KR Zero-One 31 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 31 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.75 / 5 (20 votes)

Alt Title: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Yeah, another great episode. We're addressing how different groups are handling robo sapience.

We get more Aruto and Jin, who are great together. Would have been better if Aruto lost because he hesitated to hurt the two guards, thus making Jin coming down to burn them more impactful.

Fuwa and Yaiba's fight scenes I'm still enjoying, but I feel like we've hit an impasse as far as the storyline until something changes it. Right now Yaiba fights Fuwa and he yells at her to get better and oddly enough she doesn't. What needs to change here? Does Yaiba need to choose not to be a slave?

Next week we're taking a break from Takahashi (just as he's getting good?). Kakehi Masaya is back (he handled some of the early odd jobs and the movie sub story)

-Props to Yaiba and her team, it looks like they're practicing good gun safety
-God damn his license plate is 1000
-G-Pen's battery running low is an anti-chekov's gun
-Never too late for trivia: Ishizumi Chouichirou is probably a play on Ishinomori Shoutarou, the mangaka who created Kamen Rider
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 31 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

As much as I enjoyed the episode, there's still something I'm getting annoyed about and it's the whole "Tool" thing with Yua. Fuwa hammers it in to her, but she's sorta of "whatever" about it... Aruto does it and it "affects" her? Unless I'm missing something, why? I understand that sure Aruto shows it in the sense of there's a Humagear in the picture, but the impact should still but about the same as when Fuwa's trying to get it through to her.

Mr. 1000% and hammering the "tool" thing home, definitely setting himself up for disappointment. Waiting to see how he gets wrecked down the path.

Jin's character is just amazing. Though I'm wondering how Hirobi's character is gonna evolve, since right now he seems fairly neutral unlike Jin.

Izu always being the highlight of the show. The ending when she dances.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I can kind of get it. No one likes it when someone is just patently lecturing a person, like Fuwa does to Yaiba. It makes you get defensive. It works with Aruto because he's not giving her a lecture, but indirectly creating a mirrored situation and letting her draw her own conclusions.

But man, cartoon villain of the year Amatsu just calling Yaiba a tool directly. Like how do you run your company if you're so bad with dealing with other people? /me thinks back to the hilarious characterization that Blue Buster gives for Gai back from the dating episode.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

So this is like, the third time Gai has been reduced to a dirty, disheveled look? I swear it doesn't get old.

By the way, I might just be misremembering, but the Mangaka sensei guy, has he been in anything else we've done? My brain seems to think he was in Garo.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's Katsuya

https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Katsuya_( ... %E7%9F%A2)

He was the Beast Dopant. He was also in Kabuto and Sexy Voice and Robo
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Hmm, I haven't actually seen anything else he's in, maybe I'm just confusing him with someone else.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Pretty good episode. Sure enough like I asked for last episode, we get to see a return of one of the people from the first arc who learned to love their Humagear!

Looks like we've learned that sapience/sentience can be encouraged along by focusing on giving the Humagear a dream, and not just a job/purpose. Makes sense, ties into what we've seen so far.

I am glad Jin has thrown his lot in with Aruto; I was worried after last episode that he'd remain standoffish despite their goals and ideals clearly aligning. Now it's time for Horobi to step in and disagree.

Tired of Yaiba. We've had like, 5 episodes now of her frowning and reacting poorly to "tool" yet she does nothing. It's not even like she can say she can't do anything -- because clearly Fuwa overcame whatever limits Gai had set on him via the implant. So why not her? Waste of time drawing it out. She's been downgraded to mook.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good episode. My one complaint is that Metal Cluster Hopper is only ever as strong as the plot needs it to be. Aruto shouldn't job to Thouser and two grunts, but needs to for the sake of Jin showing up.

I need more Horobi in this as well.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

At least Yaiba only pretended to do the job and actually succeeded in following the orders of the big boss man by stealing back the transforming thing. Although it was kind of fitting that Fuwa used her own rider power to kick the butt of her non-rider form.

Nice to see Siesta for a second. However, what job will she have if her boss is now the suck up of the guy who wants to eliminate humageers? Will Siesta achieve sapience (sappy-ness?) and become the embodiment of Ark?

I would be okay having more arcs and one shots featuring humageers from the first third of the series, with them having happy endings until they get to Siesta.

Maybe Aruto could install security cameras so the next time Gai comes around to shoot up his company the police would have a live feed?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Noticed the symbolism of what's going on with Gai and Aruto now?

Remember that Gai has a penchant for chess and as two president, he and Aruto are Kings in the chessboard.

Now look at things at this perspective. In the game of chess, one of the worst thing that could happen to a player is dwindling his opponent to only just being a King. Because in this kind of situation, your side had also been dwindled now to just 1-2 officers. Then imagine trying to catch the other King with only having that. I tell you, in the game of chess, the King with officials is easier to defeat than the Lone King.

And that's what's happening to Gai now. Without Hiden Intelligence behind him, Aruto is now harder to deal with and it frustrates Gai. Just like the player chasing the Lone King in chess.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

Next week, different writer. Not Takahashi

I wish I could have a meme of Gai finally snapped.

I wanted to see Izu gets jealous next week.

First, the plushie keyboard like Izu. Now three non articulated Izu? Premium Bandai looks for way too much income with these. I prefer a Figuarts type of her with changeable face, hands, and I don't know, maybe a attach case. On second thought, maybe a self assembled Figure Rise Standard plastic models like Yuuki Asuna.

"Thouser's get his butt kicked" count by people in their right mind - 4
Last edited by hiro9796 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Anyone else hear G-Pen make a half-assed "aaahhh" after Jin grabbed him and flew off? That was the highlight of the episode for me if I'm being honest! Also wondering when Yaiba is gonna realize that SHE CAN'T BEAT FUWA WITH THE POWER UP THEY GAVE HIM!!! At least Mr. 1,000 LEARNED something from all of the times he's gotten his ass handed to him and brought backup. The ending made me go "WTF am I watching now???" which is something I'm starting to get use to now xD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:36 pm Also wondering when Yaiba is gonna realize that SHE CAN'T BEAT FUWA WITH THE POWER UP THEY GAVE HIM!!!
She did beat him since she was able to steal the wolf thing from him.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:46 pm Noticed the symbolism of what's going on with Gai and Aruto now?

Remember that Gai has a penchant for chess and as two president, he and Aruto are Kings in the chessboard.

Now look at things at this perspective. In the game of chess, one of the worst thing that could happen to a player is dwindling his opponent to only just being a King. Because in this kind of situation, your side had also been dwindled now to just 1-2 officers. Then imagine trying to catch the other King with only having that. I tell you, in the game of chess, the King with officials is easier to defeat than the Lone King.

And that's what's happening to Gai now. Without Hiden Intelligence behind him, Aruto is now harder to deal with and it frustrates Gai. Just like the player chasing the Lone King in chess.
I agree. Its just frustrating to deal with opponents who only had King left and at the same time, you have neither strong officials like queen and rooks to intercept the King's movement. Bishops and Knights are much terrible to handle unless the the opponent's king does not have much room to escape, like towards a corner instead of being in the middle. In Gai's case, he had knights/bishops but no queen, rooks or pawns that enters the other side, not at all. Aruto is somewhere in the middle with lots of escape routes to choose from.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

resop2 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 pm
WannaFantaMan wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:36 pm Also wondering when Yaiba is gonna realize that SHE CAN'T BEAT FUWA WITH THE POWER UP THEY GAVE HIM!!!
She did beat him since she was able to steal the wolf thing from him.
Based on the next episode's preview, I think she's going to use it to free herself from the chip. It appears too that her chip is also Naki's just like the one placed in Fuwa.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”