Kiramager Episode 16 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 16 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.31 out of 5 stars (13 votes)

Alt Title: Obligatory Green/Silver pairing

I always enjoy seeing Sena on screen so I thought that was a fine episode. I liked the way she bossed pink and blue into finding the treasure for Takamichi this time

Cool to see the Mio interview and her mentioning being on Ghost before. Interesting that the actors don't need to meet a physical minimum to be a part of these shows

Thought it was funny to see older Akiho put Takamichi on the spot about his age

Next week, obligatory yellow and silver pairing!

Notes while watching:
-I like that the monster basically just has a pillowcase for a head

-Looks like the Kiramagers have given up on social distancing

-Did they give Kurantula a mouth just so he can eat marshmallows? What a concept! Would be nice if they explained why the new batch of marshmallows have to be made out of humans

-Oh nevermind, they found an excuse to wear masks. Thumb up!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kiramager Episode 16 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I liked this episode. Though I could just be biased because Sena's speech to Takamichi hit me in a personal spot, and although it's not easy, I kind of needed to hear it. The big fight at the end was enjoyable; I hope we get to see Kirameijin Mixellan again, it's too fun to be restricted to a one-off.

I do wonder what Inori Minase thought of them doing a baking scene given 3 years prior, she was on a baking-themed Precure.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:38 pm I do wonder what Inori Minase thought of them doing a baking scene given 3 years prior, she was on a baking-themed Precure.
Who?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:02 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:38 pm I do wonder what Inori Minase thought of them doing a baking scene given 3 years prior, she was on a baking-themed Precure.
Who?
Inori Minase's the voice actress for Mabushiina. A few years ago, she also voiced Ciel Kirahoshi/Cure Parfait in KKPCaLMode so I was thinking that maybe the scene felt familiar to her.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

In my mind, this is the perfect Sentai episode. Yes its a Green/Silver focus, but everybody gets to do something. Yellow comes up with the plan to kill the monster, Red gives him the inspiration. Pink and Blue go treasure hunting and I laughed quite hard when Pink accidentally activated Shiny Breakers finisher.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Alright. This week's episode is finally out! I've had a bag of marshmallows in my pantry just to munch on for this episode, so I'm glad it's no longer taunting me. Om nom nom!

This was a really solid team building episode. I don't think there's anything that tread new ground here - so it's perhaps not particularly ambitious - but everything it set out to do it did well. Part of me wonders if this was the right plot for a Green/Silver episode, since kicking Silver's ass into gear for the team's sake seems like that should be more of a red thing (being the leader and all), but the sideplot of the lost love really only works when Silver is paired up with one of the girls.

Marshmallow Jamen was really something else. The outfits are as cheap as always, but I like the attention to detail on putting padding in the suit to make him look paunchy. Otherwise he's kind of the standard invincible enemy, but it's as good an excuse as any to give the Kiramagers an ice weapon. However I think the writers just kind of gave up once Silver showed up, as he had no problem fighting the MOTW.

I am of two thoughts on the giant MOTW though. Launch Jamenju was definitely underused in his debut. So I'm not terribly surprised to see him back. But it also feels a bit lazy to reuse a MOTW only 16 episodes in? Also, I'm not sure what a missile monster has to do with marshmallows. But it was a good mecha fight (despite keeping distanced), so all's well that ends well.

I could pass on the new mashin though. Normally I like vehicle Sentais, but the designs are just so plain. It's a concrete mixer mecha, but lamer. The whole crystal aesthetic makes the mecha look cheap.

Meanwhile, it's time for the Kiramager COVID drinking game. Take a shot whenever you see a mask. Take 3 shots if all 6 rangers are masked! :shock:

Finally, is it me or does Sena's actress have a bit of a slasher smile? Like, she's this short little thing (especially standing next to Silver), but the way she smiles, I wouldn't be half surprised if she had a butcher's knife in the next scene. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:36 pm Interesting that the actors don't need to meet a physical minimum to be a part of these shows
I have to think there's some kind of requirement, even if it's downplayed for the interview. If she were truly uncoordinated, she wouldn't have this job. Sentai actors need to be able to do choreographed dances.
-Looks like the Kiramagers have given up on social distancing
Side observation: I'm surprised by just how little Red was cut out of the show since it's returned. For being out for 3(ish) weeks on top of the full COVID shutdown, he still made it into every episode, and had enough screentime that it wasn't obvious he was unavailable for a long period of time.
-Did they give Kurantula a mouth just so he can eat marshmallows? What a concept! Would be nice if they explained why the new batch of marshmallows have to be made out of humans
Poor Kurantula. All he wanted was some marshmallows to eat, and the Kiramagers had to ruin all of that.:(
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 am In my mind, this is the perfect Sentai episode. Yes its a Green/Silver focus, but everybody gets to do something. Yellow comes up with the plan to kill the monster, Red gives him the inspiration. Pink and Blue go treasure hunting and I laughed quite hard when Pink accidentally activated Shiny Breakers finisher.
This is actually a really good point. As we've seen time and time again, it's hard to write episodes that put all of the rangers to use, especially after the sixth joins. Everyone gets an important role to play here, and it's one of the things that makes the episode so enjoyable.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's also when sentai is at its best. I don't know why the formula is so hard to grasp when there are years of examples of what to do.

It's like a good Simpsons episode will have Homer to 2 or 3 great things even when the episode isn't about him. Shigeru freaking out because Sayo nearly kills him while digging for treasure is all you need to have him shine in an episode not about him. I feel like sentai in the last 5 or so years never utilised the characters when the episode wasn't about them.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

I really liked this episode. Sena and Taka work well together. I think my only complaint is that we don't spend any time with Akiho before the very end. I was expecting the two to meet at the halfway point, she's still kinda mad, Taka saves her from the monster, then they make up. For what we got, though, it was good enough.
ViRGE wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:42 am Alright. This week's episode is finally out! I've had a bag of marshmallows in my panty just to munch on for this episode, so I'm glad it's no longer taunting me.
That does not sound comfortable in the slightest lol.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.

Post by Zerato »

Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned the PPAP reference during the credits.
KR

SS
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

That online lesson talk CM? Was that Hilltop's actor?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Zerato wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:45 pm
ViRGE wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:42 am Alright. This week's episode is finally out! I've had a bag of marshmallows in my panty just to munch on for this episode, so I'm glad it's no longer taunting me.
Well it's just food. There's a whole test for toddlers to see how well they can handle delayed gratification by giving them 1 marshmallow now or 2 later. But yes, it's a lot more fun to eat marshmallows than to have them staring back at you from the shelf. :P
Zerato wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:06 pm Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned the PPAP reference during the credits.
I missed it. What was it?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 pm
Zerato wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:06 pm Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned the PPAP reference during the credits.
I missed it. What was it?
Muryou and Jyuru did some hand movements similar to the PPAP dance in the bit during the ending credits
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i almost kind of felt that this episode should have been Pink/Silver since it would make more sense given past episodes, and would have built on potential PinkXSilver (SayoMichi?) ship. But it made me like Sena more, because she was helping a team member despite it being none of her business, asserting to Taka that they care about him, and its very super sentai. I especially liked when Taka called sena out for have been in Akiho's position, and Sena saying NO that never happened, and flat out told Taka he needs to do this to get over it.

Mixellon's color is a puke green. why? lol couldnt they have used something a wee bit brighter? But i do like its a gun and not some other weird weapon.

Sayo not knowing how to use shiny Breaker was a nice touch. and the Convo between her and Shigeru not knowing what treasure Takemichi is searching for was a nice touch, meaning he still hasnt opened up to them.

Looks like Tame is trying to steal Juuryu's main thing so he can steal the leader spot from poor wallflower!
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zerato »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 pm
Zerato wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:45 pm
Well it's just food. There's a whole test for toddlers to see how well they can handle delayed gratification by giving them 1 marshmallow now or 2 later. But yes, it's a lot more fun to eat marshmallows than to have them staring back at you from the shelf. :P
You missed the joke I was making. You forgot the "r" in "pantry" in your original comment.
KR

SS
Lunagel
Mofu~