midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: KR Gotchard 27 thread

Post by midorininger »

the crosshopper toy is kinda ... mid ... and i was curious how he was going to unfold it to work on his driver, but no! He rides Tenliner. i liked that. But still anything clear plastic is fail. although i guess, if this was animated it might has looked better.... Sometimes i feel Toei does their shows like a live action cartoon and forgets 2d media doesnt anyways translate well in to living 3d.

Rinne doesnt use her Mooncerebus form enough.

Platium is more valuable than gold, so i guess thats why its Gotchard's form to defeat the gold guy.

... Platana Gotchard sounds tasty :P but would they go with green or yellow? yellow is the ripper color ...

EDIT: alsoe first time i saw the back of the cards... so its kind of like they determine which 2 go together and on which side of the driver they should be placed in to create that Gotchard .... so im guessing Houtaru mixes 2 unmatched Chemy to have that sweater form? it seems like ... there may be Gotchard forms we havent seen or maybe wont?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:10 am EDIT: alsoe first time i saw the back of the cards... so its kind of like they determine which 2 go together and on which side of the driver they should be placed in to create that Gotchard .... so im guessing Houtaru mixes 2 unmatched Chemy to have that sweater form? it seems like ... there may be Gotchard forms we havent seen or maybe wont?
You mean the parka? I think the non human forms (the wilds) are still matches aren't they?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Oh was it a parka? it was this bizarre random thing he did ... but he used it twice ...

if there a place to view the fronts and backs of all Chemy cards?
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

It seems for the card battle game part, Ganbalegned had the official english wording of Gotchard's new form on the card as Platina just like from the official tv-asahi site. Given its from a Spanish word, wouldn't that linked to Geryon's last words of El Dorado another Spanish meaning?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So what will happen in the second half of the season?

There might still be some of Geryon's puppets left over. Perhaps Atropos reveals herself to be the next big evil and creates another Geryon by combining the remaining puppets?

Maybe they will go the Hibiki route and have a transfer student appear that starts stealing Houtarou's chemy's because he is cooler than Houtarou?

Or, perhaps Houtarou's dad finally shows up and tells Houtarou that he cannot play with cards anymore and must concentrate on his schoolwork?

Lakhesis could break from Team Rocket and show up in Houtarou's high school as a bad girl transfer student complete with evil anime girl laugh and two bad girl henchmen?

Klotho and Spanner could have a long drawn out plot line where neither one can admit that they like each other.

A big evil shows up who steals chemy cards by using a yo-yo ...

Kamen Rider Legend shows up and steals all the chemy cards. The scooby gang must get them back by convincing each card that being "gorgeous" is nice, but it also nice to be liked for being yourself. Kajiki winds up playing a dual role.

You could do a "one year later" story line where chemy's are now popular and low powered relatively safe chemy's are now used in Yu-Gi-Oh like tournaments.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:46 am Oh was it a parka? it was this bizarre random thing he did ... but he used it twice ...

if there a place to view the fronts and backs of all Chemy cards?
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category: ... Card_Backs

You only need one since both sides are featured

Edit:
[21:42] <~takenoko> ooh, akiko is writing next week's renge ep
[21:43] <~takenoko> I guess toei figured out the trick to writing women characters is to hire a lady writer
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The fact that this episode is mostly getting 4s feels about right. While this was the end of a major arc and introduced (yet another) new Gotchard form, the execution has been so-so overall. Not bad by any means, but not great, either.

I will miss Geryon to an extent, though. He was competent, and in this episode he finally stole the damn driver that has been the MacGuffin of the series since day one!

And is it my imagination, or was Klotho's actress struggling not to smirk while being restrained by Spanner? Maybe she's found her gotchanko? :lol: Though I think craft services needs to start giving her decaf coffee; her acting has always been a little over-the-top in intensity, but in this episode in particular, her eyes were practically bugging out whenever she had lines. :shock:

Oh, and a very minor error in the Anon subs - 03:57: "An exquisite symphony of live and death"
Yaiba wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:58 am So there were some insights on the Production blog (https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/gotchard/28/) about Geryon, The Dark Door and Platium Gotchard that weren't really explained well in the episodes, but I think would give so much more understanding to what was actually happened in the story.
That was indeed very insightful. Thanks for posting that!

Though the fact that the writers need to explain all of this in a blog post underscores how the series has been struggling at times to shows (or even tell) its ideas within the show itself. Having all of this information clearly and organically disclosed within the series itself would go a long way towards improving the storytelling, IMHO.
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:37 pmGeryon really is king midas
Yep. Kudos to you on calling that one a couple of months back.
Oh, they turned Hopper1 into some weird alien thing...
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with that thought. CrossHopper is as ugly as sin.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”