KR Zero-One 36 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:45 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
55%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 20
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Zero-One 36 released

Post by Catastrophe »

But it sticks to the fabrication motif that both satellites have. The others just pull weapons out of thin air as usual.

They'll drop it after a while.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

PDA wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm any clues of what happened with that black zetsume key that izu evil twin used to gather data from all 4 metsubojinrai members? so far ark dont use that key on henshin...
Apparently it is already preloaded in the driver itself so there's no proper insertion of anything. Just press the button and Henshin. I am not sure if I heard that on Facebook from Tokullectible's post for the new Rider Kick Figures on preorder or Hikonen Liner.

And its very likely Kamen Rider Ark belt is premium bandai item since they need to make new belts and collectibles for next series Kamen Rider.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: HELL YEAH BABY! Zero-One is Back!

Post by FangTrigger »

You have absolutely no idea how much I missed this show. At my most recent job where I was an order picker, every so often I had to say Zero One to confirm a location, and when I did Real X Eyes always started playing in my head. Great to see the first Reiwa Rider back in action!

This was a great 'cover your bases' episode that helped tie together some loose ends that the series placed on hold due to Corona, and I was invested for the entire duration. Heck, the final fight with Arc switching bodies was beyond my expectations, but we'll get to that later.

That being said, Arc is currently tied with Dan Kuroto for creepiest Rider transformation. Whereas Thouser had more of a regal transformation, Ark's was nothing short of terrifying. From the inky-pitch forms to the cacophony of screams combined with Yaiba's visible fear and almost outright reluctance to do battle.... just *Chef's kiss* *Chef's kisses all around!* Though I was concerned when I saw Naki go down. Despite the little time she's had on the show, I do want there to be more of her kicking ass in the future.

And thank god that Yaiba actually had a logical reason for wanting to restore Naki to a Humagear. I was worried that it was going to be something completely useless to the overall plot, but it fits. Maybe I just wasn't paying that much attention or it was just to go along with the scene, but did Yaiba always have those freckles on her face?

Maybe it was because of the movie, but it feels great to see the Vice President and Yamashita on screen more, even if it's for these short moments.

Fuwa has changed so much from the start of the series and I can say that I've enjoyed the ride, but finding out that his family is still alive kinda leaves me with a 'Bloodshot' taste in my mouth. You know, one of those things that you'd expect the big boss to have his bases covered with but doesn't because plot? Kinda how I feel here.

Anyway, back to the boss fight. Arc will certainly prove to be a most dangerous enemy, especially as it seems it is able to take control of/replicate tech from both Hiden and Zaia at a whim. I expect Thouser to either get an upgrade soon or get executed somewhere down the road, because I don't think this series has enough room for these two to coexist.

Not gonna bother with the spoiler tag, but Naki's Rider Form looks interesting. Like a cross between a sickle weasel and a wolverine. Can't wait to see it in action.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Is it just me, or was Izu just "some character in the background" for the most part of this episode?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

One of Zero Ones biggest flaws, in my opinion is that it really struggles to juggle the characters that it has, with some characters just being there for some episodes.
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

I think sometimes they have no choice.
Seems like they are rushing to combine ideas into the episode due to the break from the COVID19.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

Unrelated to the episode but Kiramager sub is kind of late. May I inquire for the reason.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

-Why is Ark a weird spiky plasma ball? Is this how technology works? You know nanomachines are a thing right? Just say he's made of nanomachines.
He's a virus. I guess the spiky ball thing is a universal image for a virus, since they did the same thing in Yu-Gi-Oh with the Crush Card virus.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mighty Action X wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:13 pm Unrelated to the episode but Kiramager sub is kind of late. May I inquire for the reason.
I think Luna and Xiiliea fell in a hole or something, I dunno, they can probably give a better reason
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:19 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

-Why is Ark a weird spiky plasma ball? Is this how technology works? You know nanomachines are a thing right? Just say he's made of nanomachines.
He's a virus. I guess the spiky ball thing is a universal image for a virus, since they did the same thing in Yu-Gi-Oh with the Crush Card virus.
He's not a virus. Not all evil AI are viruses???
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Typically, he is programmed that way due to Gai. Another thing that I find disappointing in this installment is that I had watched Person of Interest and I can tell that Takahashi was influenced by that idea but Zea haven't made any contact yet that's in the same level that Ark had been doing.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:05 pm

He's like a virus. I mean infecting Horobi and company like he does, that's probably the imagery they're going for.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”