Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Decade Movie: All Riders Versus Dai Shocker DC

Post by HowlingSnail »

gmottl wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:09 pm will this be in HD
Got some good news for you, poster from a decade (ha) ago!
takenoko wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:56 pm https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:Director's_Cut

Probably when they realized it wasn't profitable to sell DC discs again and again since you can't keep extorting fans like that
It's a shame, because some things really need DCs. Like when Kyoryuger flashed back to its movie, but the bit they flashed back to was a deleted scene. At least they included those scenes on the disk though.

I did like the Saikyou Battle DC, mostly because it was nice to have a movie cut of what was already basically just a movie anyway, with all the random extra bits of footage they presumably had to cut for time on TV, even if none of it really added anything.

I'm glad as well that they're finally releasing these old DCs on Blu-Ray. I have the Ryuki DC Blu-Ray, and it looks great. I wish the whole show was like that instead of upscaled from SD, but that's Toei's fault for shooting it in SD I guess.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Let me make sure I have this correct:
1:06:30 - Length of the Theatrical Cut
1:19:23 - Length of the Directors Cut
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:56 pm https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:Director's_Cut

Probably when they realized it wasn't profitable to sell DC discs again and again since you can't keep extorting fans like that
It's a shame, because some things really need DCs. Like when Kyoryuger flashed back to its movie, but the bit they flashed back to was a deleted scene. At least they included those scenes on the disk though.

I did like the Saikyou Battle DC, mostly because it was nice to have a movie cut of what was already basically just a movie anyway, with all the random extra bits of footage they presumably had to cut for time on TV, even if none of it really added anything.

I'm glad as well that they're finally releasing these old DCs on Blu-Ray. I have the Ryuki DC Blu-Ray, and it looks great. I wish the whole show was like that instead of upscaled from SD, but that's Toei's fault for shooting it in SD I guess.
Sentai hardly ever had Director Cut, apart from the Saikyou Battle, I don't remember seeing Director Cut for any version, whether it is summer or crossover movies for Super Sentai. But if there are extras that comes in Blu Ray and DVD, usually they are bloopers, for most cases.
TorchWood wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:35 pm Let me make sure I have this correct:
1:06:30 - Length of the Theatrical Cut
1:19:23 - Length of the Directors Cut
Director Cut usually is longer than 70 minutes but less than 110. Either way, it cannot be 120 minutes for a movie these days.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

hiro9796 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm Sentai hardly ever had Director Cut, apart from the Saikyou Battle, I don't remember seeing Director Cut for any version, whether it is summer or crossover movies for Super Sentai. But if there are extras that comes in Blu Ray and DVD, usually they are bloopers, for most cases.
That link I gave you shows the Go-Busters movie had a DC. There was also Kyouryuu Brave 1, and Go-Busters 15-16

This Decade movie wasn't on Blu-ray yet, I don't think? We recorded it off Toei Channel or it was on Toei Club or something
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Hmmmm. The movie still has plot holes yet to be answered. For example, how did Tsukasa set up Dai Shocker. Did he set it up for personal reasons or was he offered by someone. Why did he become such evil leader. What did Tsukasa experience when he passed through worlds in his kid age. How did he return to Sayo and grow up with her in an awkward relationship together.

Was the Decade movie made only for making more money? Intentionally following the footsteps of the TV series, not having a logical sense of story?

The movie's DC version still answers questions in a feeble attempt even through it made up things that were chopped away in the TC version.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:52 pm
hiro9796 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm Sentai hardly ever had Director Cut, apart from the Saikyou Battle, I don't remember seeing Director Cut for any version, whether it is summer or crossover movies for Super Sentai. But if there are extras that comes in Blu Ray and DVD, usually they are bloopers, for most cases.
That link I gave you shows the Go-Busters movie had a DC. There was also Kyouryuu Brave 1, and Go-Busters 15-16

This Decade movie wasn't on Blu-ray yet, I don't think? We recorded it off Toei Channel or it was on Toei Club or something
The Kyoryuger one was Brave 1-4. I own it, and watched it once. There was barely anything of note. The extra scenes of the other 4 meeting their Zyudenryu were tiny. Amy's was literally her doing a flip and pointing her Gaburevolver at Dricera.

Shinken 1 and 2 also had DCs, first on DVD separately, and then they included them in the Blu-Rays.

I checked, and yeah, this one isn't out on Blu-Ray yet. The ones they've done so far are Ryuki, Kiva, Den-O and Hibiki.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The DC for anything never really adds anything. There is a reason that the studio mandates the extra cuts. What was there is a little too long and messes with the flow.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:46 pm The DC for anything never really adds anything. There is a reason that the studio mandates the extra cuts. What was there is a little too long and messes with the flow.
Except for the Kiva movie. They cut an entire subplot from the original movie.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Really? I've never seen the DC for it. What are the differences?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Takenoko is the destroyer of woulds.
Seen:

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”