Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Saber 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Wow, first KR huh? Hope this series is a good one then and leaves a good first impression lol
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

nice release, although why is it that the 'Seiken' name was translated and not kept as is? I mean didn't we already have it that the kanji for Saber has it meaning 'holy blade' already? Even during the commercial under the item name in English they had it as 'SEIKEN SWORDRIVER'. As well as for the "Kaenken Rekka' and 'Suiseiken Nagare'.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

stardrago wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:50 am why is it that the 'Seiken' name was translated and not kept as is? I mean didn't we already have it that the kanji for Saber has it meaning 'holy blade' already? Even during the commercial under the item name in English they had it as 'SEIKEN SWORDRIVER'. As well as for the "Kaenken Rekka' and 'Suiseiken Nagare'.
I thought of that too. It would've been better if the original names were kept (in my opinion).

Someone in Facebook was comparing the characters here to the KR Ghost characters (Touma-Takeru, Mei-Akari, blue guy-Makoto, Tassel-Sennin?) and now I kind of see why. Mei needs to tone it down though, she's a little too extra
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

stardrago wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:50 am nice release, although why is it that the 'Seiken' name was translated and not kept as is? I mean didn't we already have it that the kanji for Saber has it meaning 'holy blade' already? Even during the commercial under the item name in English they had it as 'SEIKEN SWORDRIVER'. As well as for the "Kaenken Rekka' and 'Suiseiken Nagare'.
Because it's a translation friend. People that don't understand Japanese don't know what any of those words would mean.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL, I see stardrago is still up to his old tricks
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Icingdeth »

First impression of Saber is kinda meh. I love the suit design but so far it seems like the series is leaning on CGI a little too heavy. Touma's character just kinda bothers me right now, there isn't anything more to him than he is a novelist, reads books to kids, and never breaks a promise. With only those character traits it seems like the writing staff will write themselves into a corner with his growth pretty quick. That editor chick is just annoying and I hope that the writing staff take the time to actually develop her character so that she isn't just some shrieking woman the entire series.

All in all looking forward to the rest of the series and still hold high hopes for the Reiwa Generation of Rider.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I could understand if they were just mistaken that those were all proper nouns. They aren't, by the way, they're just descriptive words. Unless halfway through the show, it turns out the Driver is named after a character named Seiken...
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

As my first weekly watching series since Ex-Aid, this was a solid first outing. I like Touma a lot. What's her name isn't great. She reminds me of early Akiko, and I couldn't stand early Akiko. Here's hoping she mellows out before too long. Blades didn't do anything except react to things. I'll save my first impressions for next time. A lot of the effects in this episode looked amazing, which is why it's so weird that the fight in the sword world looked like a video game cutscene.
Overall, regardless of the shows quality, I'll love it simply because of the overall theme (I've been reading longer than I've been walking) and that cool henshin sequence.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

The suits are ugly, the story is bland, and the monster shouldnt exposit everything to the main character; thats just poor writing.

All in all, the worst rider series Ive seen so far, and on the 1st episode!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

BreadToku wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:32 pm I could understand if they were just mistaken that those were all proper nouns. They aren't, by the way, they're just descriptive words. Unless halfway through the show, it turns out the Driver is named after a character named Seiken...
Nah. They just do this nitpicking all the time. Not just here, other groups releases as well.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Zerato wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:16 pmA lot of the effects in this episode looked amazing, which is why it's so weird that the fight in the sword world looked like a video game cutscene.
Apparently, Toei is using some program called "Unreal Engine 4" so that might explain it or why Saber has noodle-y spaghetti for arms.

If one wishes to save a click:
Spoiler
ぽん酢@ニチアサ/Fate絵描き @Ponzu_SHT wrote: 公式からも予算心配されてて草
#仮面ライダーセイバー
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So is this Kamen Rider Gaim-Engine?

This didn't make much of an impression on me. It could get better or it could get really unwatchable.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The driver announcement for things is almost comically long.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

It was alright, nothing exciting but at the same time nothing terrible.

Don't like how long the jingles are though I think that's the idea, hate to see how long the other ones will be. Rintaro, I kinda like this guy. Dude casually walking in Touma's shop with a lion with a smile, I'm kinda sold on the guy but who knows. Not feeling much with Touma however, there's a small bit of intrigue but I don't see much with the guy. Everyone else is ehh. Not sure why the narrator is here aside from hammering in that this series uses books so lets use a colorfully dressed person to narrate in and then out

Expectations aren't too high but it's not so low, might keep up but wouldn't be surprised if I end up losing track so 3/5
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I hope Kamen Rider Blade shows up and wrecks house =D at some point down the line.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”