Kiramager Episode 10 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 24, 2020 7:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
69%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.46 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: The Covid Effect is in Effect!

For an obviously budget episode, this was a lot of fun. Maybe remove red and focusing on blue and pink characters can be kind of fun. I'm just saying!

But yeah, a lot of filming on Toei rooftops and parking lots this time. It makes me wonder when this was filmed. I'm guessing this was after Jyuuru's actor recovered?

Wow the hotdog was the key to it all.

Red, why are you piloting. This is a blue and pink episode.

Loved Iyo and the fact that Shiguru was totally unable to reject her properly. And Sayo is also proving to be the best.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kiramager Episode 10 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

It's Sayo's world, Shiguru is just living in it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

10/10 episode. This is exactly the type of format a good Sentai should have.

Shigeru showing to be training his Kiramentality, along with Sayo in the mecha battles shows that Jyuuru isn't the only member that can do it to pull crazy shit off. They also weren't afraid to shelve the other three characters (including the red) to have a good Blue and Pink episode. You can't have good character episodes when you try to include all of them every time.

Shigeru is a real interesting character, because he's both the super serious Blue, but also the goofy character. Tametomo is positioned to be the dumb Yellow, but I feel like he's actually the most normal of the group.

This episode reaffirms my belief that Kiramager is going to be a good series. Looking forward to what comes next.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

This episode was a 3 for me, but that ending was hilarious enough to bump it up to a 4.

I like that Garza is strong enough to regain control of smog joki now, but he once again does jack and shit in this episode. Also, it's only a matter of time before he completely loses joki to the Kiramagers since I doubt they'd completely scrap King Express 2 episodes after introduction. I really hope the villains get more interesting as the series progresses because they're extremely lackluster so far.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

HURRAY FOR INCLUSION!!!!! Good god, this show is getting even more fucked up with each passing episode and I love that part of it.
Vim Crony
7X
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mio
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: Polaris
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kiva and Comix

Post by Vim Crony »

Wow... WOW. I love this episode! It's so rad. We really need a major conflict and some multi episode story arcs. This was fun, but give me the DRAMA! Hoping we get a new brooding team member soon. Although I did enjoy Shinken Gold.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Wow, well at least they were not trying to be a Sailor Moon episode this time, they were trying to be a Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch episode:

Sister Mimi finds out that one of Hanon's classmates confessed to Hanon but was rejected. Sister Mimi brainwashes the class mate to work with the Panthalassa and is able to sing with the classmate to trap three of the mermaids. But, Hanon and Rina get wise to the plan and use a Pichi Pichi live start to break Sister Mimi's spell and send Sister Mimi packing. Afterward the classmate falls in love with Rina who rejects her because Rina is only interested in bad Manzai comedy.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I am always shocked at the things I see on these shows.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Like what? It was fairly standard?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well if we're going on a hiatus, that's probably one of the best episodes the series can go out on. Something lighthearted yet interesting, without needing to worry about any kind of cliffhanger that would be spread over an indefinite break.

Whether or not it was due to the pandemic, like several others have mentioned, I liked that this episode almost exclusively focused on Pink and Blue. Not that the other three are bad (Red is downright tolerable, even!), but it makes it so much easier to focus on and develop these two characters when the writers don't also have to find something for the other three to do. There is a careful balancing act to be had (it's called Sentai for a reason), but this episode nailed that aspect.

The plot itself was a bit so-so, but that ending was a great twist. I can safely say I didn't see that coming, even with Kiramager clearly doubling-down on its twisted morals of the week. Sayo: men want to be her, and women want to be with her.:lol:

This episode was also fairly light on the action, so I'm also fairly surprised that they used this of all episodes to introduce a new fight song. It works because it builds on the sheer oddity of this episode, but I hope we get to hear it again in a more mecha-focused episode where there's some higher stakes action to go with it.

Meanwhile I'm wavering between being impressed and dumbfounded with the guest actress; at two points she's carrying the MOTW on her back! And scrubbing through the footage twice, in both those instances I can't see any tricks (e.g. compositing); as best as I can tell, she's actually doing it. She's clearly on the small side (I see the wiki puts her at 5'2"), so to be able to hold up one of Toei's stunt guys for any period of time is kind of impressive.:o
Zerato wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:05 pm I like that Garza is strong enough to regain control of smog joki now, but he once again does jack and shit in this episode.
That would be my other complaint as well. It's been a few episodes since he's powered up, and he's done jack-all with it. We're entering Chekhov's Gun territory here; he needs to do something big or make room for another villain who will. As of late he's more bark than bite.
RyuShinEX
Go Go!

Post by RyuShinEX »

did Sayo say "HirameQueen"?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought I head that as well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At what time index?
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

ViRGE wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:36 pmThat would be my other complaint as well. It's been a few episodes since he's powered up, and he's done jack-all with it. We're entering Chekhov's Gun territory here; he needs to do something big or make room for another villain who will. As of late he's more bark than bite.
I don't agree with this. Garza unlocked jamental at the end of episode 8, explored it a little in episode 9, and now re-established his control over the train in episode 10. Essentially, this development happens over a span of 2 episodes which I think is perfectly reasonable. Plus, he was observing Shiguru making use of kiramental from the sidelines. Scouting the enemy is generally a good idea to prepare for fighting them in the future.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

RyuShinEX wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 am did Sayo say "HirameQueen"?
That's red's catchphrase. Hirameki + ing or king. That's why it's Eureking in our translations

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”