Kiramager Episode 17 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 17 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.58 out of 5 stars (12 votes)

Alt Title: Who will silver pair with this week?

Alright episode. Tame is truly the star of the series with his smartass remarks and fun bits. Plus he gets a hammer in this episode. Power up?

I guess everyone was expecting Takamichi to be searching for the silver Kiramei Stone, but revealing that it's a wish stone to save Mabushiina and that the silver stone was in him all along... was a choice, I guess? Defying viewer expectations might not always be a good thing, I'm just saying.

A kanaestone might be a pun on kaname-ishi (要石) which is Japanese for "keystone"

Notes:
-Why didn't Silver get turned into a card if that's the Jamenshi's whole deal? Liked that he did a transformation by putting on his head

-In a continuation of defying expectations, I was totally expecting Tame to hit the mole on the actual monsters head. But instead he just hits the one in the game like the monster was expecting...

-The silver stone is incredibly rare
It's the source of the power
BTW it was used to revive Takamichi
So it's right here...

finally, submit Takamichi to the punishment of phalluses:
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: Kiramager Episode 17 released

Post by BreadToku »

Tametomo miiiight be my favourite character? Hard to say for sure but he's definitely up there. The little funhouse adventure he has with Takamichi is probably my favourite of these Silver+Friend focus episodes. It's a mostly silly series of games, that feels a lot more heartfelt once Tame lays out his reasons for helping out Takamichi. This gamer is much more insightful than you'd think at first!

And we finally unveil the SIlver's robot. It's definitely the 'muscle' of all the mecha so far, being a lot more bulky and angular than the previous two, but I always enjoy a classic, blocky robot. That he himself turns into the mecha itself is pretty novel, I don't quite remember when the last time that happened was. It's light-up effect being a single colour instead of the main mecha's five I think makes it pop out more when they have it glowing and flashing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, Tame is pretty great. Love his sarcasm coupled with his genuinely good leader skills. He's a pretty good straightman to his weirdo teammates. I mean, he's like the most normalish guy of the bunch in a crew of crazy people.

Silver becoming the gem is neat... but I wish he turned into the head like a headmaster or something. The stone that pops out that ultimately becomes the mecha's head doesn't look anything like the stone he becomes
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I guess we're collecting dragon balls now? I'm trying not to be too snarky here, but to some degree I feel like that trope has been overdone at this point. KR Ghost did it, and that was basically what Kyuuranger and the Lupinrangers were doing as well. So "collect widgets, get wish" is not breaking new ground these days.

Speaking of breaking ground, we (finally) have Gigant Driller. I'm not totally sold on the new robo, but there are some definite bits I like. Thankfully the whole crystalline aesthetic is reduced on this one, so while it's not eliminated, the new robo doesn't look like a big hunk of cheap plastic like Kirameijin. Also, I really like how the torso is designed to look articulated. There's obviously still a person in that suite, but the waist makes it look a bit less like a person and a bit more like a giant robot that can spin its torso independently from its legs.

Now let's see how long until they discover it can combine with Kirameijin.:lol:

The silver stone aspect tripped me up a bit though, mostly because I thought the silver stone was literally in the dude to begin with. So for that not to be the case came as a bit of a surprise. Though I suppose all of that is moot if he's basically the embodiment of the stone and can turn into the darned thing at will.

Also, I question the wisdom in using an ancient, sentient, all-powerful stone as the head of a warhammer. But it did make for an epic game of wack-a-mole.

Finally, I have no idea how Tametomo was able to just instantly dispel the poison. I had been expecting an explanation there that never came. It seems important enough to the story that I'm not sure how it isn't a plot hole.:(
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:21 pm -Why didn't Silver get turned into a card if that's the Jamenshi's whole deal? Liked that he did a transformation by putting on his head
That is a very good question.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:21 pm -In a continuation of defying expectations, I was totally expecting Tame to hit the mole on the actual monsters head. But instead he just hits the one in the game like the monster was expecting...
I was expecting that to happen as well! Speaking of Expectation Subversion, I lost it when the Hammer Jamunju bounced back and hit Kirameijin as if it was spring loaded. As for the fight scenes, that brief fight between Takamichi and Garuza with the long single cut was REALLY well shot IMO.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how Tame is set up to be the weird Yellow but is actually the most normal. Him and Red pair really well together. Him having the hammer this episode reminds me that I hate series where they don't have individual weapons.

I'm impressed the restraint they've shown in waiting so long to have the robot form for Silvers mech appear.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, the kanaestones are the greatest treasure of the universe? Will we have an episode soon were an unseen person is eating curry rice?

Was this episode an homage to Takashi's Castle?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:07 am As for the fight scenes, that brief fight between Takamichi and Garuza with the long single cut was REALLY well shot IMO.
Right?! That was a 25 second long take. They even managed to have someone move around just off-camera and pick up Silver's weapon from the ground (after it was knocked away) to toss it back to him, making it look like he was summoning his weapon. To do that many individual stunts/tricks in a single take is legitimately impressive.

The timing is funny though. We were just reminiscing about the lack of unconventional handicam shots in the Lupin Vs Pat Vs Ryusoulger thread. It's been a while since Sentai has done a shot like that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was a nice shot. I did notice though in this scene in particular is that the jackhammer look for the shiny breaker doesn't look very easy to wield as a weapon.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Oh hey, someone other than Jewel using the combined cannon. I was wondering how long that would take.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

He's the only one that has both weapons. Tame only did it because he was borrowing Jewels sword.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 pm He's the only one that has both weapons. Tame only did it because he was borrowing Jewels sword.
Is he? I could've sworn they all had both and simply preferred using one or the other.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Perhaps by default they all should have them, just like Gokaiger but Toei didn't make 5 but only 3 pairs of guns and swords. One can get a full pair but the rest had to choose
indestructibleman
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by indestructibleman »

I felt like Tametomi was acting a bit like Juru with his trying to get Takemichi to open up. Maybe he's learning.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Magatama

Post by takenoko »

Apparently my mutant ability is being an expert on Japanese stones. I forgot to mention that in addition to being a Kanaestone, the shape is important.

The comma shaped jewel/stones are called magatama and have some associations with Japanese myth:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magatama# ... _mythology

From the article, the shape is speculated to be in the shape of animal fangs/teeth, fetuses, the soul, or the shape of the moon.

For you Sailor Moon fans, the jewel in the Imperial Regalia of Japan or the three treasures of Japan (the other two being a sword and mirror) apparently was a Magatama. The eye drilled into the jewel was used to wear as a necklace or in bracelets. This, along with the sword and mirror, were used by Japanese villages to display their power/status.

I thought this was interesting, apparently the jewel really exists and is the only treasure that's still in the original form:

"Daniel Clarence Holtom stated in 1928 in Japanese enthronement ceremonies; with an account of the imperial regalia that the Yasakani no Magatama is the only one of the three regalia that exists in its original form; post-World War II scholarship supports the claim. Replicas of the sword and mirror were made as early as the 9th century, and the originals were entrusted to other shrines."

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”