Zenkaiger Announcement meeting & Messages released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger Announcement meeting & Messages released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Like Luna, I too was surprised that Kazlaser was hosting. But he seemed to genuinely like Sentai and was a good fit. Still hoping to see Miyajima Sakura host again someday!

So let me get this straight. Instead of having 5 healthy young people, to avoid covid stuff, we're just going to replace four of those people with an old grandma?

Honestly though, the characters seem fun and it'll be intersting to see them interact with past Sentai members. Thanks for Luna for correcting all my mistakes as usual. I knew we wanted to get this out in a hurry, so I skipped watching the video like I usually do, before I started the translation

I wasn't able to quite get the meeting to encode the way I wanted. The version on TTFC is 30 fps and interlaced. Reducing it to 24 fps made it look like the audio didn't fit right, so I just slapped a deinterlace filter and left it at 30fps like the other raw I saw out there. I spent a day experimenting with stuff on Thursday, so I hope this version is good for people
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: Zenkaiger Announcement meeting & Messages released

Post by The M »

Any confirmation if past Sentai actors will show up in Zenkaiger?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If they don't, someone fucked up bad
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:20 pm If they don't, someone fucked up bad
I think that it was incredible that Gokaiger managed to get at least one actor from all previous Sentai Shows.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 pm So let me get this straight. Instead of having 5 healthy young people, to avoid covid stuff, we're just going to replace four of those people with an old grandma?
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet. Did they literally say that they dropped the face actors for COVID reasons?
I wasn't able to quite get the meeting to encode the way I wanted. The version on TTFC is 30 fps and interlaced. Reducing it to 24 fps made it look like the audio didn't fit right, so I just slapped a deinterlace filter and left it at 30fps like the other raw I saw out there. I spent a day experimenting with stuff on Thursday, so I hope this version is good for people
I wouldn't sweat it. For an announcement meeting, frame-perfect deinterlacing is not critical. Since it's not a dramatic work, it's entirely possible the meeting was recorded at 30fps (or 60fps) to begin with.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

If you're worried about video issues, bare in mind that the first time I watched this was via a Twitch stream that kept freezing up. So anything is better than that.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 pm Thanks for Luna for correcting all my mistakes as usual.
So...many... mistakes... /me dies

Pro: Hearing them say it was basically like Decade again made me feel a little more hopeful for the series. At least then we've got veteran Sentai coming in. The setting is also kinda interesting with the Kikanoids being essentially rebels fighting against their own people.

Con: Non-human non-face characters tend to be fairly one-note (Champ was strong, Garou was a dog, Raptor was the secretary who did fuck all, etc), and it's not looking much better here. Their introductions pretty much have us their only character traits. A good actor will be able to expand on their character, even non-verbally, but with one person acting and one person voicing, it's going to be difficult to get a very nuanced performance.

Kinda funny how the prize gatlingers aren't being sent out until retail ones drop to prevent them being hawked online/hacked for their jingles.

If this is the 45th anniversary, what the hell are they gonna do for 50? You can't make every year an anniversary year, Toei, it takes all the fun out of it.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 pm If this is the 45th anniversary, what the hell are they gonna do for 50? You can't make every year an anniversary year, Toei, it takes all the fun out of it.
Well, they didn't do that much for the 40th in terms of anniversary. They had Super Doubutsu Taisen as a side series that isn't even canon with most returns being voice over (with an updated AkaRed) and the Gokaigers showed up for the 2000th episode milestone.

If this show was influenced by COVID, putting focus on the anniversary may have allowed them to streamline things a bit (like having rangers based on mechs to have actors in suits most of the time).

They might've had some anniversary focus without COVID, but either way, they could cover any anniversary "needs" with a 10 Years Later Gokaiger movie (if able).

Speaking of, anyone else notice that the 4 mechs were used for the Gokaiger/Go-Buster mech Gokai Change (with the 3 used by Red Buster not included)?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think they said that's why there are four robots, but you know. The implications
Lunagel wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 pm f this is the 45th anniversary, what the hell are they gonna do for 50? You can't make every year an anniversary year, Toei, it takes all the fun out of it.
Remember that the 40th was just Jyuohgers. /me shudders

If the show is good, I'll probably grab the Blu-ray and redo it. They tend to put the announcement meeting on the first volume as a bonus
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i really hate this show.

i don't think i've hate a show in the begining concepts more than this show.

i'm ready to call it. i hate this show more than i hate build. i'm still gonna watch the first three episodes to be fair but build didn't make it past episode 3. i'll be surprised if i make i to episode 3 of this.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Obviously Marvelous will make appearances given that he'd become the most iconic Red Ranger.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Aeikozz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:39 pm i really hate this show.

i don't think i've hate a show in the begining concepts more than this show.

i'm ready to call it. i hate this show more than i hate build. i'm still gonna watch the first three episodes to be fair but build didn't make it past episode 3. i'll be surprised if i make i to episode 3 of this.
Ouch. With a reaction like that, Toei must have fallen to a new low here to many people.

I'm just wondering if they'll expand on the "multiple worlds" concept used in Go-Onger, given that the writer apparently has a fetish for multiverses. (Then again, Japan tends to follow the philosophy of that one song from Shadow the Hedgehog.)
Lunagel wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 pm Con: Non-human non-face characters tend to be fairly one-note (Champ was strong, Garou was a dog, Raptor was the secretary who did fuck all, etc), and it's not looking much better here. Their introductions pretty much have us their only character traits. A good actor will be able to expand on their character, even non-verbally, but with one person acting and one person voicing, it's going to be difficult to get a very nuanced performance.
I find that ironic seeing as many people tend to find half the main protagonists in general either bland/flat or just unremarkable, especially compared to some of the side characters. (Remember Ninniger and Ghost?)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think they can use the Go-Onger multi-dimensions, since that one was based on a theory that had an explicit limit on the number of dimensions there can be (I forget how many it was off the top of my head). But since they'll probably visit Go-Onger at some point, maybe it'll be expanded?

As these anniversaries continue, it's going to be harder and harder to do them while still telling a story. Sentai is up to (checks the wiki) 45 series. Are they going to visit a different series every week since it'll be a ~50 week series?

Anyway, it's easy to grumble about the series before it's out. It's just people guarding their hearts. Things can be surprising treasures like Kiramager, or surprising let downs like Saber. There's no way to tell before it's actually out
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 pm I wasn't able to quite get the meeting to encode the way I wanted. The version on TTFC is 30 fps and interlaced. Reducing it to 24 fps made it look like the audio didn't fit right, so I just slapped a deinterlace filter and left it at 30fps like the other raw I saw out there. I spent a day experimenting with stuff on Thursday, so I hope this version is good for people
I can't speak for any other versions, but the audio is definitely out of sync on the SD, and then sound finishes altogether at around 41:45 whilst the video keeps going.

I do appreciate you guys putting this out though, I was wondering whether we'd get to see it. Thank you. :)
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

JustiFanV2 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:08 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 pm I wasn't able to quite get the meeting to encode the way I wanted. The version on TTFC is 30 fps and interlaced. Reducing it to 24 fps made it look like the audio didn't fit right, so I just slapped a deinterlace filter and left it at 30fps like the other raw I saw out there. I spent a day experimenting with stuff on Thursday, so I hope this version is good for people
I can't speak for any other versions, but the audio is definitely out of sync on the SD, and then sound finishes altogether at around 41:45 whilst the video keeps going.

I do appreciate you guys putting this out though, I was wondering whether we'd get to see it. Thank you. :)
It's the frame rate. Releasing v2 in a moment since it's easy to fix like I did on HD720.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”