Kiramager Start Dash Special

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:40 am

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
57%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Start Dash Special

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Kiramager 10's rating: 4.63 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: A real Kira

Not bad. I gave it 3/5 stars because it's a clip show, but as far as clip shows go, I could be watching less entertaining things. I like this show and this characters and I do get some new scenes (surprising ones even).

I note this on the wiki, but it's kind of surprising that there's a subplot about Jyuuru using honorifics with his team mates. But looking back, you see Jyuuru calling everyone with -san in episode 2, and then he suddenly drops it. Although he definitely still refers to Shiguru and Sayo with a -san. Guessing the same with Tametomo.

Notes:
-Mr. Sony would like to talk to you about using their controller.

-Wait, the king knew what the five vehicles were previously and had them etched on the changers? That's weird! Will that be a thing later on or is the concept dropped since the scene was cut?

-They should make Mabu cry more so they can have Jyuuru make stuff for them. Just lock them up and make Kiramager industries

-Hey it is MagiShine. But seriously though, these guys aren't very magelike. Seems like the original theming was a bit of a misdirect

Wait, how did he do the first two swings to build up momentum without hitting the others?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Kiramager Start Dash Special

Post by takenoko »

If anyone's interested, I cut most of the old footage out. Most of the new footage are on key frames (aside from that one awkward scene where Shiguru first meets Jyuuru which isn't on a key frame).

Cutting away everything else, the new footage amounts to around 5 minutes and 19 seconds (I might have made a mistake) which is about 23 percent of the episode's length.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Hopefully we get an actual full DC of these episodes. It's a shame to have this footage out there and not actually cut them into the episodes properly.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I still reckon they should have just picked the three best rider/sentai episode ever to run during the time off.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Is anyone actually seeding this? No completed DLs.

Edit: Got it now.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Not sure why HD720 isn't seeding, so I'm seeding it myself for now.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm If anyone's interested, I cut most of the old footage out. Most of the new footage are on key frames (aside from that one awkward scene where Shiguru first meets Jyuuru which isn't on a key frame).

Cutting away everything else, the new footage amounts to around 5 minutes and 19 seconds (I might have made a mistake) which is about 23 percent of the episode's length.
Thanks for doing the legwork there. I wasn't expecting all that much actual cut footage, and while indeed it wasn't a lot, it was more than I was expecting. And there were some actual interesting bits there, such as the mentor musing over the fact that Oladdin foresaw so much of this happening. Even if it got cut, I hope that's something they follow-up on.
takenoko wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:40 am -Hey it is MagiShine.
Is it time for the 6th Ranger already? Man, I remember when they used to wait a good 15-20 episodes or so before going there. Now the team barely has a chance to congeal before they're adding another one.
But seriously though, these guys aren't very magelike. Seems like the original theming was a bit of a misdirect
Just my ¥2, but it seems like modern Sentais in general are a lot looser with their theming. While older series would have one core theme and the series would invoke it heavily, more recent series seem to adopt several themes, making only light use of which. So a mage series that also has things like an emphasis on crystals, a dinosaur Sentai that doesn't really focus on dinosaurs, etc.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. But at least it doesn't tie the writers down. (Though I suspect it's more about not tying Bandai down...)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:48 am Is it time for the 6th Ranger already? Man, I remember when they used to wait a good 15-20 episodes or so before going there. Now the team barely has a chance to congeal before they're adding another one.
You clearly don't remember that KyouryuuGold appear in episode 10 so we have early 6th rangers before.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 am
ViRGE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:48 am Is it time for the 6th Ranger already? Man, I remember when they used to wait a good 15-20 episodes or so before going there. Now the team barely has a chance to congeal before they're adding another one.
You clearly don't remember that KyouryuuGold appear in episode 10 so we have early 6th rangers before.
Oh I remember. I'm just lamenting that it didn't used to be this way. (And Kyouryuuger had too many damn rangers altogether!)
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I saw something recently that kind of explained the ballet posing during their roll call: They are spelling out ki - ra - ma in katakana. I have no idea what the six ranger is going to do now, though.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 pm I saw something recently that kind of explained the ballet posing during their roll call: They are spelling out ki - ra - ma in katakana. I have no idea what the six ranger is going to do now, though.
Ki-ra-me-i
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Early 6th aren't my jam. You don't get enough time with the dynamic of the original team before throwing someone else in.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:33 pm
resop2 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 pm I saw something recently that kind of explained the ballet posing during their roll call: They are spelling out ki - ra - ma in katakana. I have no idea what the six ranger is going to do now, though.
Ki-ra-me-i
Easy, he forms the kanji for shine by himself and he stands by himself
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:14 pm
Lunagel wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Ki-ra-me-i
Easy, he forms the kanji for shine by himself and he stands by himself
There are several kanji for shine, do you mean this one - 光 ? (The others have 14 and 20 strokes...)

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”