Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Poll: What do you think of Saber?

Post by takenoko »

It feels like not many people are enjoying this series, and I don't really want to work on a show if no one's watching it. I haven't dropped a series before, but I'm highly considering it for Saber
Hero99
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Favorite Band: Veltpunch
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: Poll: What do you think of Saber?

Post by Hero99 »

This season is pretty dumb, but I look forward to see what happens every episode. It's probably the first rider series that keeps me hooked because I want to see if it gets better or worse, it's genuinely fun to watch!
Cl0ckwrx
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Cl0ckwrx »

Sure the show has its downsides what show doesn't. But I'm personalyl enjoying it and I feel it'll pick up down the road. I think the big downside was the start new character each ep it felt like. SURE gaim had a large cast but we met them either in sets, with gaps between it wasnt' new character that we are supposed to care about every single ep. Maybe once they get done introducing the large cast the story might start to roll out properly.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

It's fine. It's just an alright show overall for me.

Honestly, if you yourself are not enjoying the act of translating it, I think that's a bigger reason to reconsider allocating your time to doing so? This is suppose to be a passion hobby of sorts after all, so I'd hate to think you're just gritting your teeth for over a year just for other people to see.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Are you guys serious???
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Doneski.
Twilights_Bard

Post by Twilights_Bard »

It's a hot mess, I'm not going to lie or pretend it's not, the pacing seems to be going really fast, I'm not sure what to think....but I honestly am hoping that it gets better, or that there's SOME sort of pay-off for this. Call me crazy (Because I am), but I'm just interested in seeing where they're going with it.
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

I don't post about the show here, but I'm enjoying it. By contrast, I dropped Kiramager due to lack of interest. There are things that annoy me about Sabre, but most of them are the same things that have been annoying me about everything from Ghost onward, and it's doing a few things that have perked my interest.

I'm sorry to hear you're hating it, though, and I appreciate that you've been translating it!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:59 pm Image

Are you guys serious???
I never used to pay attention to the weekly polls until Saber. There are definitely more voters then unique posters in any given reply thread. Even in this one, there are people I've never seen before haha.
Raziel-Faustus
Favorite series: kamen rider ooo
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider kiva
My boom: eurobeat
Quote: What is today but yesterdays tomorrow

Post by Raziel-Faustus »

while i can understand the logic of if not many people are enjoying perhaps drop it at least for me while i find the pacing to be really fast there are moments and characters i do like and when watching it i do remember watching drives first half thinking similar thoughts so perhaps the show can do a drive esq turn around pun intended
Comatose
Gabu
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Henshin devices

Post by Comatose »

It's been a long time since I've participated in anything on the forum, I've really just been casually coming around and popping my head in here and there, but I felt I should voice my opinion.

I'm liking Saber. I do think it's moving too quickly compared to other shows and that might put people off. Like others have posted, I'm hoping there's a payoff to all of it. There is one thing that I am not a fan of and that is the transformation effects. The long drawn out ones with the full CGI effects behind the riders with the book and the pages turning and all that. Sure it fits the theme but it's too "Sentai" for me. Not saying it's a bad thing but I've always felt that rider shows, though meant for kids, were less flashy than that. If I'm making sense. I prefer the shorter effect versions like when Espada went against Calibur.

And now I'm going to retreat back into my hole....
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

I stopped watching Saber at 08. The plot and pacing is an absolute abomination and it came from the same writer who gave us the equally terrible Ghost. I've been watching KR on TVN for 9 years now and I simply gave up on getting something good or better on this because it's definitely going nowhere. the recent KRs has really lost it's touch after Drive and I'm tired of hoping. The only post drive KR that i've finished is Zero-One, nothing more. At least Kiramager is awesome so far.
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Silent majority can be quite surprising at times. I'm also enjoying it a lot and honestly, more than Zero-One, even if that show is technically better. It connects with me a lot more than the later on a lot of elements.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The thing we have to think about when discussing Saber is the massive effect of COVID had on it. I just noticed the severe lack of interactions with the rest of the world that the main cast has. There was the boy in episode 1 but beyond that (I'm not counting Buster's kid), there isn't a focus of normal people. I generally think parts of the city disappearing when a MOTW attacks was purely design to limit any potential of one off normal people that has been a staple for tokusatsu. Saber is the most insular KR series I ever watched. Usually series get insular with its cast towards the end but by episode 5, Saber has completely isolated itself from the rest of the outside world.

I feel Toei is using COVID to completely justify their lack of effort which is sad.
Grunfox
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Build
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Saber
Quote: "I don't have a dream. But, you know, I can protect dreams."

Post by Grunfox »

Please don't drop Saber. It's honestly the one thing I look forward to every week.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”