KR Zero-One 40 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
76%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 40 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.27 / 5 stars (15 votes)

Alt Title: Is You There?

I think I ended up enjoying this episode, but I think the journey to the introduction to Zero-Two has some rough spots.

Good stuff first, the action with Zero-Two is fantastic. I like the fact that Zero-Two isn't overly ostentatious, he's still sleek, but has some cool highlights that look Ichigouish. Yeah, his powers are pretty much the same as when Shining was first introduced, but the effect works, and the battle feels fast and dynamic. Very good!

The stuff with Aruto and Gai and Yaiba and Fuwa getting gunned down I'm a bit mixed on. I think it's a great shocker in the moment. I was wondering if this was a part of some plan or deception (Aruto, just run away when you're told to, you jackass, you got Jin hurt), but when we find out it's all a part of Is' simulation it loses me the slightest bit. It's a balancing between the emotions of "Is is the new There, that's awesome" and "Oh, it was just a dream/it didn't really happen, I feel tricked"

The final couple of downers is Is' brain falling out and becoming the Zero-Two Key and Aruto and Is holding hands and the Zero-Two unit appearing out of nowhere. In a world where 3D fabrication can do anything, this sort of magical making things out of nothing is kind of dissatisfying. Also, we had an episode with Was explaining they can't take Is' brain out without severe consequences, and here it appears not to matter. Maybe I missed something, but whaaaaat?

Also, 2 isn't in the 0/1 binary dynamic. Kind of weird to see little computer 0's and 2's floating around

I generally don't use a lot of contractions for Is in previous episodes, because she hadn't really hit the singularity point. (Like Humagear with low intelligence or are far off from hitting the singularity speak robotically and don't use many contractions when speaking) In this episode, of course, Is uses a lot of contractions. This speech scheme is from Star Trek TNG since Data, the android, doesn't use contractions when he speaks. Compare this to say Raiden who's very old and probably has reached the singularity, he speaks in a manner very natural to human speech.

Hey, Takei Emi is in a cm this week. Guess she's working again since she'll be in the new Kenshin movie too.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zero-One 40 released

Post by Aeikozz »

it's not that 2 isn't in binary it's just it's not used in that specific language. i would imagine if you did use a language that used 2 as well it would probably makes Cubed Complicated than binary. that would then be a new language.

And since it's a new language and Zea did awaken inside her the way i interpreted was that Zea inside her was able to replicate a new humagear key to become Zero two.

Everyone on the Looping of time this week. First Agents of Shield and now 01. Weird how that works.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Izu goes through the same thing that Doctor Strange did in Infinity War, choose a better solution from a large amount of prediction.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I absolutely adored this episode, and it was nice to see Ark actually be proper threatening and not just walk away before he kills. (Even if it was a simulation)
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

the episode is pretty dark

Watching your partner or someone you cared about died multiple times in front of you. One's soul could be broken :shock:

Noa did really great job in this episode

anyway, next week seems will have more shocking moment :shock:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I didn't enjoy this episode. For whatever the reason, the pacing is horrible, but who knows if it was supposed to be spaced out and they've heavily condensed it due to the shortened schedule.

The problem I have with the simulation, is that there is no reason for them to obscure the fact that they were simulations from the viewer other than to create very cheap tension. I'm glad that it wasn't another 'Rider gets killed but final form revives him' thing, but at the same time most of the episode is inconsequential. Also, Izu doesn't seem to be aware she's in a simulation, which strikes me as an odd direction choice.

Additionally, why is it now that the Ark wants to kill everyone? End of last episode it just took the 01 driver and left Aruto alive, but now suddenly wants to kill them? My guess is that taking over Zea gave him some more insight, but not mentioning the change of motivation is bad story telling.

Finally, I understand the point of 02. You want to make a new system and give it a Rider # 2 reference. But it's lame for a final form. 01s forms all had this cool evolution to them. If 02 had been introduced at the halfway point after Aruto lost Hiden and then evolved again from there it would work better.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Immediate problems I have include likewise, the Ark deciding it now wants to kill Aruto even though it easily could have done so on multiple previous occasions including the end of the last episode, and the rather odd form of cause and correlation of how our new toys are created in this episode.

But honestly, the stuff that I did enjoy about this episode really blew all the problems I did have aside. The build-up with the simulations from Izu's perspective I found really engaging, and seeing her break down and cry, expressing large emotions for the first time in the show, had exactly the big impact I always hoped such a scene would. At the end of the day, our new power comes from the trust between Aruto and Izu, and thus of the trust between that of a human and humagear. It's super cheesy but I'm into it.

Zero-Two itself, my opinion on it has went a lot of places since I first saw images of it a while ago. When I first saw it, I was just "that's just Zero-One with some extra bits on him?", and then I was like "Oh, that's the point.", but then I was like "But it's still just Zero-One with some extra bits on him!". Now though? I'm fully on-board with this as the final form. The form's additions and changes do just enough to feel like Rising Hopper but giving the impressing of being more 'refined' and improved, and it coming with a brand new name for the Rider really sells me on the fact that this is a bold, fresh new start for Aruto, representing how he's surpassing the legacy of his family's company and making a new name for himself. ...Granted, that's kinda immediately muddied by what the preview for next episode implies will happen, but for right now, I really like the form and everything it represents.

The fight is plenty cool too! A form like Zero-Two is perfect for a focus on fast-moving fisticuffs as opposed to grand and wild special effects. Watching the Ark getting beat up is admittedly not that exciting a prospect because it barely counts as a character, but I admit there's still that simple and base appeal of watching our hero overcome this enemy that's been otherwise overpowering him.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

Now thats some action for Zero-Two, even though it does look a bit too plan for a final form of Zero-One.
not sure were to upload this, but here is the 4 min trailer of Kamen Rider Saber that came out if you want to use this for subs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1EGkIX6GeY
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

There's a lot of elements I liked about this episode including finally having a physical depiction onto why Ark is such a threat. With a calculating power to that extent, it is really a brutal challenge to defeat him.
jamebarktoku
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by jamebarktoku »

I've loved the Zero-Two suit from the moment I saw it, so seeing it in action was amazing to watch. The insert theme in the background of that fight was the cherry on top. That whole sequence makes it my favourite final form first fight from the seasons I've watched. I will say the episode pacing is a little lob-sided, we spend a little too long in the first simulation and not long enough in rest of the ones we see. That said, I will say Ms. Tsurushima knocks it out of the park in this episode. She sells Izu's emotions so well that I teared up a little when I saw her break down. I was deeply impressed with her performance.

I do think the build-up to this form debut is a little rushed, probably due to the hiatus. I think this whole thing would've worked slightly better with a properly paced 2-parter, but what we got was quite well written, well acted and gave us the best Zero-One suit hands down in my opinion.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL, someone sent me an e-mail saying There is a mistake and Zea is the correct spelling. You can present people with evidence and stuff, but that doesn't mean they can let go of their initial notions.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, Mabushina's tears (from reading a Lupin manga) can create the raw material from the double doll, and Izu's tears can create the Zero-Two driver? Sailor Moon would be proud!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:58 pm LOL, someone sent me an e-mail saying There is a mistake and Zea is the correct spelling. You can present people with evidence and stuff, but that doesn't mean they can let go of their initial notions.
Stardrago?

My problem is I flip flop with spellings because I can't really be bothered remembering haha.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I liked the reference to Kamen Rider Nigo

I don't think 02 is his final form.

I think it's a upgraded base form, and then they'll continue with the add-ons all the way to new final form.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:58 pm LOL, someone sent me an e-mail saying There is a mistake and Zea is the correct spelling. You can present people with evidence and stuff, but that doesn't mean they can let go of their initial notions.
Zea vs Ark

That makes sense IMO.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”