Kiramager Episode 06 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:27 pm

★★★★★
36%
★★★★
50%
★★★
7%
★★
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.44 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: Sayo is the oniichan type?

So let's start with the clever names for the monsters this week. It's Jamenju Cloud Hildon and Digital Camera Jamen. But it's not cloud like cloud in the sky, remember the masks are all based on manmade things. The cloud is cloud as in being online. So when Digital Camera takes picture of people, he's literally storing them ON THE CLOUD. Isn't that hilarious now that I've explained it to you?

And yeah, that's MammothRanger.

Wait, so Mabu can detect big rocks like Mashins, annnnd this tiny rock too?

For once, the lesson made sense to me. And it's cool that the vehicles actually being split into land and sky vehicles made a difference this time.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kiramager Episode 06 released

Post by HowlingSnail »

It's funny, Mio said at the show's press conference she was looking forward to playing a more mature role after being Kanon, and her first role focus episode has her being a child. I thought it was interesting that her amnesia wasn't anything to do with the monster, which was a nice change.

Was her childish rolecall pose intentionally meant to have her do a DINO BUCKLER pose?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah. Pink was Kanon? Shit time flies.

I have a similar feeling about this episode as previous episodes. Like it was pretty good for the most part, but then there were some janky parts. The whole 'trying to motivate a 5 year old to fight thing' was a bit strange. But I liked the rest of it. Really liked that her reverting to a 5 year old wasn't because of a monster effect, but rather that Garza hit her with his train.

Also, I enjoyed how they killed the normal sized monster. There is a lot more creativity in this season then there has been for a while.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Also how about Shiguru randomly reading Latin a minute in?

"Was her childish rolecall pose intentionally meant to have her do a DINO BUCKLER pose?"

Which pose is it supposed to be? PteraRanger? I'm looking online and it does sort of seem like an inverse of a PteraRanger pose.

Also something I didn't notice before. When she messes up her lines, she basically says "Fried chicken wings and beans" (Think we went with something more punny) and when she does the pose there's chicken wings and beans in a pod in the background. Cute.

Edit: So I'm noticing a pattern of the episode titles being Japanese movies. Is this one based on anything?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:18 pm "Was her childish rolecall pose intentionally meant to have her do a DINO BUCKLER pose?"
I think they meant how she spun her hands like the Zyurangers did with the Dino Buckler.

Also, "Daft Inedible" XD
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:22 pm Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah. Pink was Kanon? Shit time flies.
You didn't realise? It's all people were talking about when the cast was revealed. "Kanon-chan", "Makoto-niichan" and "Alain-sama" were all trending on Japanese Twitter that day too.
CheetahLynx wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:47 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:18 pm "Was her childish rolecall pose intentionally meant to have her do a DINO BUCKLER pose?"
I think they meant how she spun her hands like the Zyurangers did with the Dino Buckler.
I did indeed mean that.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Holy shit this episode was balls to the walls insane. Kiramager is SOOOOOOOOOO much better then Ryusoulger was in it's entire run IMO and it's only seven episodes in xD
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Not sure if it's off-topic, but I noticed a slight mistake- the subtitle for the line spoken by the monster around the 04:08 mark is in a different style (Crystalia人 dialog)
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

msf232 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am Not sure if it's off-topic, but I noticed a slight mistake- the subtitle for the line spoken by the monster around the 04:08 mark is in a different style (Crystalia人 dialog)
Ahh, thanks for spotting it.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Cute ep, loved Kanon's "Range" (I forget the actress's name). I will not be surprised if this comes up again during the series. will be nice if it does.

"mammothranger"? explain? was he the other doc?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Sinkuu wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:24 pm Cute ep, loved Kanon's "Range" (I forget the actress's name). I will not be surprised if this comes up again during the series. will be nice if it does.

"mammothranger"? explain? was he the other doc?
Kudo Mio.

Mammothranger was Sayo's sensei.
Seen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The actor who plays MammothRanger in ZyuRanger portrays Sayo's martial arts teacher
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Mashin_Se ... _06#Trivia
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This show is overflowing with frothy fun, but, even though it is a shoujo manga troupe, I wish they wouldn't do the concussion causes/cures amnesia thing. Kids shouldn't take concussions lightly.

Woah, Pink is Kanon-imouto? I was thinking it was green all this time.

"This post is presented by ZAIA Enterprises."
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I thought this episode was madcap crazy but the best part had to be Sayo getting fairy bonked by Mabushiina at the end. I've long thought that this series was harvesting Pretty Cure tropes and seeing something like that added to the pile was quite amusing.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

So it's the little issues that always seem to niggle at me: at 18:32, "five" is mistyped as "fibe".

I enjoyed this episode more than I expected to, though. When I first heard about it I assumed Sayo was going to be actually turned back into a child, I didn't expect them to go the amnesia route with it - made it more interesting. Is it common for Japanese kids to use their own names when referring to themselves, instead of "I" or "me" etc?

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”