Kiramager Episode 18 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 18 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.44 out of 5 stars (9 votes)

Alt Title: Evil Ranger

Huh, are they throwing shade at Jyuuru's acting ability? Isn't he the youngest red too or something?

While plot heavy, wasn't super into this episode since it was mostly just red and silver with a little bit of Mabushiina

Who else thought the queen was Mabushiina at first? In fact, I bet it's just her character wearing a funny hat
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 18 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Reusing the evil silver plot again? At least it only lasted one episode.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

We're probably at the end of these pairing Silver with one other person episodes, and this one was just as nice as the others if you ask me. Jyuru embracing that classic Red attitude by now allowing anyone to suffer even if everyone else believes it's inevitable. I'm always into that.

Putting mean eyes on SIlver's visor to indicate this is an 'eeeeviiiil' version is very budget and also very cute, so I liked that. What's cute in a more humourous sense is that p-bandai is selling that repainted Shiny Changer as if this single episode is in any way comparable to HebitsukaiMetal and his whole arc. I'm sure collectors will be all over it regardless...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

And the quest for the dragon balls continues.

That episode had some rough edges, but it was pretty good. I liked that they picked up immediately from last week, rather than drawing out the whole reveal about why Princess Baby Puke is in trouble. On the other hand, not telling her about all of this is clumsy writing for the sake of melodrama. It's a frequently used trope, and yet it rarely ends up being as entertaining in practice as it is in theory.

The whole logic is cagey anyhow. The curse was on the queen, so why would it get passed on to Malibu Shinna?

Meanwhile, Garuza going for the Monstone was a good move. I'm glad they didn't just leave that thing in Takamichi for another 20 episodes before eventually getting around to it. It was his obvious weak point, and using it to turn Silver evil was neat to watch. It gives us the (practically inevitable) Core 5 vs. Sixth Ranger fight, but in a framework that reasonably explains why the Sixth is kicking the entire team's ass today, and yet isn't curbstomping monsters on his own tomorrow. It neatly sidesteps the Sixth otherwise having to take a power nerf after they join the team, which is really obvious in seasons where they have to fight the Sixth before said member join the team.

Though with the Monstone gone, this does raise the question of why the silver stone is still in Takamichi. I feel like that is something Toei is just going to ignore, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

In the meantime, despite being dead for the last 18 episodes, Oladdin just won't go away, will he? :lol: For all of his appearances, he's actually proving to be rather unhelpful. At no point in that conversation does he tell Jewel anything (on screen) that's useful. Instead it's just a generic pep talk. You almost feel bad for Jewel; he's basically being stalked by the annoyingly upbeat ghost of an alien.

Moving on to the mecha fight, holy hell is Gigant Driller Giga-Sized Special ugly! Normally when Toei pulls out the clustermech formation it's with the crazy 10+ part robos where they have to start sticking pieces everywhere just to make them fit. But no, Toei has built a clustermech out of just 4 parts! And technically I'm not sure the vacuum cleaner even counts as being attached, since that's hand-held.

The only rationale I can think of for this is that someone at Bandai demanded that the aux mechs be used with Gigant Driller. I cannot otherwise think of why the production team would do it here; it looks like they had to kitbash the whole thing together.

Speaking of Gigant Driller, did anyone find that conversation between Silver and Pineapple Boss about Drijan to be super weird? "But wait kids, before we get to the action, here's a quick update to tell you that we've updated the name of the toy you need to buy!" It was completely unnatural and broke the flow of the episode. Did someone at Bandai discover that Drijan wasn't selling because it didn't have Mashin in the name? (And we'll ignore for the moment that it's not a Mashin to begin with...)

On the plus side, I did like the beauty shot of the three titans together. Only Gigant Driller really did anything, because Bandai has toys to sell, but we rarely get to see more than two robos out at once. This also means that we're now at 3 of the 4 promised titans - at only 18 episodes in, no less - so there's one more robo to go for the rest of the season.

On that note, I also liked how Jewel used King Express just to tie up Garuza/Smog Joukey. Again, it's to clear the field to show off Gigant Driller, but it's done in such a way that's logical and faithful to the show's lore. At this point Jewel can't overpower Garuza, so he can't really use King Express; but by the same token, Garuza isn't strong enough to break the formation. So it's a good way to make that stalemate in power relevant to the episode's plot.

Finally, I see Toei's love of Bruce Lee is as strong as ever. What a random thing to name after him... :lol:
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 pm Who else thought the queen was Mabushiina at first? In fact, I bet it's just her character wearing a funny hat
I realize the queen is a one-off character. But couldn't they have at least used the adult Malibu Shinna costume as a base? That looks like they used the kid costume, so the queen looks like she's the size of a 10 year old.
Catastrophe wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:03 am Reusing the evil silver plot again? At least it only lasted one episode.
I appreciate the throwback since it made for a genuinely interesting episode. But I also had the same thought: I'm glad this wasn't drawn out. (Maybe that was the original plan, and this is where they're cutting episodes?)
BreadToku wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:38 am Putting mean eyes on SIlver's visor to indicate this is an 'eeeeviiiil' version is very budget and also very cute, so I liked that.
For as cheap as the effect is, it looks really good. They put the patterns for the eyes under the visor glass, so it looks like it's part of the helmet and not just a sticker placed on top. So it looks as professional as any other Sentai helmet.
What's cute in a more humourous sense is that p-bandai is selling that repainted Shiny Changer as if this single episode is in any way comparable to HebitsukaiMetal and his whole arc. I'm sure collectors will be all over it regardless...
I can hear the cash registers ringing already...
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Does anyone that owns the Mashin toys know if that combination with Driller is actually possible?
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yes. Driller has a lot of mounting points all over its body to attach various mashins, including one on top of the right shoulder that Shovel attached.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I will spoiler this since it deals with information from a commercial.
Spoiler

In the G-Rosso stage play they are introducing Kirame Gold. Judging from the new scene in the opening, will Kirame gold be Mabushina using the four dragon balls to transform?
I don't think they are throwing shade at Red's actor's acting ability since it takes a lot of acting ability to act in a poor way.

Is it an in thing to do in the fandom to give Mabushina strange names? (Although Malibu Shina sounds like it will sell as a doll with Takamichi Ken.)
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Another good episode yet again but good god, when was the last time we had a body switching episode, let alone on such a huge scale!?!?!? Really looking forward to next episode xD
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:25 pm I will spoiler this since it deals with information from a commercial.
Spoiler

In the G-Rosso stage play they are introducing Kirame Gold. Judging from the new scene in the opening, will Kirame gold be Mabushina using the four dragon balls to transform?

No they're not? That's RyusoulGold in the CM
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:19 pm Another good episode yet again but good god, when was the last time we had a body switching episode, let alone on such a huge scale!?!?!? Really looking forward to next episode xD
ToQger is the last one I remember. Don't think Ninnin, Zyuoh, or Kyu had one and I haven't seen LvP or Ryusoul to confirm.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Lupin Blue has an episode where he switches with a Ganglar.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

resop2 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:25 pm Is it an in thing to do in the fandom to give Mabushina strange names? (Although Malibu Shina sounds like it will sell as a doll with Takamichi Ken.)
That's mostly a "me" thing. I can't be bothered to remember the weird spelling for her name. Also, I don't care much for the character.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

By the way, the files haven't been added to the Dropbox. I don't know if it's one person who's doing it, or several, but I thought you might want to know. Maybe you do know and there is a reason for it, but since there was nothing posted about it, it seems like an oversight.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:03 pm No they're not? That's RyusoulGold in the CM
Okay, I didn't watch very many episodes of that series, so that's why I got confused.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

When Shiguru suggested to Muryou to kick Jyuuru out of the base, it was a bit funny out of context.

Besides the obvious change to include Driller's human form to the credits, there was a surprising change to the credits as well.

EDIT: Image shows up if you rightclick and open it in a new tab.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”