KR Gotchard promo

Post by takenoko »

So the new Kamen Rider is coming
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Gotchard promo

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:19 am So the new Kamen Rider is coming
With Rider Cards, I mean Progrise... no wait, Ride Chemy Cards.

Because nothing says alchemy like cards. Maybe if it was a more mystical approach, but it seem more mechanical and the cards do resemble Rider Cards.

Of course, we'll have to see how the series spins the idea, but of all the times not to have actual items for the gimmick, the alchemy themed Rider wouldn't be it.

You'd think this would be the one to rip off Build's gimmick, but put a spin that works better to explain the system.

Heck, alchemy makes for more sense for mixing things that shouldn't really match and get the best results than science does. Guess that's why the Driver is a two card system.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Gokider wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:54 pm Of course, we'll have to see how the series spins the idea, but of all the times not to have actual items for the gimmick, the alchemy themed Rider wouldn't be it.
Surely there will be some other gimmick to replace it. Unless Toei's big plan is to sell lots (and lots) of super cheap cards, rather than small toys, then they'll still need some kind of accessory toy line to sell.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's a combination of Blade, Ichigou, and Den-O.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:18 amSurely there will be some other gimmick to replace it. Unless Toei's big plan is to sell lots (and lots) of super cheap cards, rather than small toys, then they'll still need some kind of accessory toy line to sell.
y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they're planning to do. They've really been pushing the minipla Kingohger mech (which is about half the price of the actual toy and much smaller) plus there are little sofubi figures in the candy aisle for under 500 yen apiece. Getting a big mech and lots of figures requires a trip to the toy store plus having the space and probably waiting for a birthday or special event because they're so damn expensive. However, if they've got these cute little things that are reasonably priced and you can just grab at the grocery store, maybe as a reward for good behavior or something, well, I know what I'd be focusing on.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:41 am y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they're planning to do. They've really been pushing the minipla Kingohger mech (which is about half the price of the actual toy and much smaller) plus there are little sofubi figures in the candy aisle for under 500 yen apiece.
Hmm, you may be right, then. That's a good point that I hadn't even considered: King-Ohger isn't doing any gimmick toys either. It's a heck of a change for Toei, especially coming from Donbros + Geats with their emphasis on gears/cores. But the times, they are a-changin'.

Return to “Kamen Rider (Completed)”