KR Zero-One 44 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 44 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.86 / 5 stars (21 votes)

Alt Title:

People are giving Zero-One a lot of love for last week's episode. 20 people gave it a 5 star rating!

Really liked this one too. I'm a sucker when everyone gets something to do. Naki obviously gets the weakest part, since they just give up their key to Fuwa. (I thought Fuwa couldn't transform because his brain chip was disabled, not because his key didn't work- ah whatever)

I enjoy that Gai's been demoted to some warehouse room for his office

Horobi's slimy transformation into Ark-Poison is pretty good too

I don't remember the last time I've rooted so much for a hero to not fight the villain

I know it's Japan and not America, but do we really need a police-looking guy holding a demonstrator at gun point? Feels a little too drawn from current events for my liking

Edit: What's up with the shot of Naki under the plane?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zero-One 44 released

Post by Aeikozz »

ok so we can revive jin but not Izu. mannnn fuck this show. FUCK this ending. THIS GARBAGE ENDING.

Sigh this shows deserves so much more better..
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Since the very final episode is clearly going to be all about Aruto vs Horobi, this episode is sorta everyone else's last chance to weigh in on the situation, and I was into it. This episode is chock full of dramatic, emotional speeches, and most of them landed surprisingly well for me. That said, Catastrophe mentioned in the previous thread how the destination was given more priority than the journey, and yeah... absolutely every single of these plot threads that come to a head did not receive nearly as much care in being set up.

I was actually most affected by our vice-president and his two pals. To see them pleading to the humagears to believe in Aruto is really nice. This would feel more like a big turn around if there had been more instances during the show of them scheming against Aruto or whatnot, but I still found it sweet.

Yaiba gives a speech about how humagears aren't just tools. This would have been a really nice full-circle moment considering how in the beginning of the series, she was firmly in the camp that humagears are just tools for humans but... well, we all know by now she's gotten the short end of the stick repeatedly. I'm glad she got a little scene near the end to herself, at least.

And then Ikazuchi/Raiden gives Horobi a speech that while ultimately ineffective, drives home all the ways Horobi is screwing up. I still don't think Raiden as a character ever actually needed to even exist, but well, Jin's too dead at the moment to talk to Horobi, so I can appreciate the use of him here.

The biggest highlight was naturally Fuwa's last attempt to stop Aruto. I guess Naki contributes by extension but it's really all Fuwa (Missed opportunity not to have them merge again and pull a CycloneJoker [wolf/wolf??] on Aruto). On a show like Kamen Rider, your passionate dialogue is best punctuated by a great fight scene, and this is really nice bit of action. I feel a bit bad for saying that I think I spent more time being impressed by Zero-Two (weird to see that form again!) dominating the fight while moving forward, than I was at Vulcan's determination! Those shots of Ark One once again with the background dark, punctuated with one of Aruto's own face was a really nice touch, but my favourite moment was Vulcan's attack from above, all to land one punch!

Speaking of action, oh my gosh there are so many kitbashed and repainted suits, not just in this episode but in this season in general. It's like they saw how successful Grease Blizzard was and decided to go absolutely nuts with the concept. Gonna be honest, I think Ark Scorpion is really ugly! Regular Horobi was already subtly menacing, and this new suit just goes absolutely over-the-top to make it 'eeeeviiiiil'. Obviously I get it's supposed to be Horobi's own version of the Ark One suit, but it's so... much, compared to relative simpleness Aruto's suit.

Zero-One as a whole has been a pretty rocky ride. Despite however 'rushed' people might say this final stretch has been, the pandemic affected hiatus has still been the absolute least of this show's problems (the biggest problems tend to have five horns...). Here, so close to the end though, I can say I'm gonna miss this show once it's over, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it wraps up.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:42 pm Edit: What's up with the shot of Naki under the plane?
It's dramatic! It was a cool shot, if nothing else.
Last edited by BreadToku on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Do you guys think Orthrus Vulcan is a powered up form for Vulcan, or it's a no?

I didn't think massive weapons available immediately after transforming into Ark-One and Ark-Horobi.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Naki really taking that social distancing to the next level.

Gotta wonder just how much of a role new ZAIA guy had pre-COVID cause coming in 3 episodes before the finale and getting undermined almost immediately is kinda shite. Guess the actor must've had a pretty solid contract cause it'd have been better to just write him out completely.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

For the ultimate fight to be a grudge match. This is not about saving the world, this personal!
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I don't really understand why others enjoy this season so much. Did both Aruto and Horobi forget that JIn has already been rebuilt once? Also that scene with Horobi and Ikazuchi, I would've forgiven the show for everything if he had answered the question with something along the lines of "wait around for a while until Subaru gets rebuilt because being destroyed is a minor inconvenience for most humagears as we have back ups and can be easily restored. I bet we could even get Jin rebuilt if we just go and ask nicely. Maybe you should've just asked them to do that during your broadcast instead of declaring war."
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not a huge fan of how this ending is panning out, but given the shots of As hugging Aruto in the grey area, I guess there is some implication that the Ark is driving his and Horobis actions. Or the writing is shit. Could be both actually.

Raiden becoming good again I get. He has his brother, and we saw him destroy the Ark. Naki on the other hand? I swear we are missing a fight between Naki and Fuwa where Naki discovers their own dream and turns a corner. It sets up them giving Fuwa the Japanese Wolf key to fight Aruto.

Speaking of, it's such a strange 'fight'. Obviously done to give Fuwa that endgame powerup to shill P-Bandai shit. Why does Aruto use 02 and not Ark 1? Did the prodcuers realise he hadn't actually used his final form much and need to try keep selling toys?

Gai suddenly going from the most unlikable to being the most useful by arranging for Jin to be rebuilt, echoing sentiments many commented on last week. Why no other character picked up on it earlier is beyond me.

Horobis new form looks cool at least.

Can't wait for this shitshow to end. I'm so disappointed.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 am Speaking of, it's such a strange 'fight'. Obviously done to give Fuwa that endgame powerup to shill P-Bandai shit. Why does Aruto use 02 and not Ark 1? Did the prodcuers realise he hadn't actually used his final form much and need to try keep selling toys?
Feel like Ark-One wouldn't make sense against Fuwa, since that's his hate mode and he's not going to fight Fuwa using that. Plus the meta reason that he'd instantly win the fight against Fuwa, even if it is still one-sided

Can the Humagears still get restored? They could before because they were being backed up on Satellite There, but now there's no satellite
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Whether or not the humagears 'can' be restored is maybe a moot point since this show has played so fast and loose when it comes to the mortality (or lack thereof) of the humagears. I don't really blame anyone for not being able to look past that, especially when it comes to Jin in particular. I myself have to actively put in effort to let it slide before appreciating what's been happening in the plot.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Interesting that Ark-Scorpion is a mix of Ark-Zero, Sting Scorpion, and Ichi-Gata.

Once Jin is brought back, you think he'll tell the others that the Zero-Two Progrisekey was made from Izu's central memory?

Aruto's in no condition to consider it, what with Ark messing with him and all, but between that, her Progrisekey, and the Three Dimensional Printing System that repaired her before, bringing her back should be doable.

Of course, she's also seen in the finale preview, so there's that.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

BreadToku wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:54 am Whether or not the humagears 'can' be restored is maybe a moot point since this show has played so fast and loose when it comes to the mortality (or lack thereof) of the humagears. I don't really blame anyone for not being able to look past that, especially when it comes to Jin in particular. I myself have to actively put in effort to let it slide before appreciating what's been happening in the plot.
They never really explained it, but the implication is that beyond building a new body, the Humagear's personal data and memory are needed and as long there's a backup, they can be restored - at least to a degree since getting hacked early on would leave only a factory reset as a possibility. After Aruto took the Humagears' data to protect them from Gai, their Progrisekeys seemed to contain both as they would wake up with their memories intact. Izu seemed to be an exception to that as Aruto used her central memory and Progrisekey to wake her up, but that might've just been to remind the audience of her central memory that was used to make the Zero-Two Progrisekey.

With Jin being a unique kind of Humagear, there was no real precedent and the implication now is that his earpiece should have enough to restore him.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:50 am Can the Humagears still get restored? They could before because they were being backed up on Satellite There, but now there's no satellite
Jin wouldn't have been backed up on There anyway and still was restored once previously by ZAIA before they had access to it. I assume they can use his Progrise key.
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

Aeikozz wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:45 pm ok so we can revive jin but not Izu. mannnn fuck this show. FUCK this ending. THIS GARBAGE ENDING.

I actually have a theory that Izu will be revived if not in the series than maybe in the next cross over movie
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

jedimax wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm
wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:45 pm ok so we can revive jin but not Izu. mannnn fuck this show. FUCK this ending. THIS GARBAGE ENDING.

I actually have a theory that Izu will be revived if not in the series than maybe in the next cross over movie
She is in the preview for the finale so we'll just have to see.

Also, Aeikozz, Jin is the only Humagear of his kind so him being revived was up in the air until Williamson Yotagaki told Gai and the others to use his earpiece to do so.

With Izu, she, Aruto, and Jin were the only ones there when her Central Memory was used to make the Zero-Two Progrisekey so if that is how they bring her back, Jin or Aruto need to think of it first.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”