Zenkaiger 02 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
16%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 31
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 02 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4.34 of 5 (35 votes)

Alt Title: Enter the furry robo

Zyuran eats? I guess that makes sense if they have takoyaki

I'm still not totally sold on this story and characters, but it's all passable and the action was pretty good this time

I think Secchan gets his name from Setsumei as in "exposition"

Was wondering if destroying the gear would also destroy the world it holds, but I guess it just sets it free
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Zenkaiger 02 released

Post by Lunagel »

Pretty amusing, some actually funny bits in there, so I'm still cautiously hopeful. I'm really not a fan of putting that preview footage in the OP though, totally breaks up the flow.

So the gears looking exactly the same is a complete coincidence? Bad guys developed them on their own? Uh huh... 20 bucks says that the evil empire kidnapped Kaito's parents and have been forcing them to work for them. This will be revealed in the 30s with a dramatic rescue in the early 40s.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

This was a great episode. Unlike its 5 year milestone predecessor, the potential for an expanded plot is still intact.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 am Pretty amusing, some actually funny bits in there, so I'm still cautiously hopeful. I'm really not a fan of putting that preview footage in the OP though, totally breaks up the flow.
Only thing we can hope for at this point is an edited OP for the first arc's Blu-Ray release.
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 am So the gears looking exactly the same is a complete coincidence? Bad guys developed them on their own? Uh huh... 20 bucks says that the evil empire kidnapped Kaito's parents and have been forcing them to work for them. This will be revealed in the 30s with a dramatic rescue in the early 40s.
Would certainly help explain how their world and the human world got merged if they had an emergency plan in case they got captured.
deuxcolors
Adventure
Favorite series: KR Build
2nd Favorite Series: Zero One
Dreamy: Almost everyone is too damned pretty
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Tokusatsu, Voice Acting
Quote: We are all fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
Type: INTP Architect
Instagram: deuxcolors

Post by deuxcolors »

Still fun, still really enjoying this show (yes, it's only ep. 2).

So who do I send the thank you card(s) to for the super speedy releases?

Robo Lion is as fugly as Robo Dino, but the combination makes it understandable.

So Zyuran is "Old Man Joe Cool" and Gaon is going to be "Look at the fluffy bunn... humans!"?

The only aesthetic thing thing that really bothers me is the fact Gaon has a lion's head on top of his face so he has four eye sockets... And Vroom will have glasses... Bleh.

Speaking of Vroom, yup he got smacked around again.

I was really curious how they were going to use those gymnastic ribbons with GoGo V's power. Jump rope gag... Ok.

I'm happy with this, and I really like that they are only adding one new member per episode.
deuxcolors
Adventure

Post by deuxcolors »

Oh! How long are we going to get the "one soldier gets shot before the fight"?
I figure it will end once all the members have joined (along with the "explain the transformation while the enemy waits"), but I find that gag hilarious for some reason.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Not to be that guy, but the name of the mecha is Zenkai JuraGaon (ジュラガオーン) (according to the commercial, if I saw it correctly)
So you might want to use "ZyuraGaoon" instead of "ZyuranGaoon", unless you have your reasons...?

The episode was pretty funny. Maybe it's just me, but I like funny stuff like this. And yes, the shooting one soldier gag works for me :lol:
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
DrGamer2039
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by DrGamer2039 »

The camerawork for the Gaon vs Mushroom fight was really neat.

Loving this series so far. It feels silly and fun in all the right ways.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Is it just me or the big bad VA is........Alucard from Hellsing? I know there is someone else with a similar voice in the business but despite all that addition to his voice in here kinda nostalgic and at the same time gives my back hairs a spin like none other.
deuxcolors
Adventure

Post by deuxcolors »

Fine I'll use Gaoon from now oon....

(Well, if my autocorrect allows it...)
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Is it worrying that i can tell which sentai they are going to use by just seeing the number on the coin? Ofcourse this applies to ones 15+ but still.......
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Is that Isao Sasaki's voice in the "bang, bang" part?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Perhaps I'm still mad at the ridiculous "All the Sentais are different universes" retcon, but honestly that was meh. Gaon seems like the least interesting of the team in general from what we've seen.

I guess no tribute episodes/returning cast members until episode 5 at the earliest then, on the assumption episode 4 will be Vroom's debut.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

V2 incoming

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:26 am Not to be that guy, but the name of the mecha is Zenkai JuraGaon (ジュラガオーン) (according to the commercial, if I saw it correctly)
So you might want to use "ZyuraGaoon" instead of "ZyuranGaoon", unless you have your reasons...?

The episode was pretty funny. Maybe it's just me, but I like funny stuff like this. And yes, the shooting one soldier gag works for me :lol:
Didn't notice there was no n. Whoops. Bad on me for making assumptions

Luna found a mistake too. I thought one line was referring to lineage and stuff, but it literally is just Gaoon saying he likes Yatsude's fur

(I'm at work so I probably won't be able to get an encode started till I go home for lunch)
silentstorm
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Post by silentstorm »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 amPerhaps I'm still mad at the ridiculous "All the Sentais are different universes" retcon, but honestly that was meh. Gaon seems like the least interesting of the team in general from what we've seen.
What retcon?

Historically, this has been the case, the only exceptions being Gokaiger/Ninninger/Zyuohger as every other Super Sentai crossover happens on movies which i think Toei said are in a world of their own, likely being the world of those three series, just saying, even when Kyuranger went to another universe, it kinda seemed like Dekaranger and Gavan were in their own corner of the universe and it was movies that suggested they weren't.

Before those, i guess Sun Vulcan/Denjiman/Battle Fever J are on the same world, but only because Battle Fever Robo appears in one episode of the other two series apparently being built while Sun Vulcan and Denjiman share villains who outright mention the Denjiman, through every other series, no one ever mentions past Super Sentai teams and acts like it's a big connected world outside of crossovers.

It is weird for Gokaiger/Ninninger/Zyuohger to be on separate worlds though, assuming they are of course, we haven't been told every Super Sentai series happened on different worlds, and the movie has every Red Ranger appearing and despite Zenkaiger on episode 1 showing everyone was mid series when they were trapped, i hear some Red Rangers know each other in the movie, so maybe those three series are in the same world and just live in the one world where everyone exists while the rest are on a solo universe?

Or maybe Toei doesn't care about canon and just wants to entertain kids.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”