KR Zero-One 32 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2020 7:46 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 32 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.72 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Let me fulfill your dream by living it out for you

Yeah that was an alright episode. Anything to move us past the Fuwa/Yaiba being mindcontrol slaves the better.

Hopefully we'll have Project Thouser Part 1 out before this, since it gives some backstory to Naki (but not much). Translating this, I'm really seeing a lot of parallels being Naki and Faiz.

It's amazing how much more character/personality we're getting out of Naki here than in Project Thouser though. This is kind of why I hate them splitting up stuff for the "bonus content" since it feels like backstory that's "missing" in the main Rider stories are relegated to these half-assed specials.

Note I wrote: What, Humagears can pretend to be humans by making their ear things disappear? Seems very exploitable!

Edit: Also, Delmo has an InTsuta account as Delmo_humagear. Guess someone figured out you don't spell it Humagia?. Like the pun for Instagram

Props to suit actors Sakae Danki and Okada Kazuya for getting to portray AIMS agents.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 32 released

Post by Xirix »

So sorry to be "that guy", but half-way through the episode when they're talking to Naki after Fuwa escapes from Jin, Delmo is using some kind of... massager thing on her face, it seriously looks like a cock and balls.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

It's a face roller. The design is a bit unfortunate but it's something that actually exists and not a thing that Toei made up.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Oh I don't doubt, that's just immediately what my mind went to. This is the first time since those shake weight things that I've had to question a product's design.

Also hell yeah is Yua finally going to ditch Gai next episode? It's about damn time.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I really like where this arc is going.

An interesting observation I've made (and not sure if it's just a coincidence) is that the three arcs so far have all been based loosely on one of the three main riders and specifically their initially expressed opinion of Humagears: For Aruto, Humagears were good; for Fuwa, Humagears were bad; and for Yua, Humagears were simply tools.

And in a way these opinions have been validated but also invalidated through these three arcs.

First arc (Aruto): Humagears are good and helpful and people can grow alongside them. But they can be corrupted and can thus become potentially dangerous.
Second arc (Fuwa): Humagears can go out of control (when people are mean to them) and there is no way to control them. But really, it is Gai and ZAIA who have been behind this.
Third arc (Yua): Humagears are just tools... but in reality they are more than that; they can have dreams too. And Yua has been the true tool all along.

As for Naki, I'm not sure why they've waited this long to introduce her - it feels a bit weird not seeing Metsuboujinrai in full power either considering Ikazuchi was destroyed ages ago and Jin and Horobi don't necessarily share motives.
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Slowking wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:09 pm As for Naki, I'm not sure why they've waited this long to introduce her - it feels a bit weird not seeing Metsuboujinrai in full power either considering Ikazuchi was destroyed ages ago and Jin and Horobi don't necessarily share motives.
Toei: "Buy our blu-ray box set to see the behind-the-scenes story about naki!"
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Xirix wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:17 am Oh I don't doubt, that's just immediately what my mind went to. This is the first time since those shake weight things that I've had to question a product's design.
I don't know what Toei was thinking. That particular design thing is the stuff of endless memes. I wonder if there is a product placement deal because that particular model is very expensive.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:14 pm Toei: "Buy our blu-ray box set to see the behind-the-scenes story about naki!"
I apologize for venting this but Satsuki Nakayama deserves better than this.

Cool, Naki turns against her master.

I hope this new format doesn't bore people.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i swear i reconize Delmo from somewhere. I dunno where..
and i'm pretty sure Yua is gonna die in the next 2 episodes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:23 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:14 pm Toei: "Buy our blu-ray box set to see the behind-the-scenes story about naki!"
I apologize for venting this but Satsuki Nakayama deserves better than this.
They do for sure! Cool character, totally wasted in this series so far.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

This is the same case with Shinobi on Zi-O. Toei intentionally wanted to screw up with the 2 episodes introduction and then created mini series for further fleshing out the character. But the viewers ended up with dissatisfying experience and pointed out a waste of money.

On the high note; glad they brought in Tasaki Ryuta. This is the director who knows the sense of narrative to tell a story of the script.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good episode. As much as it's about Fuwa and Naki, I feel like this is a really good Izu episode. She achieved singularity a couple of weeks ago, but this episode is the first time she decides to do something that isn't being Arutos assistant. It's hard to tell because she's very stiff and proper unlike some of the other humagears, but her wanting to help Delmo and do the modelling really shows that she's grown as a character.

As much as I enjoy seeing Vulcan beat the tar out of Thouser, it is running its course. They need to get a more threatening antagonist.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Aeikozz wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:15 pm i swear i reconize Delmo from somewhere. I dunno where..
and i'm pretty sure Yua is gonna die in the next 2 episodes.
Either her or Gai. Hopefully Gai. Either way,
Spoiler
Valkyrie vs Thouser next week is 1000% overdue.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Yet another great episode in my honest opinion! I personally would have lost it if after Aruto did his catchphrase, everyone in the audience went, "wait, WTF was that???". Also as HowlingSnail mentioned already, IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME YAIBA REALIZED SHE MEANS NOTHING TO MR. 1,000%!!! Good god this was along time coming, even though I HIGHLY doubt she'll ACTUALLY do anything to him. Guess we'll have to wait and see :3
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

As a tiny nit pick, I think it would have been a little more fun if Delmo and Izu mind linked so that Delmo was walking Izu through the walk remotely.

Gai has such heel heat now that any episode where he gets his butt handed to him is an automatic 5.

The Fuwa / Rin and Hirobi thing is starting to remind me of Micheal and the Vampires in The Lost Boys.

So, Izu realizes that to help other humageers obtain their dream, she has to work.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”