My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 22 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4.38 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Tricera sure sounds like the Aba one

Ichinose comes in a new flavor, with a hat!

Oh, Rinne has a hat too. It's cute that they have a sign for the Kitchen Alliance in the background

Rinne seems less awkward this week

Random thought, it's weird that Sabi plays the awkward guy. I wonder how his acting compres to the trio of Riders?

Oh, these guys are idiots. How did they not see that Spanner is clearly going on a date with his mom

Did I mention last week that it's super weird to me that Chemys can take human form? The implications of that seem pretty far-reaching

Wait, does this guy have a theme song??

I wonder whose hands those are in the beginning of the opening. Who has two orange rings/

Looks like Kurogane's parents were in their 40s when they died? . I always forget if NE is an actual abbreviation or a made up thing for Toei's weird parallel worlds

Klotho gets... more clothes? What's the difference?

Professor Kyouka falling on her face is kind of cute. It's nice to have someone comfortable with their imperfections, unlike Kurogane who's always pretending to be perfect

What card is that? Geryon always finds the most messed up animal cards

Mr. Zukyun sure screams cult leader. Let me guess, it's a kid's show, so he doesn't drink blood, but is an energy vampire?

"Chemy, like a vampire "Vampire"." What's that mean? I see Toei hasn't fixed Incect. Good good

Wow, I literally called it

Come on Rinne, a little more enthusiasm for that line

We need more Osaka-chan

Well... that was a thing with the parka

No, stop sidelining Osaka and Sabi. I like those two best

Oh hey, we get to reuse the Kamantis suit

Valvarad's new form is so bulky and ugly... It looiks like a literal plastic toy

Okay Kiva, what are you up to? I think him being a villain is misdirection. I mean, the guy's literally makjing a heart

Oh, Majade is getting a second form. Nice

Kind of a mixed bag. There's some humor in the ep, a little intrigue with what Zukyunvampire is up to. Klotho is a bit one-dimensional, so it's a bit of a bummer to see her versus Valvarad. At least with Lakhesis there's that weird sexual chemistry from her side
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gotchard 22 thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:39 pm I wonder whose hands those are in the beginning of the opening. Who has two orange rings.
it goes by too quick for me to tell, but are we sure they're the same person's hands? what if it's two people working together?
the difference is the actress getting a bit more protection from the cold in winter. >.>
What card is that? Geryon always finds the most messed up animal cards
I had the same question at first, and managed to guess correctly before the reveal when they beat the malgam later. I didn't think it could be an animal, because it looked like some kind of mammal with claws. from the animal category, the only option like that is Lixion, which is a lion, a level 10, Houtarou has it atm, and also the wrong colors. we know it couldn't be Yocerberus for similar reasons (already obtained, we've seen it as malgam and it doesn't look like that, wrong colors, etc.). the only other Fantastic category chemy with traits like that is, again, the wrong color and styled differently. the only option that left was Sabeliger, the level 5 Ancient category Chemy, which it later turned out to be. fitting, because it pairs with Zukyumpire for Gotchard's form purposes, though as an Occult category chemy I'm expecting Houtarou gets to use that "form" maybe once before Valvarad takes him for his powerups.
Oh, Majade is getting a second form. Nice
took long enough. she's had those two cards for like 3 or 4 weeks now. meanwhile Valvarad as a Rider debuted a week ago, had a form/powerup right away and another one immediately the next episode. really not helping the "who's the secondary rider?" debate.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

> wonder whose hands those are in the beginning of the opening. Who has two orange rings.
>it goes by too quick for me to tell, but are we sure they're the same person's hands? what if it's two people working together?

I was wondering that too, but they make the triangle mark so it's probably a left and right hand. But I don't think any of the current alchemists wear rings on both hands, just right. Blue is standard, red is teacher/master level? Purple is Kurogane. So orange has to be Rinne? It looks like they're creating the Chemy, so maybe that's Rinne's dad. Although youc an't see if he's wearing any rings in the beginning

Also, Renge is using alchemy to create money in the opening. How have I never noticed that before

>the difference is the actress getting a bit more protection from the cold in winter. >.>

lol, the difference is Gotchard has one line where he goes "she's gotten stronger!"

>I had the same question at first, and managed to guess correctly before the reveal when they beat the malgam later.

I don't think it has multiple heads, but a liger is a mix of two animals that are just barely compatible. Hey, at least it's not mixing a human and a dog, right? Throw in a saber tiger and you get Geryons' favorite number

His favorite number is three

So how's the scoring for secondary rider going? Rinne got her form first, but Valvarad is first two second and third forms and he got the focus for the last two episodes. But Rinne is still the most important character of the story

Edit:
I noticed the sisters appearing in Geryon's gold cube in the second opening. The cube's not there in the first opening, but I'm just wondering about their half/half motif. I thought it was a one eye thing like the sisters from the Perseus myth, but Atropos doesn't even have a veil. She just covers half her face with her own hand (for a second it looks like her reflection is in gold). Actually, the veils are weird in that the only thing you can see is their one actual eye...

I guess we should have guessed Rinne and Spanner would become Riders since they're the only ones with flipping cards in the opening besides Ichinose

One final note on the opening, it's cute how the Men in Kamen flips to be a card. Since men is the Japanese word for face/surface
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Houtarou came up with Spanner from that description??

Lakhesis silently observing whether Minato will be able to get away with his blunder.

Okay, I loled when Spanner just threw Kyouka to the floor. Nice job keeping her from harm.

BunnyParka is literally just a jumper...

Klotho did the stain in gold thing. Up till now no one other than Geryon can do it.

All of Valvarad's power-ups are just adding a new armor chest plate. At least Majade is actually a new form.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Every time they say "Zukyun" I'm reminded we're never getting an Akibaranger Series 3.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am Every time they say "Zukyun" I'm reminded we're never getting an Akibaranger Series 3.
*cry weep sob*
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

*plays with my 3 MMZs to console myself*
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The scene where the scooby gang was following Renge "in disguise" looked like it was copied straight from an episode of Sailor Moon.

I wonder if Rinne did multiple takes of her trying to be the "cool" cult leader only for the producers to go with the lamest one, reasoning that it would throw the balance of the show off if Rinne was actually super cool? Then Rinne asking Renge what she was doing and Renge saying "you don't wanna know" has a hidden meaning.

I think that Klotho was able to stain the Chemy's with gold because Geryon lent her some of his power.

If Red is master for the Alchemy ring, it would be cool if Minato's ring was now gold colored but turns back to red when he is mostly in control.

Will a giant castle shaped dragon appear in the sky and eat Mister Zukyun?

I guess there was an important reason why Mister Zukyun never uses the word "gorgeous" when describing his followers?

Poor Kajiki. He's going to have his memory erased again. There's going to be a lot to process if he gets his memories back all at once.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:39 pm "Chemy, like a vampire "Vampire"." What's that mean? I see Toei hasn't fixed Incect. Good good
I wonder if that was originally supposed to be something like, "A vampire (kyuuketsuki)-like Chemy". Like, calling him a vampire in English, then explaining what that means in Japanese. Then they machine translated the whole thing into English, and on one who actually knows the language proofread it to notice the redundancy...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:39 pm Looks like Kurogane's parents were in their 40s when they died? . I always forget if NE is an actual abbreviation or a made up thing for Toei's weird parallel worlds
50s, even, in the case of the father. With those dates, he's a bona fide boomer; and his wife is just barely a Gen Xer. This is all fictional, but those are odd dates to have their only kid being a precocious 24 year old.
Klotho is a bit one-dimensional, so it's a bit of a bummer to see her versus Valvarad. At least with Lakhesis there's that weird sexual chemistry from her side
I enjoy watching Klotho fight, but you're not wrong. She's a combat monster and little else. With 3 sisters, the writers seem to have settled on giving each one of them a narrowly defined personality to keep them distinct.
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:54 am
the difference is the actress getting a bit more protection from the cold in winter. >.>
Aye. I think in the past they've mentioned that filming is a couple of months ahead when a given episode airs. So this would have been filmed in December, during the cold Japanese winter. I always felt bad for the Kiramager girls due to their short shorts, but Klotho's outfit was even skimpier. So she had to be damned cold in that.

I am a bit surprised that the show even addressed the matter; normally the heroes (and villains) just switch to their winter clothing with nary a word said. So dressing it up as a power-up is an interesting idea, though come spring time, she's going to somehow need to lose said power-up in order to keep the ratings up. :lol:

On the plus side, there were a lot of face shots in her untransformed fight against Spanner. I figured they'd use the costume change to sneak in stunties more often, but at first glance, it looks like Klotho's actress was doing a lot of that stunt fighting on her own.
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:07 am > wonder whose hands those are in the beginning of the opening. Who has two orange rings.
>it goes by too quick for me to tell, but are we sure they're the same person's hands? what if it's two people working together?

I was wondering that too, but they make the triangle mark so it's probably a left and right hand. But I don't think any of the current alchemists wear rings on both hands, just right. Blue is standard, red is teacher/master level? Purple is Kurogane. So orange has to be Rinne? It looks like they're creating the Chemy, so maybe that's Rinne's dad. Although youc an't see if he's wearing any rings in the beginning
Whoever it is, I'm reasonably sure it's a dude. Those are not the hands of a young woman, which would safely rule out Rinne.
Lunagel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:10 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am Every time they say "Zukyun" I'm reminded we're never getting an Akibaranger Series 3.
*cry weep sob*
I was a little surprised to see 2022/2023 pass without a tribute. It's not a mainstream show, but it was Super Sentai, dammit. :cry:
resop2 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm Poor Kajiki. He's going to have his memory erased again. There's going to be a lot to process if he gets his memories back all at once.
That kid is going to end up with drain bamage at this rate. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>I always felt bad for the Kiramager girls due to their short shorts, but Klotho's outfit was even skimpier. So she had to be damned cold in that.

Yeah, normally you'll see them in their super coats behind the scenes, but they can't get away with that here, where she needs to be moving around and fighting and stuff

>On the plus side, there were a lot of face shots in her untransformed fight against Spanner. I figured they'd use the costume change to sneak in stunties more often, but at first glance, it looks like Klotho's actress was doing a lot of that stunt fighting on her own.

What's fun during her run on Amazons was finding pics of her hanging out with that cast before she got into a wrestling match. She's a melee monster in real life too!

Gee, I wonder where Director Tasaki got the idea for Klotho's costume?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

They ehh... p-bandai made a plastic keychain case sold with the Zukyumpire card. It costs USD7. :?

Price: 1,100 yen (tax included)
Pre-order start: February 9, 2024
Shipping date: April 2024

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000207711/
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

That's surprisingly cheap. Usually Premium Bandai prices have an extra 0 added on the end just for fun.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”