KR Zero-One 33 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 10, 2020 7:28 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 33 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.74 / 5 (19 votes)

Alt Title: How bold would it have been if they let Yaiba put a bullet in his brain?

They teased it the previews, and yeah, that was pretty much what I wanted.

The reveal of Fuwa's past didn't really land. As he himself says, he's not the same man who was driven by hatred like he was in the first 8 episodes of the series.

I swear I thought they were going to kill off Yaiba at the end. But to see her being picked up by MetsubouJinrai is a pretty big surprise too.

The only thing that could have made this episode better is if it happened sooner. I mean, Thouser literally dehumanizes his employees and controls them, but Yaiba doesn't quit till he has some of the guards attack her. If this were a camel's back, it would have been broken a 1000 times by this point.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zero-One 33 released

Post by Aeikozz »

I wanna have the confidence of these guards. like they get their asses handed to them constantly yet they REALLY think they can take down Yaiba

Thouser getting his ass handed to him has to have reach meme territory by now
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Okay... So as I mentioned before, when Yua decides to finally step down as a "tool" I'll probably still feel nothing for her... and yup, I still feel nothing. Unno, I just feel that it took her way too long to realize it, and all the "hesitation" build-up didn't work for me at all, probably because they dragged it on way too long.

And on the "FUwa past", at first I was thinking, wait... is he really caring about it? I mean sure, it fueled his hatred towards Humagears early on, but he accepted it to where this reveal doesn't quite work. At least not to the effect to make him that angry, but the quick revelation of "I'm a changed person" settled in and I'm okay with that.

Mr. 1000%, now you're just plain stupid as fack. You KNOW you're condescending your employee to the point you know she's already hesitating to carry out your actions (fully), so when it comes time to "fight", that pent up anger only gonna get your ass wrecked, and well.. look at you, got your butt handed to you on numerous occasions. I can see where your little guards get their devotion from, even if they haven't quite won anything.

And hmm, Yua overcame that chip power faster than Fuwa. I mean I know it's due to the fact that FUwa gave the whole "Feelings > Technology", but I wanna say that Fuwa's feelings were stronger, but he definitely struggled for a bit/episodes.

At the end of the day, yay Mr. 1000% got his butt wrecked!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So I noticed this while translating, but what happened to Yaiba's original two guys? Is Thouser really so cartoonishly villainous that he has those two guys defeated for failing too? Why does anyone work for him?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:19 pm Why does anyone work for him?
Money. Makes the world go around.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's hard to actually get behind the threat of Gais AIMS mooks if he's only actively using 2 nameless grunts at a time.

I have mixed feelings about this episode. It's nice that Yua actually does what we've all wanted her to do for weeks now, but it seems kind of half assed. Like, Fuwas fake memories don't really seem like that big of a deal to get her to switch sides.

I guess the thing that pisses me off the most is that she's finally free from Gai, and almost instantly joins MetsoubouJinrai? How does that make any sense?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm sure her 'joining' Jin and Horobi is just to help out with separating Naki from Fuwa and nothing more. It's a good a reason as any to get her to interact with other main characters next episode.

Anyhow this episode was nice in of itself and had a lot of really stellar action mostly centering around Valkyrie. Of course, I'm with most others in the opinion that it really, really does not at all make up for how Yaiba has been benched and side-lined for months now. Not to mention, at this point it feels like both Yaiba and Fuwa's characters arcs are finished and we're not likely to get any more big moments from them from here on out. At least it ended with a bang, I suppose.

Also the humagear side-plot in this episode was... completely superfluous. I mean wow, why was it even there.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

*Live studio audience cheers*

I kind of wish she'd killed him, but I suppose now he has to live with the humiliation.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

We've seen Thouser getting his ass kicked so many times so far. Maybe it's time to destroy the belt, so that the Rider gets out of the screen for a few episodes before coming back again.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Aeikozz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:06 pm Thouser getting his ass handed to him has to have reach meme territory by now
Preeeeeeetty sure if it isn't a meme yet, it will be VERY soon (SOMEONE MAKE THIS A THING ALREADY xD). Also loved how they used the hissatsu text effect when she sucker punched Thouser, THAT WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE!!! Good god why the fuck they waited this long to do this with Yaiba is beyond me, but I'm actually VERY glad how they handled it! The fact that she was able to kick Gai's ass into next week (in a manner or speaking since by the end of the episode, he had done all that was required of him :3) while having those massive headaches proves that she can be a total BADASS when she wants to be. Seeing her and Fuwa teaming up to PEW PEW PEW Thouser was also a great trip down memory lane. Really looking forward to seeing how the show goes from here now that Mr. 1,000% has pretty much lost every chess piece he had :D
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Seeing the trailer for next week, it appears that ZAIA Specs users are being hacked.
satoman
Gao
Favorite series: Danger 5
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: pumpkin seeds

Post by satoman »

Fuwa & Yaiba really should let go of the lame yuppie earpiece. Thouser getting his ass kicked like a Team Rocket member is becoming a trope, I think we need something new since he's gotten beat by almost everyone (except Izu? hmm...)
jamebarktoku
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by jamebarktoku »

At first, I was worried that the revelation about Isamu's past would invalidate his development so far, but I'm glad it didn't. Yua's fight against Thouser was superb, especially after teaming up with Isamu, though I think the fight really needed an insert theme. The BGM we got was pretty good though.

It's so good to see the Valkyrie suits again, and Thouser gets his comeuppance again, despite it feeling very like what happened with Masamune after Muteki was introduced. Though the punch transformed was immensely satisfying to see.

Funny thing I noticed, one of the grunts that attacks Yua (the older one) was Eitoku (to the point of having similar names), Thouser's suit actor. So Gai transforms into Thouser (Eitoku) and then Eitoku transforms into a Raider (played by a different suit actor), then is in the Thouser suit in the very next shot. That must've been fun to coordinate.

Also that shot of Rampage All Blast against an Amazing Caucasus-powered Thousand Break with all the animal robots is my favourite shot of the whole episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I noticed Eitoku's guest appearance, but didn't realize he's also Thouser's suit actor. That's pretty funny
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Usually, I would give zero one a 5 for making me excited but I give this episode 3 star. I don't feel the tension or vibe that felt rather disturbing whenever Gai was talking about something evil or like that. And it does not feel passionate too for the heroes to kick the villains' butt so easily. Either it is the influence of COVID 19 in giving me a wrong perspective or the story focusing on Yua to become Valkryie again does not feel earnest as it should like when Hiden Intelligence was defeated in the last round.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”