Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Versus Road- 10 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.2 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: Prepping for the big fight

I didn't hate this episode, but I felt like it's a victim of being in the awkward position of following a flashback/explanation episode. It really slows down the momentum in a way that's awkward, especially since last week didn't really propel the main plot forward that much. I don't know if they could have made it better by mixing the two episodes or what, but at this point it feels like the fireworks factory is right there and we're approaching is really slowly.

Man, one visit from Nagusuke and he ruins this guy's years of hiding. In front of his son too! I don't know if I should be more mad at him or Azami.

I feel like we should know more about Hagiri's motivations at this point, but despite a whole episode about him, not really?

Kuon's moping and Amou's ambiguous nonplussed character aside, the best part of the episode was Kouzuki's deepening descent into being the most unhinged Garo character of all time.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Garo -Versus Road- 10 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Eh episode.

Sena, smile.

Toman/Takane's doing a wonderful job being psychotic.

Being evil incarnate, Azami's just straight up killing & hurtin for lulz.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I was getting some Jinga vibes when Takane was talking to himself in the mirror. I have a feeling he's going to die next episode maybe. I was really worried when Azami choked out Nagusuke, I knew she'd probably not kill him outside of the game, but it was still hard to watch, I really like that guy.

So the Garo armour is turning black, more Yami wo Terasu Mono theory fuel right there. I'm actually unsure how this series is going to end, with poor flower guy getting killed they don't really have any outside help, and although Hagiri possibly doesn't have any powers and is just a good martial artist, Azami is super powerful, and whatever is brewing inside Garo is very dangerous. (Could it be possible the Dark Metal will become sentient when it's finished corrupting Garo?)

If I had to guess, Hagiri's going to get killed somehow, and then Azami will get bored and leave to possibly show up in another series. But how the gang are going to "win", I have no idea.
NPCEnergy
Favorite series: Fay-voo-ret? ....OOO?
2nd Favorite Series: I really liked Gekiranger?
Dreamy: My previous joke here didn't work with just the dreamy tag. Shame

Post by NPCEnergy »

Xirix wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:16 am I was getting some Jinga vibes when Takane was talking to himself in the mirror. I have a feeling he's going to die next episode maybe. I was really worried when Azami choked out Nagusuke, I knew she'd probably not kill him outside of the game, but it was still hard to watch, I really like that guy.

So the Garo armour is turning black, more Yami wo Terasu Mono theory fuel right there. I'm actually unsure how this series is going to end, with poor flower guy getting killed they don't really have any outside help, and although Hagiri possibly doesn't have any powers and is just a good martial artist, Azami is super powerful, and whatever is brewing inside Garo is very dangerous. (Could it be possible the Dark Metal will become sentient when it's finished corrupting Garo?)

If I had to guess, Hagiri's going to get killed somehow, and then Azami will get bored and leave to possibly show up in another series. But how the gang are going to "win", I have no idea.
I almost felt like she was kind of possessing him or something at the end of the episode? Riding his body or whatever? I only thought that because he gave off no Inga like the others and that small smirk he did, really screamed Azami to me. Regardless on how, I don't think he is going to be in control of his on body until he get's struck down and is dying, probably in Kuon's arms going by the episode preview.

….I'm probably also wrong :lol:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Poor flower guy. Got way from all the Makai bullshit only to get done in rather violently.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Hopefully this won't have a Jinga ending because I would really like to see someone don that armor.
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

Highly possible Kuon will call upon the Garo armor in the end probably vs the Dark Metal Armor.
He shines gold in one of the episode.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Take-san, is it true that the dad in this episode is Kazuhiko Nishimura??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

This is like the first episode where I didn't check the cast, but it looks like it. Who's he again
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Jo Ohara/Yellow Lion from Liveman & Takeru's Dad from Ghost.

Return to “-Versus Road-”