RIDER TIME Zi-O VS Decade: 7 Zi-O! 01 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

RIDER TIME Zi-O VS Decade: 7 Zi-O! 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki
Next >

Feels like there's more stuff going on here, but it's still another elseworld side story about Zi-O. Why does Decade only appear for a few seconds in both series?

I'd like to imagine that Sougo doesn't see gender, or that he somehow didn't pick up on Heure's gender all this time. But yeaaah, yikes. That joke really feels out of place in 2021

It's nice to see the Zi-O side characters, but the school setting felt all over the place. In addition to being surrounded by Worm zombies in an apocalypse, as well as two other Sougos running around

At least Tsukuyomi transforms and fights, so that's nice. Hope there's a lot more in the second episode

Notes:
-Geiz is intolerant of gays, cancel him!
-Oh blood and giblets. Guess it's one of those Inoue stories

Not to give Inoue too much credit, but this line sounds like a meme ready in the making:
Romance is the ultimate avoidance of reality.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: RIDER TIME Zi-O VS Decade: 7 Zi-O! 01 released

Post by decade368990 »

Here is a link to the TV Asahi site: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/reiwakamenri ... gory=anime

From the pictures of the site. They remind us a couple of things:
- Bottom left Sougo picture, Sougo dresses like Gentarou / Fourze.
- Geiz's hair style makes him resemble to Sakurada Dori: Koutarou / New Den-O.
- Schwartz looks like Sawaki Tetsuya from Agito.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I dunno, I kinda liked the Heure/Sougo romance thing going on. It felt old-school Clamp-y to me, the kind where they're like "eh, who cares about gender, we're in love"

Give Tsukuyomi one more appearance and already she'll have more onscreen transformed time than she did in the whole series (what? bitter? me? nahhhh)

Dunno where this is going but I'm slightly more entertained than with the other one, which was too derivative for my tastes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:24 am I dunno, I kinda liked the Heure/Sougo romance thing going on. It felt old-school Clamp-y to me, the kind where they're like "eh, who cares about gender, we're in love"
Normally I do too, but I guess I'm more guarded with Inoue involved, since he's written some heinous stuff in the past. To be fair, his stuff with Rider Time has been pretty good so far. Here's hoping it doesn't go down a crappy direction
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Wow- compared to Decade VS Zi-O, this felt bad. Was it the forced romance? Was it the setting? I don't know, but it felt really bad, despite the principal making all those wacky faces.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

I can already smell the meme potential for this series. Eventually we'll get to this point:

"He's Zi-O, he's Zi-O, you're Zi-O, I'M ZI-O! Are there anymore Zi-Os I should know about?"
Another Zi-O I/II: "Meow."
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

These side shows with the smaller budgets be hitting different. That rider kick at the begining was rought. Where's all the fancy effects.

No need to make excuses for him.
I'm goonna plead the 5th on Geiz Reaction.

i need more of these episode. they're so good. kids jumping out of stories. So great. I feel likes it been forever since we had dark stories.

is it just me or is the aspect ratio on tsukyomi's transformations super off. She seems extremely tall and thin in that.

That kiss felt like a Mai Otome reference. I know it isn't but for the love of god i want it to be.

I love these stories. I hope they never end.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

I wonder if the Basketball Sougo from Decade VS Zi-O is the 7th Sougo: he even has a 7 on his shirt. I was counting Ohma Zi-O as the 7th Sougo before (he was in the trailers).
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

The M wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:51 am I wonder if the Basketball Sougo from Decade VS Zi-O is the 7th Sougo: he even has a 7 on his shirt. I was counting Ohma Zi-O as the 7th Sougo before (he was in the trailers).
To be fair, Ohma Zi-O is meant to be the Sougo of one timeline the TV series focused on but in the distant future.

How Future Sougo might fit into all of this? My best guess is this.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Ehmm..... This was WILD..... And somewhat creepy. Definitely has more things going on than the Decade vs. Zi-oh. Can't tell which one I like better, just yet.
I don't like the main Sougo, has he always been like this? In the series I mean...? And just like everyone else, I liked that Tsukuyomi transformed. I keep telling myself, "this will all make sense once I've seen all the episodes....". Still hoping I will understand it more than now when I've finished watching them.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Okay, so both series parallel with having a single location surrounded by nothing, and Tsukusa only peeps his head in right at the end. Is one show supposed to be set after the other, or are both taking place simultaneously? Hopefully Decade will be able to shed some light on what's going on because right now I'm confused as hell.

That Misa girl isn't an existing character, as far as I can remember, but it's interesting that she appears in both shows. Odds are she probably has some deeper involvement.
takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:48 am In addition to being surrounded by Worm zombies in an apocalypse
The monsters aren't Worms, they're Inves (Gaim.)
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

JustiFanV2 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:39 am That Misa girl isn't an existing character, as far as I can remember, but it's interesting that she appears in both shows. Odds are she probably has some deeper involvement.
Her actress was Haruka's Sister in Amazons. Also, she is the only new character that is in both Zi-O VS Decade and Decade VS Zi-O. I wonder if she is involved in the plot.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Not quite as catchy a plot hook, especially as it boils down to a similar "death game in a trapped environment" concept. One of the few things the Zi-O series actually did well enough was the alternate time-line content with White Woz, so this may end up being something similar. The real curious thing is the Inves, while they'd definitely attack people, they were always shown as being more focused on finding and consuming more Helheim fruits. So them eating humans is definitely a twist factor to this. And again, this is still a way more interesting narrative than the actual Zi-O season itself, so I'm curious what they might do that could salvage these characters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But they already have a Hikarigamori Academy Sougo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:48 am -Geiz is intolerant of gays, cancel him!
I'm not sure if Geiz is intolerant. It might be that he thinks that Sougo is straight and dumb and doesn't realize what a confession letter means.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”