Geiz Majesty released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:53 pm

★★★★★
67%
★★★★
17%
★★★
17%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Geiz Majesty released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

You know what, for a Zi-O thing, I really enjoyed this. Zi-O had a host of problems, the worst of which was the wonky world building and lack of character growth. So toss that all and fuck it, they're in high school and they all know each other. That's actually good because even Tsukuyomi kind of has a personality here. Also, no fucking time traveling.

But the thing I really like is that this is a secret homage to the Heisei second Riders. Some of my favorite characters who tend to get overlooked for the main riders for nostalgia stuff. Come to think of it, we do see a lot of secondary Riders. Do we see:
G3
Ibuki
IXA
Meteor
Brave

Other thoughts. Do we see Kaitou not transform past White Woz's death? If so, that's an amazing detail.

Oh hey, we also got more Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi. And she didn't even die this time. 5/5 stars.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: Geiz Majesty released

Post by The M »

I really enjoyed too, it's my favorite V-Cinema Movie! I wonder what the next Zi-O Next Time will be because Shikamura already confirmed that there won't be a Woz Movie. I wonder what that Post-Credits Scene means!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I hope the post-credits scene was just sequel-bait and nothing ever comes of it because the V-Cinemas are nothing more than a very blatant attempt to wring as much money out of the adult viewers as possible.

Not horrible. I didn't hate Majesty, but nothing really stood out in this movie except Rider!Tsukuyomi getting more screen time than she did in the actual series, which is all sorts of bullshit.

<yells out from the theater seats at Birth> TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

My main problem with this is the same issue I have with the Build V-cinemas. Why bother going for the reset timeline thing if it just gets undone later?

Date defending the hospital was definitely the highlight for me.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Because it's having the memories of the show without the actual losses. Basically, you remember everyone died so you're happy that they live. It also help consistency with characters development and relationships between the characters. Too bad Sougo and Tsukuyomi still don't remember, because it look like everyone else does.

Wasn't expecting Schartz to be there. Kind of glad he was, the counseling was funny and he might be remembering a few things.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

It just feels like another setup for another OVA.

I'm glad Kaixa got plenty of screen time. I miss Kusaka, such a great Heel secondary rider =D
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

You got the Geiz Majesty finisher wrong. It's "El Savatore". Spanish Article, Italian Noun. You can even hear the fact it's "El".
Lunagel wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm I hope the post-credits scene was just sequel-bait and nothing ever comes of it because the V-Cinemas are nothing more than a very blatant attempt to wring as much money out of the adult viewers as possible.
Apparently Shirakura has said on Twitter that there isn't going to be a Woz movie. Whether that's because they can't film it, or a conscious decision, I don't know. Maybe it'll be like Ghost/Ex-Aid, and Zero-One will get 3 to compensate.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Surprise surprise, the borderline Zi-O apologist fucking ADORED this movie. No convoluted time travel rules that fluctuate, Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi did something that wasn't just "Get bitchslapped once and die, soz", no returning actors being wasted as a cameo completely unrelated to their character, just fanservice out the wazoo from start to finish.

This to me felt much more in line with the second wave of zi-o tribute episodes. we got fun little fight scenes with Birth, Kaixa and Accel, we got Diend basically filling the Decade role really well, we got a stealth tribute to all the unsung secondary riders who are almost never brought back for the big crossover movies (i know it's weird to say this in a movie that includes Kaixa of all people, but you get my general point), all 4 zi-o riders gingaFINALLY henshin together, Geiz is front and centre in a much more natural way than in Cross-Z and we got a bonus cute slice of life anime episode in for funsies. The end reeks of sequel bait for (at the time) the inevitable Woz or Tsukuyomi movie, but other than that the only things i didn't like were total nitpicks.

I didn't like how cheap the Geiz Majesty form looked, especially with the obvious onscreen comparison with Grand Zi-O. but hey, at least Majesty didn't immediately job in it's first appearance, so it has that going for it at least. Plus all the secondary rider names being called out during his transformation was ultra satisfying and the actual fight was fun to watch. I'm also in two minds whether Another Diend was a lazy alteration to the old Kaijin Rider suit from that Decade x Shinkenger crossover, an intentional homage to said crossover or both. I have major issue with Sougo's New World that was implied he personally envisioned including the villain who murdered all of his friends in it, but he was basically here to be a meme a la kuroto dan so i'm not as mad about it.

So yeah, 5*, was grinning like an idiot for an hour. This movie looks even better when you compare it to Cross-Z which i saw pretty recently. Hey, at least Tsukuyomi or Ora weren't pushed into the background to be nothing more than the taxi for a one-off character played by an Idol i don't know or care about!
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:14 am You got the Geiz Majesty finisher wrong. It's "El Savatore". Spanish Article, Italian Noun. You can even hear the fact it's "El".
Yeah, but that's really dumb to have the two different languages not agree with each other. Il is close enough to El. That's clearly a mistake. Either make it El Salvador or Il Savatore.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

is there another zi-o movie still to come? one with zero one?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Reiwa the First Generation. They released them on disc out of order.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:13 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:14 am You got the Geiz Majesty finisher wrong. It's "El Savatore". Spanish Article, Italian Noun. You can even hear the fact it's "El".
Yeah, but that's really dumb to have the two different languages not agree with each other. Il is close enough to El. That's clearly a mistake. Either make it El Salvador or Il Savatore.
El is not Il though. They're different words. For all you know, they wanted to make it like that.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Why? What possible reason would they have for using an article in one language and a noun in another? That's just stupid
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:36 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:13 am

El is not Il though. They're different words. For all you know, they wanted to make it like that.
It's pretty easy to make a mistake when working with a language you're not familiar with. I'd bet you anything the writer just assumed all latin languages use "el" for "the" or just wasn't thinking about it. Saying the staff wanted to use two different languages for a term seems highly unlikely.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Why is it people still get hung up about 'That's the way they wanted'.

Gord Drive motherfuckers. They don't use foreign languages correctly.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”