid did.

Toei. Don't give Takahashi any more gigs. He sucks.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Going on the record and saying this now: Nature determined that humans are either born male or female, so I don't buy into that non-binary/opinionated gender stuff and will ALWAYS refer to humans by their biological pronouns. If you wish to debate with me on this topic, I'll gladly make a separate forum thread in the Off-Topic section. With that being said:

The A.I. being implanted in their heads does raise some ethical and real world concerns for me (Elon Musk was talking about something similar last year and I am still against it) but it does help explain why Fuuwa was chasing after Naki only to return in Assault Wolf a few episodes back. That being said, I don't like how Naki isn't in her own body yet and I am interested in the growing fissure between Jin and Horobi. Jin wants freedom for all, while Horobi wants freedom under the Ark's will. It's interesting seeing both of them having similar objectives, but different methodologies or dogmas on how they want to achieve it. Looking back, this feels like how Future Rider Kikaida arc in Zi-O would've started had it become it's own series.

Oh Gai. At first I saw you as a threat. Now I see you as a tool to give everyone but yourself an upgrade simply because you are too arrogant for your own good.

Still waiting for the reasoning why Yaiba is a corporate slave. It was something that has been hinted at for this entire second arc, yet there is still no solid exposition. Also, I'm banking on there being a fifth MetsuboJinrai.Net (which I recently found out is an actual website) member, considering that Naki is currently being used to influence/control Fuuwa. Though if he can simply rage/will himself free from Naki, who/what the hell is in Yua's head? I'm putting my money down now that Yaiba dies after liberating herself from Zaia or rebelling against Gai. Actually, I'd also like to bet that -through the power of Deus Ex Machina (and Gai's idiocracy)- she gets possessed by Ark and starts the destruction hinted at in the opening.

Vulcan has had the absolute coolest, testosterone raising transformations this season and I am not mad at that. First he transforms by punching a bullet, now he just walks through the bullets? That is the most bad-ass thing I've ever seen! Loving the new form too. Something about the way Vulcan has been designed just sings to my inner warrior. His fight with Yaiba in her Jackal Raider armor was quite serviceable, including that one armed gorilla swing he did. Side note: did you intentionally leave out whatever transformation line the belt said after he transformed? I can hear some chatter, but understand if it's too distorted to actually warrant any typesetting.

I won't lie: kinda wanted a shot with Izu's skirt exposing that Humagear booty of her's when Fuuwa was transforming. I think I need to lay off watching Ishuzoku Reviewers for awhile.

All in all, this was a great close to the second arc and I can't wait for episode 30 to be released. Things are heading towards a huge climax for Reiwa's first Rider, and I am all buckled up for this ride.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

FangTrigger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:30 pm Going on the record and saying this now: Nature determined that humans are either born male or female, so I don't buy into that non-binary/opinionated gender stuff and will ALWAYS refer to humans by their biological pronouns. If you wish to debate with me on this topic, I'll gladly make a separate forum thread in the Off-Topic section.
It's not a debate, it's other people's lives and it's none of your business. Is this a hate thing? A power thing? Do you know anyone who is nonbinary? Cause you're just shitting on people and hurting them for no reason by having an ignorant attitude. You could have totally kept this to yourself and just stuck to talking about the episode.

What you did just now would be the same as a racist person going "I think race X is bad because genetics".

No, we're not having a debate about that on this forums. I don't want the stress of moderating it. Keep that kind of hateful politics off the forums or take a ban.

Edit: If you guys want to discuss this amongst yourselves you can PM each other. Maybe I should be using this opportunity as a learning experience for FangTrigger, but I'm kind of okay saying these forums support gay/lesbian/trans/asexuals/nonbinary people and that's the end of that. In short, no one should be making fun or looking down on any other board member for being who they are.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

The weird part about ThousandDriver is that it only works with Break Horn as the right side key to say perfect rise, any other keys said Progrise. So yeah, Gai is never going to evolve regardless of what key he used. But what is the purpose of giving someone else, an enemy of all people, a powerup? So they can kick your arse as much until very satisfied.

But I will admit, Aruto loses 3 out of 5 mainly because the first, second and fifth competition has to do with aspects of business. Presenting perfect and flawless products, achieving profit margin and dominating support from public/customers in market. And Aruto definitely lacks experience, and knowledge to put it off since he and Gai was like 23 years apart in working experience in the same field. So, ex president didn't use Zero One Driver to expand his knowledge, was that even illegal to do? You are in an emergency and need to save time. Gamers cheats using codebreakers and all not because entirely they are lazy but to save time in gathering materials, like Kingdom Hearts series for example.

By the way, I just realised Izu's pants asymmetrical, like Jin upper clothing as well. Is that a trend nowadays, having asymetrical suits like DekaRanger, Kyoryuger and Ryusoulger?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:42 pm Toei. Don't give Takahashi any more gigs. He sucks.

Where to begin...

Oh good, corporation buys another corporation. Humans hate automation as always. That's the bad news out of the way.

Ryutaro Okada is the true protagonist of Kamen Rider Zero One. Fumiya, get on his level.

5 stars only for once-and-a-while Fortnite Victory Royale player Ryutaro Okada.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

hiro9796 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:25 pm By the way, I just realised Izu's pants asymmetrical, like Jin upper clothing as well. Is that a trend nowadays, having asymetrical suits like DekaRanger, Kyoryuger and Ryusoulger?
It feels like someone at Toei really has a boner for asymmetrical designs, doesn't it?
patamon829
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by patamon829 »

thank you

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:06 pm
FangTrigger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:30 pm Going on the record and saying this now: Nature determined that humans are either born male or female, so I don't buy into that non-binary/opinionated gender stuff and will ALWAYS refer to humans by their biological pronouns. If you wish to debate with me on this topic, I'll gladly make a separate forum thread in the Off-Topic section.
It's not a debate, it's other people's lives and it's none of your business. Is this a hate thing? A power thing? Do you know anyone who is nonbinary? Cause you're just shitting on people and hurting them for no reason by having an ignorant attitude. You could have totally kept this to yourself and just stuck to talking about the episode.

What you did just now would be the same as a racist person going "I think race X is bad because genetics".

No, we're not having a debate about that on this forums. I don't want the stress of moderating it. Keep that kind of hateful politics off the forums or take a ban.

Edit: If you guys want to discuss this amongst yourselves you can PM each other. Maybe I should be using this opportunity as a learning experience for FangTrigger, but I'm kind of okay saying these forums support gay/lesbian/trans/asexuals/nonbinary people and that's the end of that. In short, no one should be making fun or looking down on any other board member for being who they are.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Despite my new title as ZAIA Tool, I was very happy about Fuwa's victory this episode. To get the most exciting bits out of the way, I think Rampaging Gatling had what might be the most awesome debut for a new form since.... ever? Design-wise, it maybe looks too much like a 'cleaner' Assault Wolf, but the details of all the animal bits on one side is a really cool way of not only doing the 'all powers combined' thing, but also referencing Vulcan's first asymmetrical design. The action was of course amazing, and I am never going to get over that lariat where he spins Yaiba around in the air before launching her across the street.

As for the story, I'm both satisfied but also not-so-satisfied about it. The thing is that just about everything in this episode was in a vacuum, a good idea. But most if not all of it is hampered by how the last several months of episodes have gone.

The public voting for humagears to be cast aside is a big deal, but I feel like this idea of the humans voting to decide humagear's fate should have been a more prevalent plot point that was brought up earlier than just the very previous episode.

Yaiba now having doubts about her place in ZAIA would mean more if we had even the inkling of an idea of why she was in this place to begin with. Even if they weren't going to give an explanation (because I'm still convinced there isn't one), her attitude in the last half a dozen episodes should have been her confidently and smugly declaring that ZAIA knows best and that she's on the winning side despite some occasionally questionable decisions from Gai. Then when we get to this episode with Fuwa telling her to her face that she's in the wrong, her having a crisis would feel more impactful. As it is though, it just feels like she has just been put in a static box and only after like four months are they finally deciding to progress her character arc. At least it's finally starting, from the looks of it!?!

Also the scene at the end with our vice-president talking about how he is obligated to see how the company progresses from here, in contrast to Aruto losing his title, is nice. But it would have been so much nicer if that character was actually like, around, and relevant. I feel like somewhere during one of these contests, we could have had a little story where he and Aruto settle their differences or something.

It's been a very rocky ride, but I am still enjoying Zero-One, and I am really excited regardless for what is coming next.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Not since Faiz has there been a character that truly annoyed the hell out of me but Zaia's president really over shadow Kusaka's ability at being a major douche bag. I jump for joy everytime he gets his ass handed to him which is rare so far since Aruto is holding back. Even when Izu was threaten in this Ep he was holding back and we all know he is much more powerful in his metal form. Which seem like Zaia's president has a stupid habit of making powerful pro-rise keys and giving it away to his opponants just so he can get his ass kicked, which is more enjoyment for me. Nice to see Fuwa getting an even more powerful form, it always bothers me that the second rider usually only gets 1 upgrade form that becomes obsolete later in the series. I hope to see Thouser gets more ass whooping in the future episodes.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”