< Previous
Wiki
Next >

What are you doing there, Brain?

Is that what Banno looked like before? what cheap cgi lol

I was wondering why Saiba Nico was here

Gotta love it when they use the Garren Jack form helmet by mistake

Hey hey, Garren got his King Form at last. Just took 20 years

Considering we have actual cyborg Riders, it's a little weird to have Yuuto get hacked by an AI

Wait, we got Kamen Rider Brain for like 2 seconds?

Are they only able to hire Genm to chew the scenery once a year? I assume the next Outsiders will be next April since they love the April Fool's day release
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Kamen Rider Outsiders Ep 4 Zein's True Identity

Post by msf232 »

This new form of Garren was featured in some promotional materials and everything, but the way they glossed over in the actual episode made me think for a second that it had always been there and was nothing new... how come?

Ah, the Yuto Sakurai and timeline/future stuff– still not fully clear as ever
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:21 am Wait, we got Kamen Rider Brain for like 2 seconds?
Seems they cut the first appearance in this series at the beginning of this episode as shown in the preview last time where he fights Zein.
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:21 am Are they only able to hire Genm to chew the scenery once a year? I assume the next Outsiders will be next April since they love the April Fool's day release
With all of the cuts and limitations, they probably can only afford to have a certain amount of scenery chewed before it starts cutting into anything else.
msf232 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:05 pm This new form of Garren was featured in some promotional materials and everything, but the way they glossed over in the actual episode made me think for a second that it had always been there and was nothing new... how come?
Everything in this seems to barely be there so by comparison it's not strange that there's not much shown.
Last edited by Gokider on Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's just the nature of TTFC stuff. Most of the budget probably goes to gathering these cameos. It's just cool we got some of Garren's King Form after 20 years

Sakurai Yuuto, he's timey wimey
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well, Zein is back to (or at least, is finally shown to) being evil, which is a relief. The previous episode was very confusing in showcasing him as the good guy. This entire series is getting handwavey (if not a bit timey-wimey) with the plot, so I'm glad it's not as disorganized as it first appeared, and that it was in fact a months-long ruse.

At this point we know that Nico and Horobi were flim-flammed, and that Zeronos got a little too overzealous before coming to his senses (and then getting mindjacked by Zein). I'm still not sure what Tachibana's stake in all of this is, however. He seems to be the only "good" rider who is fully in on the plan, so there must be something more going on there.

And while Zein's existence isn't really any less confusing than before, at least they've consolidated everything to a single being. The Zein powers are now being wielded by Zein itself, so KR Zein is KR Zein in all senses of the phrase.

Though I'm a bit lost as to why Ark is fighting Zein at this point. Aren't they both members of the "AI should destroy humanity" club? Though I guess Zein is supposed to undo whatever hellish landscape Zeronos came from, and that Ark presumably contributed to?

On a more subjective matter, is it me, or was the writing for Brain rather bad in this episode? His classic defining characteristics are being smart, and being a coward/toady. He was never one for being flamboyant - certainly not like this. At points it felt like an entirely different character. Though I suppose he's not the only one like that, since we're also dealing with an AU Zeronos?

As for the production of this series, the outdoor setting and lack of a trailer for the next episode finally confirms a few things. They definitely filmed the first 5 episodes in a short block of time, and have been doling them out over the last year. This episode was clearly filmed in the late fall/early winter - and indeed all of the episodes released thus far have been shot at the same time of the year. So Toei has had this episode in the can for almost a year now. Which is why we've had next-episode previews, and why, more broadly speaking, this series hasn't felt like it was written one episode at a time (because the series had a minimum order commitment).

But the lack of a trailer and the Kuroto voiceover also confirms that 4 was the final episode shot in the original production season. So there's nothing left to show. The good news? Toei has clearly greenlit another production season. So as the teaser goes, we're getting more episodes in 2024 (another 4, I'd presume). I just hope it wraps up the story, since the very slow release rate it would drag on for 4+ years otherwise.
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:21 am Are they only able to hire Genm to chew the scenery once a year? I assume the next Outsiders will be next April since they love the April Fool's day release
That's a reasonable bet. Since they have to film a whole new production season, I'd expect a longer gap than the usual 3 months. But they may surprise us.

Though now that I think about it, we didn't get any Genm this year. His last appearance was episode 0 in 2022. So 2023 was the first year in a while to be Genm-free. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Well, Zein is back to (or at least, is finally shown to) being evil, which is a relief. The previous episode was very confusing in showcasing him as the good guy. This entire series is getting handwavey (if not a bit timey-wimey) with the plot, so I'm glad it's not as disorganized as it first appeared, and that it was in fact a months-long ruse.

Let me tell you about this concept, a suicide squad. They're bad guys, but they basically do good guy things

>I'm still not sure what Tachibana's stake in all of this is, however. He seems to be the only "good" rider who is fully in on the plan, so there must be something more going on there.

Maybe they just figured they could loan him from the King-Ohger set for a day and just wrote him in. "Garren? He's evil now. It's okay since it's a parallel universe or time fuckery"

>Though I'm a bit lost as to why Ark is fighting Zein at this point. Aren't they both members of the "AI should destroy humanity" club? Though I guess Zein is supposed to undo whatever hellish landscape Zeronos came from, and that Ark presumably contributed to?

Yeah but Zein is good and Ark is evil. The writer wrote it into their names, so they have to be opponents even if their actual motivations don't make sense

>On a more subjective matter, is it me, or was the writing for Brain rather bad in this episode? His classic defining characteristics are being smart, and being a coward/toady. He was never one for being flamboyant - certainly not like this. At points it felt like an entirely different character. Though I suppose he's not the only one like that, since we're also dealing with an AU Zeronos?

Since this one is a spinoff of Kamen Rider Brain, I guess he's supposed to be a bit different? I honestly don't remember the details of that special either, but I guess this Brain cares about stuff

>Though now that I think about it, we didn't get any Genm this year. His last appearance was episode 0 in 2022. So 2023 was the first year in a while to be Genm-free. :lol:

Could have fooled me lol
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:26 pm As for the production of this series, the outdoor setting and lack of a trailer for the next episode finally confirms a few things. They definitely filmed the first 5 episodes in a short block of time, and have been doling them out over the last year. This episode was clearly filmed in the late fall/early winter - and indeed all of the episodes released thus far have been shot at the same time of the year. So Toei has had this episode in the can for almost a year now. Which is why we've had next-episode previews, and why, more broadly speaking, this series hasn't felt like it was written one episode at a time (because the series had a minimum order commitment).

But the lack of a trailer and the Kuroto voiceover also confirms that 4 was the final episode shot in the original production season. So there's nothing left to show. The good news? Toei has clearly greenlit another production season. So as the teaser goes, we're getting more episodes in 2024 (another 4, I'd presume). I just hope it wraps up the story, since the very slow release rate it would drag on for 4+ years otherwise.
That would mean it's a bit more up in the air as to what will happen and who will appear going forward though.

Think Buffa will show up now that Geats is done? He should at least meet Dan and Horobi and see how he gets along with other one-note zombie purple poison people breakers (even if some of that's changed in their respective series).
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but has Toei announced anything about the next episode yet? For the previous 3 years we've always gotten something Genm/Outsiders related as an April Fool's promotion, so I'm wondering if they did something for 2024.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Y'know, I completely forgot about this, but no, it looks like they didn't do anything for April Fool's this year
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah they announced it yesterday (oh so that's why). New Outsiders is May 28th

To be fair, the past april fools were just an excuse to bring Mr Genm to chew the scenery. Now that Outsiders is a legit Kamen Rider anniversary something something, I guess it falls out of that scope. (Also, Toei is producing too much crap lately, it's so hard to keep up)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:44 am Yeah they announced it yesterday (oh so that's why). New Outsiders is May 28th
Oh, ha! I guess my timing was on point after all. I had no idea they had just announced something. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up.
To be fair, the past april fools were just an excuse to bring Mr Genm to chew the scenery. Now that Outsiders is a legit Kamen Rider anniversary something something, I guess it falls out of that scope.
I'm not really sure what scope it falls under in the first place. But it's also had to pass on watching that magnificent bastard chew the scenery.
(Also, Toei is producing too much crap lately, it's so hard to keep up)
Oh? What else have they announced?
Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:12 am Y'know, I completely forgot about this, but no, it looks like they didn't do anything for April Fool's this year
To clarify, they didn't do anything period, or just nothing for Outsiders? I'd be surprised if they skipped it entirely; they seem to have an odd fondness for the day.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nothing period? I don't see anything on the news page for April 1st.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>(Also, Toei is producing too much crap lately, it's so hard to keep up)[/quote]Oh? What else have they announced?

https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Toku_Disc_Release_List
Let's see, March had Yodonna final, Geats Anime 7-8, Abare 20, Faiz 20 (maybe a leak?)

Apparently Jamato Awaking is out and Gazer also aired which I just now realized

The Gotchard hyper battle DVD is out. Also there's this Gotchard girls talk on YouTube that I'd like to work on

>To clarify, they didn't do anything period, or just nothing for Outsiders? I'd be surprised if they skipped it entirely; they seem to have an odd fondness for the day.

I didn't notice much April Fools this year besides the Nintendo Switch Virtual Boy Pro commercial
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Don't know about April Fools' Day, but there is more Outsiders on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl2-BvDiuTs

Return to “Kamen Rider (Completed)”