Chemy Cards (maybe spoilers)

Gotcha Goseiger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Chemy Cards (maybe spoilers)

Post by Lunagel »

I still think it's kinda shit there's no Majade cards besides promo stuff out for almost 2 months after she debuts. I would've vastly preferred two smaller phases rather than one big one
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why would Majade get her own cards... don't they all share the same deck?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Her driver only gotchankos the Cosmic and Fantastic lines of cards
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

That's not surprising, sadly. Secondary Rider/6th Ranger items are usually very limited in their use of the gimmick item. Necrom's 3 Eyecons have special pins on them exclusively for the Mega Urlorder, purely so they didn't have to give it a proper Eyecon Reader. The Sclash Driver does generic sounds if you put in anything that isn't Dragon, Robot, or Crocodile, even though I'm pretty sure it can read them all, same with the Meteor Driver and Circle Switches beyond Meteor, Elek and Fire. Beast's Rings use a pin system instead of the NFC chips in the others (though they still have the chips and will scan in the Wizard Driver). The button system on the Gokai Cellular and codes in the Leon Cellular are presumably both to prevent needing a reader. I could go on.

Still better than the OG Diend Driver, which just cycled through 3 or 4 sounds, regardless of what you inserted.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:28 am Beast's Rings use a pin system instead of the NFC chips in the others (though they still have the chips and will scan in the Wizard Driver).
that one at least had an in-universe justification. Beast's belt and rings are an older magic system, since it trapped Kimaira inside and forms a contract with the user rather than use something already inside the user and dragging it out for power, like Wizard with the dragon, so Beast's belt was made before Wizard's rings and thus isn't designed to use them, but Wizard's stuff is refined, so it's backwards compatible.

like a PS1 and PS2.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:21 pm Her driver only gotchankos the Cosmic and Fantastic lines of cards
thinking about it more, that's really weird. like, Valvarad's sword being able to read Vehicle and Occult chemys individually but only reading everything else as their category/special/Kamen Rider at least makes sense, since it's not a belt and he'd only care about the ones he can use (it being able to read Occult ones was a nice hidden detail for once he became a Rider that we couldn't have known right away, since we didn't have any Occult cards to test), even though we have the technology to put full card details in, given the chemy risers, Gotcharge Gun, and Legend's stuff can read them, but Rinne's is an attachment to a belt that could ALREADY read all the cards, so if it only works with her two categories, it's locking you out of stuff.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:55 pm thinking about it more, that's really weird. like, Valvarad's sword being able to read Vehicle and Occult chemys individually but only reading everything else as their category/special/Kamen Rider at least makes sense, since it's not a belt and he'd only care about the ones he can use (it being able to read Occult ones was a nice hidden detail for once he became a Rider that we couldn't have known right away, since we didn't have any Occult cards to test), even though we have the technology to put full card details in, given the chemy risers, Gotcharge Gun, and Legend's stuff can read them, but Rinne's is an attachment to a belt that could ALREADY read all the cards, so if it only works with her two categories, it's locking you out of stuff.
oh wait it's even worse because the damn thing was p-bandai only what the fuck. girl riders getting the shaft again
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So at episode 26, halfway through, here's what we've got
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/gotchard/item/

Missing ancient card 7
Missing plant 6
Missing occult 1-3, 7, and 8
Missing ancient 1-4, 7, 9
Missing cosmic 1-3, 5, 6, 8
Missing fantastic 2, 4-5, 7-9
Missing Houtarou's card

Also the art for the cards is pretty good:

Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so, I just got in my boxes of Phase:03, and getting a closer look at all the cards in it, I noticed something:

I already knew the Repli Chemy were different colors from the regular versions, but on closer inspection, Repli Unicon and Repli DaiOhni are wearing the armor Dread gets from using them.

compare:
ImageImage
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, neat detail! makes sense
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

the set list for Phase:04 has been revealed. there's technically not much new, since it's majority reprints with new art, which is also how I classify the Final Form Rider cards, since they don't change the sounds in the driver, though it does include the 101st chemy, if people want to wait on being spoiled for that. it's another set like Phase:EX where every card is shiny.

basic rundown for people interested in the cards but don't want to see the spoilers:

1) all the cards Gotchard used for "proper" forms from the previous sets, i.e. SteamHopper, AppareSkebow, AntWrestler, NeedleHawk, GoldMechanica, and LightningJungle, as well as all the normal level 10s for each of the 10 chemy categories in RR (rainbow rare) rarity with new art and rainbow colors, as well as the backs being either the color of the helmet for that form or rainbow colored for the level 10s

example here:
Spoiler
2) 3 cards related to the 101st chemy at NR rarity (the N is a spoiler)

3) a rainbow colored Blank card at SR rarity, example below
Spoiler
4) SR rarity Replichemy and Daybreak chemy cards with normal coloring for such.

Replichemys: Antrooper, Greatonbo, Kamantis, Odorippa, Madwheel, Venomdake, UFO-X, and X-Rex

Daybreak: Hopper1, Gengenchouchou, Apparebushido, Golddash, Steamliner, Timelord, Saboneedle, and Junglejan

5) Legend Rider cards for the remaining final forms (Ultimate Kuuga, Ryuki Survive, Faiz Blaster, Hyper Kabuto, Emperor Kiva, Decade Complete, Cyclone Joker Extreme W, PuToTyra OOO, Infinity Style Wizard, Mugen Damashi Ghost, Grand Zi-O, and Xross Saber) as well as dark rider cards for Genm, Ark-Zero, and Demons

6) LS rarity for a pack version of Legend's final form card, so you can have a sturdier version than the thin one that comes with the toys, like the original Legend card in Phase:EX

7) GR (Gotcha Rare) rarity alt arts of the primary chemy for each rider with their rider, but functionally are just the chemy itself, so Hopper1 and Gotchard, Hopper1 and Daybreak Gotchard, MachWheel and Valvarad, Steamliner and Dread, Unicon and Majade, and Legend with Legend Chemy

8 ) wrapping up with LP parallel art cards for all the final form riders and three dark riders listed in section 5, as well as parallels for Geats IX and Legend's final form, same as they did in Phase:EX

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”